Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

Re: Watson, let's recap his playoff history with actual real context:

2018 - loses WC game to IND 21-7.   Wasn't great, but wasn't really the problem.  1st playoff game.

2019 - wins in OT vs. BUF - and Watson carried the comeback.    For those that didn't watch the game, or forget, here's a recap of what having Watson meant:

If link doesn't work - copy/paste -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keYd1CLj_R4

2019 - leads HOU to 24-0 lead vs. the SB champs that year - only to have BOB pull one of the all-time worst game management HC jobs.

If link doesn't work - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9rp8fv5YQo

Honestly, not sure where the "Watson 0 playoff wins" or "didn't play well" narrative comes from.  It's only been 3 years since then.   Really selective memory.

Let's be clear - Watson's off-field baggage and PR hits are massive.  But from a football pespective, he's 1000x the QB that Baker Mayfield is.   I say that as someone with zero skin in the game. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

No I did not see him beat 1 playoff level team how many teams in there division made the playoffs after luck

Tennessee? 9-7 every year the Texans won the division? Remember 2019? Y’know, the year Derrick Henry ran roughshod on the Ravens and beat Tom Brady in his last game as a Patriot? The year they made the AFCCG and lost to Pat Mahomes on his way to his SB win?

C’mon man, you’re wasting my time if your recall is THIS bad. 

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

2018 - loses WC game to IND 21-7.   Wasn't great, but wasn't really the problem.  1st playoff game.

A game where DeAndre Hopkins got hurt on the first play of the game. Watson's WRs that day were rookie WR Keke Coutee and... QB Joe Webb. Yes, a backup QB was WR2 in a playoff game.

That's totally normal. That doesn't impact anything.

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

2019 - wins in OT vs. BUF - and Watson carried the comeback. 

That game was lost at halftime, Watson and Hopkins put on a clinic in the 2nd half... And the clincher is probably one of the most incredible plays I've ever seen.

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

2019 - leads HOU to 24-0 lead vs. the SB champs that year - only to have BOB pull one of the all-time worst game management HC jobs.

Exactly, Watson didn't lose this game - BOB did.

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Honestly, not sure where the "Watson 0 playoff wins" or "didn't play well" narrative comes from.  It's only been 3 years since then.   Really selective memory.

I genuinely dislike the player, but I don't let this interfere with the narrative of what Deshaun Watson has done.

Just now, mtmmike said:

No I did not see him beat 1 playoff level team how many teams in there division made the playoffs after luck

Retired.

How come he never got Houston to the 26th  pick. 

Point 2 Deshaun never has us drafting 27.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

How come he never got Houston to the 26th  pick. 

Point 2 Deshaun never has us drafting 27.

MIAMI had that 26th pick in the 2020 draft - from Houston, as part of the Laremy Tunsil trade.

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

C’mon man, you’re wasting my time if your recall is THIS bad. 

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Let's agree to disagree and let's revisit later.

You REALLY need to take your own advice on this one, because you’re only digging yourself into a deeper hole.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's got you drafting 44 this year

Excellent point. 

I believe he had Houston drafting top ten a couple of times 2.

The point is even in his best year statistically Houston got 4 wins.

Mayfield was horrible statistically last year he still won more games.

So there is no excuses Mayfield took

This team to 12 wins .

So deshaun needs to get 13 wins to prove he is better.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You REALLY need to take your own advice on this one, because you’re only digging yourself into a deeper hole.

I am deshaun is a career 519 record in the regular season with a losing record in the playoffs. 

He is a 10 to 15 best qb that is all.