Root for the Browns

NateDawg

Still on board?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Did you want Watson?

2. 2. Still actively rooting for the Browns?

• Yes
    • No
    • I’m an outsider who roots for another team
    • All-22 revenge

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

It is going to be interesting because we are going to be having no depth for 3 years with this trade 1 of many football related concerns. 

Really?  I mean really?  No depth?  For one, we can get depth in free agency which is easier to do when you have a good team.

Also, you would assume we would have hit on all those picks??

Also, a top end QB is more important than depth.

edit..damn it, I didnt even realize who I was replying to.

Edited by duke2056
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, class act of them to not talk to a single one of the 22 victims while saying they did a ton of homework and due diligence 

Let's be real, none of the teams did talk to them, nor do I blame them. All their stories are already on paper to read. Even their attorney said he didn't blame teams for reaching out.

18 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Let's be real, none of the teams did talk to them, nor do I blame them. All their stories are already on paper to read. Even their attorney said he didn't blame teams for reaching out.

Which I have zero issue with. Let's not pretend Andrew Berry and this FO care about Watson the human or the victims either. That's disingenuous and disrespectful. He's here to ball out and that's it. Saying or insinuating anything else is a facade and deserves to be called out as such.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duke2056 said:

Really?  I mean really?  No depth?  For one, we can get depth in free agency which is easier to do when you have a good team.

Also, you would assume we would have hit on all those picks??

Also, a top end QB is more important than depth.

edit..damn it, I didnt even realize who I was replying to.

Huh thank you have a good day

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Which I have zero issue with. Let's not pretend Andrew Berry and this FO care about Watson the human or the victims either. That's disingenuous and disrespectful. He's here to ball out and that's it. Saying or insinuating anything else is a facade and deserves to be called out as such.

We haven’t even had the press conference yet cmon bro. Hear them out 

11 minutes ago, brownie man said:

We haven’t even had the press conference yet cmon bro. Hear them out 

Read the statement from the lawyer and FO. Cmon bro read.

https://flipboard.com/@yardbarker/yardbarker-sports-2ibroshnz/attorney-browns-didn-t-reach-out-to-deshaun-watson-reported-victims-before-trad/a-KuIbLqxsS8q_4BZ3kCWoxg%3Aa%3A1921442233-5198d8faf8%2Fyardbarker.com?format=amp

If you want to listen to a bunch of lies and spin zone go ahead. 

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You give off the vibes of a dude who believes strippers are actually digging him.

We made the trade didn’t we 

You can say whatever you want. I’m a realest. He on the team when you didn’t think he’d be on. 

I’ll admit I’m a person that’s usually down for a redemption story. Im a fan of second chances. That is true. It’s a crazy world we live in I don’t expect too much from people to where they won’t at some point make seriously wrong decisions. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have an opportunity to redeem yourself. 

You might think you’re in a place to determine who’s worthy of a second chance and who’s not. I don’t think that highly of myself.

So yeah I’m going to be open to seeing this play out. Im depending on the legal system and not public opinion to determine what people do or don’t deserve. So yeah ima be open to hearing what Deshaun/The Browns have to say before I make my personal judgements. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brownie man said:

We made the trade didn’t we 

You can say whatever you want. I’m a realest. He on the team when you didn’t think he’d be on. 

Correct.  This is also 100% not what we’re discussing.

I’ll admit I’m a person that’s usually down for a redemption story. Im a fan of second chances. That is true. It’s a crazy world we live in I don’t expect too much from people to where they won’t at some point make seriously wrong decisions. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have an opportunity to redeem yourself. 

Definitely not the point I was making either.

You might think you’re in a place to determine who’s worthy of a second chance and who’s not. I don’t think that highly of myself.

You’re still missing the point.

So yeah I’m going to be open to seeing this play out. Im depending on the legal system and not public opinion to determine what people do or don’t deserve.

OJ innocent?  

So yeah ima be open to hearing what Deshaun/The Browns have to say before I make my personal judgements. 

Now we’re getting to the point.

If someone can tell you something in a scripted press conference statement to change your opinion of a situation, Jesus mary mother of god man.

If he said it didn’t happen, do you believe him?  If he says it was just 22 misunderstandings, how about then? What about if he’s really, really sorry and even says so aloud?  Maybe he even gives some money to a charity.  Hard not to believe a guy doesn’t wanna help when he donates a bit of something he has nearly an endless supply of.

You don’t get a second chance or redemption from a press conference or a donation to RAINN.  You redeem yourself by shutting up and living like a decent human for an extended period of time.  After you’ve actually shown contrition through actions, maybe then people will come around.

Unless they’re you.  You just need a presser and to hear his side of things.

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

A bad decision is one thing. 2 dozen sexual assault charges are another. I’m fine with people rooting for a player but thinking this is a human redemption story is laughably nauseating.

“We need to hear his side of things” is not something I was prepared for lol 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 2:14 PM, JDD said:

Well since I didn’t want them to trade for him I get to be the bitter fan. Which is not who I am. My problem is that I was a fan of the Browns, when we sucked I still watched and rooted for the team and players. 

Now I get to act like every problem this team has I get to blame Watson and every good thing that happens I get to say it wasn’t 100% him.  

Also maybe being insufferable will be a good thing.  I think I’ll start 10 threads every time he misses a pass or losses a game.  Since it will be his fault 100% of the time. 

Lets Go Reaction GIF

• Like 1