Root for the Browns

NateDawg

Still on board?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Did you want Watson?

2. 2. Still actively rooting for the Browns?

• Yes
    • No
    • I’m an outsider who roots for another team
    • All-22 revenge

Still a fan but honestly won't know how I'll really feel about it until the training camp and season actually start up.

I was surprised that I was actually encouraged reading how Stefanski and Watson watched film 1 on 1 for hours during the meeting. Stef had cut up a season's worth of Watson's plays that were identical to what the Browns run..and they sat there and hashed out X & O's. Supposedly that played a key role in his decision.

Idk. It's just bizarre. the contract, the allegations.

I've been a fan of Jim Brown. Vick. Brett Farve. Roethlisberger. But this one is creepier to me. Unless it's revealed at some point that every one of the MT's had crossed that line with previous clients or led on that they might, this guy was or is a sick assh#le.

Feels like a lengthy suspension could be handed down as pr counter for the league. Wouldn't really argue against it.

Edited by BrownLeader

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think people forget how good Watson is. Look at his 2020 stats.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3122840/deshaun-watson

We just traded for a Aaron Rodgers caliber of talent. 

2-8 in one score games with zero 4th quarter comebacks and no game winning drives that season.

Unless that stuff isn't important...

Yeah, he has been good. Especially statistically, like Cousins. He is more athletically gifted than Baker (arm isn't as strong) and he can make things happen with his legs.

The question is can he take an NBA type star studded team and make them successful. Can anyone? We're going to have stars and scrubs. 5 starters is a lot different than 22 and I don't know if our stars will be able to hide our flaws once these contracts take flight. It will certainly be interesting to see but I honestly believe we're all in for 2022 as far as making a deep run unless we draft great.

There will still be a lot of mixed feelings this year so if we do finally win it all it will be in the most Browns way possible.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Still a fan but honestly won't know how I'll really feel about it until the training camp and season actually start up.

I was surprised that I was actually encouraged reading how Stefanski and Watson watched film 1 on 1 for hours during the meeting. Stef had cut up a season's worth of Watson's plays that were identical to what the Browns run..and they sat there and hashed out X & O's. Supposedly that played a key role in his decision.

Idk. It's just bizarre. the contract, the allegations.

I've been a fan of Jim Brown. Vick. Brett Farve. Roethlisberger. But this one is creepier to me. Unless it's revealed at some point that every one of the MT's had crossed that line with previous clients or led on that they might, this guy was or is a sick assh#le.

Feels like a lengthy suspension could be handed down as pr counter for the league. Wouldn't really argue against it.

Just curious, where did you read that? I heard he was impressed with Stefanski, but didn't hear the details.

47 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

2-8 in one score games with zero 4th quarter comebacks and no game winning drives that season.

Unless that stuff isn't important...

Yeah, he has been good. Especially statistically, like Cousins. He is more athletically gifted than Baker (arm isn't as strong) and he can make things happen with his legs.

The question is can he take an NBA type star studded team and make them successful. Can anyone? We're going to have stars and scrubs. 5 starters is a lot different than 22 and I don't know if our stars will be able to hide our flaws once these contracts take flight. It will certainly be interesting to see but I honestly believe we're all in for 2022 as far as making a deep run unless we draft great.

There will still be a lot of mixed feelings this year so if we do finally win it all it will be in the most Browns way possible.

I’ve been thinking about what you said for awhile now. Are teams better off being top heavy if you have a stud franchise QB? 

Most recent examples are the Rams and Chiefs. Both were and are super top heavy, but won the super bowl.

We need a star WR still imo.

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve been thinking about what you said for awhile now. Are teams better off being top heavy if you have a stud franchise QB? 

Most recent examples are the Rams and Chiefs. Both were and are super top heavy, but won the super bowl.

We need a star WR still imo.

Yeah we aren't getting a Kuup/Hill but definitely need a better #1 than Cooper if we want to mock their #1. It will have to be through the draft though so that seems unlikely.

We also need a better scheme on defense imo. Can't play off if you want pressure to get there regularly. The defense improved last year but they still weren't very clutch.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...