Carlos Correa signs with...Minnesota Twins

CWood21

7 hours ago, mission27 said:

As much as I hate Correa and am glad he will not be coming to the Bronx...

We just let the best shortstop in baseball sign for $105m and are going to start some flea with a career 81 OPS+??? WTF

Oh it gets worse.

Y'all essentially traded Correa, Urshella, and Gary Sanchez for Josh Donaldson and IFK.

8 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

This one makes zero sense to me for a multitude of reasons.  

Twins have routinely bounced back and forth from good to bad, so adding Gray and Correa can conceivably push them back into a playoff spot. A lot rides on improvement from Kiriloff and Larnach, plus health from the good version of Buxton.

Plus it's never a bad thing to sign a top 10 player in baseball for 3 prime years for nothing but money! The billionaire Pohlads will be fine and shouldn't have to contract their own franchise if it doesn't work out lol

Edited by redsoxsuck05

19 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Twins have routinely bounced back and forth from good to bad, so adding Gray and Correa can conceivably push them back into a playoff spot. A lot rides on improvement from Kiriloff and Larnach, plus health from the good version of Buxton.

Plus it's never a bad thing to sign a top 10 player in baseball for 3 prime years for nothing but money! The billionaire Pohlads will be fine and shouldn't have to contract their own franchise if it doesn't work out lol

Oh, I absolutely get why the Twins would make the signing.  I'm saying why the hell did Correa?  And why the hell didn't every legit contender not offer the same deal?  I get not wanting to give a 10 year deal to a 27 year old who has dealt with back issues already, but if he was willing to take a 3/105 deal, everyone should have been jumping at that.  The Astros especially.

• Like 1

This is an amazing deal for Correa.

He gets a floor of 35.1 million a year with 2 options to opt out.

Don't worry about the team, if they are 10 games out near the deadline he can force a trade by telling them he will opt out anyway.

He could very well be hitting homers for the Astros in October.