Robert Woods traded to Titans

MDY10

48 minutes ago, JonStark said:

This was a good move that feels bad. Robinson is a better WR than Woods is, especially coming off injury.. Hurts to see a guy we love to watch leave but we're a better team than we were before, especially once we resign OBJ. 

They are different WR, they have different skills, you can't compare them.  

1 hour ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Yes I’m definitely glad we did right by him. But even still I just feel like we got fleeced. That is pathetically low value

Yeah, this is something that our front office is so pathetic at. There's a difference between doing right by a player and gifting him away. The Lions did right by listening to Stafford that the Rams were his preferred destination. They still got market value for him in the deal. How the Rams settled on a late pick in next year's draft will be something I never understand. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Flounch said:

They are different WR, they have different skills, you can't compare them.  

They really aren't though. AR is a better contested catch guy and Woods is a better blocker, but aside of that, they actually have a lot of traits in common. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freebirdsrams said:

Woods will definitely be missed as a leader in the locker room and Robinson won't be able to fill that role.  I do think they should have received more for him but it is all about the cap and who else they are targeting. 

I’m a firm believer they could have gotten more and were offered more by other teams but I think they wanted to do whats right for him. Definitely will be missed. 

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 4:43 PM, MDY10 said:

I think they’re a lot more similar than you think. 

18 hours ago, JonStark said:

They really aren't though. AR is a better contested catch guy and Woods is a better blocker, but aside of that, they actually have a lot of traits in common. 

Well i don't know much about Robinson but for me he's like a WR that you put on one side, against the best corner, and you told him to beat the guy on a middle/ deep route and just throw a ball at him and let him do the work. But maybe i'm wrong. 

From a warm and fuzzy standpoint, this sucks. He was a great leader and lockerroom guy. Helped usher in the rebuild with Whitworth.

But this needed to be done. He was getting shopped before last year. He'll be 30 in April and coming off a major knee injury. I read the Rams could have gotten a little bit better compensation, but decided to let Woods choose his landing spot out of respect.

I expected a 5th. Turns out it's a 6th, but this is part of the business sadly. 

4 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Well i don't know much about Robinson but for me he's like a WR that you put on one side, against the best corner, and you told him to beat the guy on a middle/ deep route and just throw a ball at him and let him do the work. But maybe i'm wrong. 

You're not wrong, but that's not all that he is. He's a great route runner and a decent blocker (which will probably improve here). He really does everything well but hasn't had a QB who could consistently get him the ball. 

Also, this gives Stafford a Calvin/Marvin Jones type of jump ball  receiver that he's succeeded with in the past. OBJ is good at jump balls too, but Robinson is elite at that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonStark said:

You're not wrong, but that's not all that he is. He's a great route runner and a decent blocker (which will probably improve here). He really does everything well but hasn't had a QB who could consistently get him the ball. 

Also, this gives Stafford a Calvin/Marvin Jones type of jump ball  receiver that he's succeeded with in the past. OBJ is good at jump balls too, but Robinson is elite at that. 

Well we can only wish he will build chemistry with Stafford in the offseason. 

Also, i think we have to see how Skowrownek will developp this offseason. Right now he's a poor man Kupp/Woods but with few improvement on catch and blocking, we might see him a little bit more early next season. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Well we can only wish he will build chemistry with Stafford in the offseason. 

Also, i think we have to see how Skowrownek will developp this offseason. Right now he's a poor man Kupp/Woods but with few improvement on catch and blocking, we might see him a little bit more early next season. 

I’d much rather see Jacob Harris over Skowronek. I’m glad he will be back. 

• Like 1