Eagles Training Camp Thread

Kiltman

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

Cool to see Greg Ward showing up. He was so fun to watch in college. I love it when guys just embrace a position change in the pros and don't let egos get in the way.

Is he the QB that converted to WR this year? Didn't really follow where he ended up.

The recent cut/trade makes complete sense just as is but I wonder if the FO is making a little cap room for a signing. A CB that shakes loose perhaps? Trade? Cutting Smith saved the team from a 600k roster bonus. We should have seen that coming but makes you wonder if Howie is possibly about to tap the wand and pull some magic in the coming weeks. 

On Jernigan:

"I don't know if it flew under the radar, but it was an important acquisition for us. I think that will affect our pass-rush as much as bringing a first-round draft pick or veteran player into the mix."

Don't be surprised if Jernigan thrives in his contract season in Philly. The 24-year-old lineman owns fantastic penetrating ability, which meshes perfectly with Schwartz's defense. Jernigan underachieved in Baltimore's two-gap scheme, but should shine in Philly next to Cox.

40 minutes ago, Phire said:

On Jernigan:

"I don't know if it flew under the radar, but it was an important acquisition for us. I think that will affect our pass-rush as much as bringing a first-round draft pick or veteran player into the mix."

Don't be surprised if Jernigan thrives in his contract season in Philly. The 24-year-old lineman owns fantastic penetrating ability, which meshes perfectly with Schwartz's defense. Jernigan underachieved in Baltimore's two-gap scheme, but should shine in Philly next to Cox.

As much as I liked Bennie, I thought Jernigan would be an under-the-radar guy this year that would add way more than Logan did (in THIS scheme)
If we get two DTs wreaking havoc inside,  it'll do a lot of great things for this defense.

"You're afraid of confrontation!" defensive line coach Chris Wilson yelled at Barnett during pass-rush drills Tuesday. "You've got to get that out of your system. You've got to create the confrontation!"

Barnett has been getting coached up hard early in training camp. The Eagles hope he can step in and be part of the defensive line rotation early. The race is on to get Barnett's game NFL-ready.

H/T ESPN.

Makes sense really. Barnett is always trying to beat Tackles with his speed and bend, avoiding contact!!! Hopefully Wilson can teach him to bull rush "more" and add a Spin move to his arsenal.

Not many 1 trick ponies succeed in the NFL. You have to be able to set up numerous moves not just assume speed off the edge will always work.

Von Miller is a prime example of being able to do them all. 

Archived