2018 Senior Bowl/E-W Shrine/NFLPA Invite Thread

CalhounLambeau

Your morning update:

CB Chandon Sullivan (Georgia State)

Also, Dallas Goedert has reportedly already accepted his invite. The school reported that as well which, coming from somebody with a background of working in athletic departments, that likely means Jake Wieneke did not get an invite and isn't going to do barring injuries/declines. Schools will usually wait to publish all names going, specifically an FCS school which isn't going to be getting invites every year.

Martinas Rankin of Mississippi State in as well. I've also seen that Troy Fumagalli got an invite, but cannot seem to confirm this anywhere, just seeing some people list him as part of the TE's going to Mobile. 

Also, it seems like the list of East-West Shrine Game quarterbacks might be Jeremiah Briscoe, Luke Falk, Riley Ferguson, Quinton Flowers, Nic Shimonek, and Mike White, but Flowers is the only one I can confirm has an invite.

20 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Martinas Rankin of Mississippi State in as well. I've also seen that Troy Fumagalli got an invite, but cannot seem to confirm this anywhere, just seeing some people list him as part of the TE's going to Mobile. 

Also, it seems like the list of East-West Shrine Game quarterbacks might be Jeremiah Briscoe, Luke Falk, Riley Ferguson, Quinton Flowers, Nic Shimonek, and Mike White, but Flowers is the only one I can confirm has an invite.

I can confirm those are the six quarterbacks currently invited to the Shrine Game. We'll see if the Senior Bowl plucks a few of them. Really hoping Riley ends up in Mobile over Tampa as I think he's clearly the best of the group (my only draftable grade as of now).

On 11/15/2017 at 10:39 AM, goldfishwars said:

Has anyone seen much of Martinas Rankin yet?

As in watched him? I've focused on Rankin a few times and really love the kid. He's an slightly older prospect (turns 24 in October) after going JUCO and then redshirting, but it's not a big worry. Rankin is sound overall. I've rarely seen him out of position, his hand placement is good. He is very stout, has a nice base. That entire offensive line has played superb this year, but having Rankin being so consistently solid at LT is probably the main reason. I really like the RT who is a freshman also. 

Anybody know if Rankin got hurt last year against Auburn? He was playing well, came out a couple plays, then got put back on and was subsequently abused by Carl Lawson for a strip sack and TD. And then Rankin missed the rest of the 1st half after that but seemed like he played all of the second half. Odd overall.

Official invite acceptances rolled out just now:

USC LB Uchenna Nwosu

Memphis WR Anthony Miller

Indiana TE Ian Thomas

Oregon RB Royce Freeman

Nevada OL Austin Corbett (note he was listed as an OL. Played OT in college, projects to OG)

Georgia State CB Chandon Sullivan

Colorado State WR Michael Gallup

Iowa State WR Allen Lazard

Michigan LB Mike McCray

South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert

Oregon OT Tyrell Cosby

Utah DE Kylie Fitts

North Carolina A&T OT Brandon Parker (I've seen some project him to OG. I think he belong at OT and listed as an OT by Senior Bowl)

Jacksonville State CB Siran Neal

Stony Brook OT Timon Parris

Oregon LS Tanner Carew

Florida CB Duke Dawson

Florida P Johnny Townsend

New Mexico State WR Jaleel Scott

UTSA DE Marcus Davenport

UMass TE Adam Breneman

Murray State CB D'Montre Wade

Dubuque CB Michael Joseph

Southern CB Danny Johnson

Idaho State OG Skyler Phillips

South Carolina State LB Darius Leonard

I know a lot of these guys had already been reported, but this is official acceptances so barring injury, you'll see these guys in Mobile.

Also, as I figured with SDSU announcing Goedert going to the Senior Bowl but not Wieneke, the latter has an invite to the East-West Shrine Game. I thought I had previously posted the E/W Shrine Game QB invites here (don't see it though) so here is that list:

Jeremiah Briscoe, Luke Falk, Riley Ferguson, Quinton Flowers, Nic Shimonek, Mike White

Brogan Roback is heading to the NFLPA Bowl.

Archived