COMPLETE EDIT. BIME 3.0. REVISED 3/24/22. NO TRADES

JBarrett1984

4 hours ago, JBarrett1984 said:

They are depleted at WR. Since the end of the 2020 season, you lost Julio, Ridley, and Russell Gage.  Sorry to tell you bud, but you aren't winning with the likes of Zacheus & Tajon Sharpe as your 1 & 2 wide outs.  I'd say you can spend on FA, but at this moment, you took a 40m cap hit by trading away your franchise cornerstone(Matt Ryan). 

With that being said, WR is the focus on round 1. I was trying to work scenario's out where you guys can trade down.  Maybe Philly might move up to grab a DE?But without a trade, you're going best WR. Wilson is the best receiver in this draft. 

As for the 2nd round, you have choices. In my mock, Corral drops in round 1. I'm not to keen on the QB's in this draft. But for round 2, Corral is a talent. A younger version of Mariotta imo. He would thrive in Arthur Smith's offense.

As for the the 2nd pick in round 2, i contemplated on drafting Enagbare, DE SC in this spot, and heck i might update and change it, but I do believe Winfrey is explosive off the line, which will relieve Jarrett from getting double teamed.  

I just don't understand why though?  This draft is ridiculously super deep at WR and i can get a 1st round talent at WR in round 2 or 3 instead of taking 1 at 8.  Im not telling you not to take a WR im saying just be smarter at where we take one.   Take a player that the position is weaker at 8 where their is a much more noticeable difference in talent level for the next tier guys down.    Plus a WR is a heck of alot easier to replace than a edge rusher, DT, OL, S, or CB     WR and RB are a dime a dozen and can be fixed easily.  If i can grab a WR like Metchie, Tolbert, Sky etc... in round 2 then i just don't see the value in taking a guy like Garrett in round 1 when i don't see him that much better than the round 2 guys nor see the position that valuable to take in the top 10. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think it'd be really hard for the Steelers to pass on Jameson Williams for a small school OT. We need WR in a bad way, and we;ve made some moves to shore up the O-line. Penning doesn't really fit the mold for Steelers 1st rounders either. We typically look at Power-5, high character, young guys. 

Have u even watched Penning? He's a legit stud.  Athletic, long, and nasty. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Would u prefer a QB 

At this point, definitely. 

On 3/21/2022 at 12:32 PM, JBarrett1984 said:

8. ATL- G.WILSON, WR OHIO ST

Would much rather see the Falcons go QB. Tired of seeing Wilson here and the Falcons reaching for a WR. Malik Willis is loved by the staff here and would be a perfect fit for the new scheme.

43. ATL- C.THOMAS, DE SDST

This is a pretty big reach. Would much rather see Christian Watson, WR NDSt here to be the No. 1 for Willis for years.

58. ATL- COOK, S CIN 

He's probably a 4th or 5th round guy right now.  Give the Falcons a solid EDGE here.

5 hours ago, JBarrett1984 said:

They are depleted at WR. Since the end of the 2020 season, you lost Julio, Ridley, and Russell Gage.  Sorry to tell you bud, but you aren't winning with the likes of Zacheus & Tajon Sharpe as your 1 & 2 wide outs.  I'd say you can spend on FA, but at this moment, you took a 40m cap hit by trading away your franchise cornerstone(Matt Ryan). 

With that being said, WR is the focus on round 1. I was trying to work scenario's out where you guys can trade down.  Maybe Philly might move up to grab a DE?But without a trade, you're going best WR. Wilson is the best receiver in this draft. 

As for the 2nd round, you have choices. In my mock, Corral drops in round 1. I'm not to keen on the QB's in this draft. But for round 2, Corral is a talent. A younger version of Mariotta imo. He would thrive in Arthur Smith's offense.

As for the the 2nd pick in round 2, i contemplated on drafting Enagbare, DE SC in this spot, and heck i might update and change it, but I do believe Winfrey is explosive off the line, which will relieve Jarrett from getting double teamed.  

That's not what the front office is saying. And definitely not where the BPA value lines up. The big NFL rule is "If you don't have a franchise QB, find the guy with the tools to be your franchise QB." And with this being a deep draft, they can take a guy in the 2nd and the 4th and the 6th and replenish the WR corps with some solid talent to join Darby and OZ.

14 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Isn't Atlanta tanking for Bryce Young/CJ Stroud/Spencer Rattler or some other QB in 2023? They are clearing their big cap hits and should just add talent where they can in prep for 2023. They won't win much with Mariota. 

Taking a WR at 8 isn't adding the best talent they can there regardless.

22 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I just don't understand why though?  This draft is ridiculously super deep at WR and i can get a 1st round talent at WR in round 2 or 3 instead of taking 1 at 8.  Im not telling you not to take a WR im saying just be smarter at where we take one.   Take a player that the position is weaker at 8 where their is a much more noticeable difference in talent level for the next tier guys down.    Plus a WR is a heck of alot easier to replace than a edge rusher, DT, OL, S, or CB     WR and RB are a dime a dozen and can be fixed easily.  If i can grab a WR like Metchie, Tolbert, Sky etc... in round 2 then i just don't see the value in taking a guy like Garrett in round 1 when i don't see him that much better than the round 2 guys nor see the position that valuable to take in the top 10. 

It's ok, he's actively choosing to bury his head in the sand with us.

19 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Isn't Atlanta tanking for Bryce Young/CJ Stroud/Spencer Rattler or some other QB in 2023? They are clearing their big cap hits and should just add talent where they can in prep for 2023. They won't win much with Mariota. 

I hope so thats the plan i would go with myself.