Week 10 GDT: New Orleans (6-2) @ Buffalo (5-3)

Trentwannabe

mMKQqQUQYpJYno1xOvxrmOQ.jpgvs ff_2496561_full.jpg&w=340

Quick Stats:
The Saints have won 6 straight games.
Buffalo is 4-0 at home this season.
The Saints have the 2nd ranked Offense
The Bills are tied for 5th in PA on Defense

Not so Fun Facts:

Drew Brees threw for 750 yards and 6 TD's against Carolina last year.
Kelvin Benjamin had 2 catches for 8 yards against the Saints early this season
The Saints are 12th against the pass
The Bills are 30th in passing.

5 Previous Game:
2013: Buffalo 17 @ New Orleans 35
2009: New Orleans 27 @ Buffalo 7
2005: Buffalo 9 @ New Orleans (In Texas) 19
2001: New Orleans 24 @ Buffalo 6
1998: Buffalo 45 @ New Orleans 33

Analysis:

Last Thursday night has certainly lefty a bad taste in everyone's mouth from the fans, to the players to the media. Despite less then a handful of players from the 2011 team and only 1 from the 2008 Bills team left on this roster, it is being perceived as the same ole Bills who start out fast and then fall off. I don't think McDermott will allow it. The Bills may not end the drought this year, but this is not a team that's going to collapse and only win 6 or 7 games. It all starts Sunday at home where the Bills are 4-0 and outscoring opponents 111-69. The Bills will protect their dirt.

New Orleans is red hot right now and the emergence of Kamara has seen their offense go to a whole new level of dominance. Drew Brees is still playing at a high level despite losing Brandin Cooks. WR Ted Ginn has become a favourite of Brees since the bye week, catching 17 passes for 334 yards and two touchdowns. Add in Michael Thomas, Kamara and Ingram and the Saints passing game is as strong as ever. As mentioned above, the running game is what is most notable about the Saints offense lately.The Bills were shredded by the Jets in this area and they will need to clean it up if they have any hope of winning. New Orleans defense is playing very well under Dennis Allen thanks to the contribution of rookie CB Marshon Lattimore. For as well as their defense has played, they have allowed a lot of points against good NFL offenses (Detroit 38, New England 36, Minnesota 29) so it will be key for the Bills offense to score in redzone and not settle for 3.

There was lot of hype about last Thursday night, but the reality is, the Bills were due for a letdown game and it is not like the Jets are slouches. Chalk it up to a short week, a road division game or just plain bad lucky but the Bills lost and its time to salvage the season. The Bills defense over the last few weeks have not played well. They have created turnovers which helps mask the bigger issues but if the Bills are going to win Sunday, they need to slow down the Saints and keep them out of the endzone. Offensively the Bills on paper should be scary. Getting Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Clay back in the passing game should only hep Tyrod who has improved his passing from the pocket. Shady has been hit or miss but the schedule looks favorable for him if the OL can bounce back. The Saints have allowed the most 20+ and 40+ rushes in the league so this is a game Shady can take over if the Bills let him. 

I think this game has come at a perfect time as the Bills play much better at home and the Saints are not as good on the road. Winning 6 straight games is very impressive but likely not sustainable for New Orleans. I think the Bills return to the way they played against Denver and Atlanta and get the big win at home. Bills 27 New Orleans 14.

Wow last weeks loss was depressing lol but it's a fresh new week and hopefully we get back on track.

Reasons I like our chances:

• 10 days rest
  • 4-0 at home. Both our D and O play a lot better
  • McDermott has coached against and knows this saints team very well
  • The players are going to be pissed and hungry after last weeks stinker
  • Saints are due for a loss sooner or later, right?

Reason I don't like our chances:

• We all know about the saints offense but their defense is playing great right now.
  • Drew Brees and Co.
  • One of the hottest teams in the NFL.

Still thinking we just don't quite have enough to win this one.

Saints' ability to run the ball now is worth more than their passing yards IMHO. I feel like we need a win here, but even on 10 days rest that offense is going to be just too much for us to overcome.

Saints 24 (110 yds rushing, 260 yds passing, 1 turnover)

Bills 21 (115 yds rushing, 200 yds passing, 1 turnover)

Last game took too long to digest. We've been able to bounce back alot this season so that's why I don't see us getting ran out of the building so I expect a close game maybe even high scoring.

We need to establish the run and we need to get pressure on Brees. Our pass rush has been a huge disappointment

20 hours ago, JMG5 said:

As a Saints fan, I'm prepared for a let down game. Especially on the road. I think the Saints lose a close one.

Win or lose, good luck to you guys and lets hope for no injuries.

Thanks! To you guys as well. 

I really do hope the Saints win the division over the guy that eats W's and Mr. Fashion in Carolina.

Archived