Week 10 GDT: New Orleans (6-2) @ Buffalo (5-3)

Trentwannabe

4 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Remember the Preston Brown lovefest in this forum. He's a bum, can't tackle, can't cover while Reggie Ragland is a beast against the run in KC

I never had the love. Think he's a huge liability in the middle vs. passing attacks. Supposedly, Reggie didn't fit the scheme... [shrug]. I mean we really didn't get a chance as fans to see that proven on the field.

3 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

I never had the love. Think he's a huge liability in the middle vs. passing attacks. Supposedly, Reggie didn't fit the scheme... [shrug]

I don't get how a new coach can determine this considering Ragland was out all last year and was coming back ACL ? Beane and McD buried Rex draft picks and it's costing us 

15 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I don't get how a new coach can determine this considering Ragland was out all last year and was coming back ACL ? Beane and McD buried Rex draft picks and it's costing us 

I actually think they can make the call -  we just didn't get to see what he saw. You mentioned Ragland killing it vs. the run, but how about in pass coverage? High amounts of tackles don't necessarily mean he can cover - think Poz for an example. He always had a ton of tackles as RB's would go down after dragging him for 3-4 yards AND he was a liability in coverage, too. Still, if you just looked at a stat sheet...100+ tackles, so must be a stud!

4 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

I actually think they can make the call -  we just didn't get to see what he saw. You mentioned Ragland killing it vs. the run, but how about in pass coverage. High amounts of tackles don't necessarily mean he can cover - think Poz for an example. He always had a ton of tackles as RB's would go down after dragging him for 3-4 yards AND he was a liability in coverage, too. Still, if you just looked at a stat sheet...100+ tackles, so must be a stud!

I've been keeping a close eye on the Chiefs for our draft purposes and they seem to be in my weekly parlay. Give me 2 downs of Ragland and Milano on 3rd over Preston Brown. Ragland is getting better every week but no a 3 down back 

4 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I've been keeping a close eye on the Chiefs for our draft purposes and they seem to be in my weekly parlay. Give me 2 downs of Ragland and Milano on 3rd over Preston Brown. Ragland is getting better every week but no a 3 down back 

Most offenses are capable of getting to the line so fast, making 3 down players a necessity, but I get what you are saying.

Archived