Bills 7 round PFF Mock Draft results

BillsGuy82

Did a 7 rounder simulator on PFF for us. Went BPA WR at 25, doubled up on CB early.. PFF gave draft grade a B with Emerson being only "reach" in round 2.. Got a D grade 

1(25) - Treylon Burks WR, Arkansas

2(57) - Martin Emerson CB, Miss St

3(89) - Dylan Parham G/C, Memphis

4(130) - Zyon McCollum CB, Sam Houston St

5(168) - ZaQuandre White RB, South Carolina

6(185) - Cordell Volson T, ND State 

6(203) - Matt Araiza P, San Diego State

7(236) - Ben Brown G/C - Ole Miss 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I like Burkes a lot and really all of the selections on offense and definitely Araiza.

I don’t know much about either CB or who else may have been available. But it fills a major need and we have one of the best group of secondary coaches a guy could ask for.

Was between Burks and Booth Jr at 25.. The CB board was nice at 25 but got shredded early-mid round 2.

In reality, it think CB should go at 25.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Was between Burks and Booth Jr at 25.. The CB board was nice at 25 but got shredded early-mid round 2.

In reality, it think CB should go at 25.

My crush is becoming Elam. Certainly looks more and more likely we go CB at 25 unless they plan to trade up into the 40 range 

I see a lot of wr and cbs from bills fans and im only hoping in the next few weeks we bring in a vet at cb then go in to the draft bpa. While I think it is tempting to go wr early if Kenyon Green is there I want them to land him. I have been up and down on the draft for weeks still holding out hope for a jordan davis but understand that DT isnt a need this year but would be awesome to have paired with Oliver for the next few years especially having to pay him money in the neat future. Settle and Jones arent on long term deals so I would be for it. The other guy would be Jamison Williams he is top 10 talent and you cant pass up on him. If both Davis and Williams are gone Kenyon Green is my guy as we really do not have any guards. Some are hyped on Bates but 4 starts in regular season over 3 years isnt something I want to be protecting Allen day 1 this year. Having a beast who can create holes for the run game and an excellent blocker for passing game is a boring but solid move. 

Love the idea of doubling up on CB and Guard later on would be okay with this but I just have a feeling a RB this year isnt in the cards. I know duke isnt a lock nor is moss but is a late rd pick on an rb going to beat these guys out come week 1? Maybe I havent done a deep dive enough on the rbs but I feel like there isnt anyone going that late that can be the guy for us this year. Big fan of Araiza and it seems like every bills fan is hoping for this and would not be mad if we went with him in rd 4 or 5. I know seems high but at the same time him and bass locked up for several years would be big for us as it hasnt been stable since the Moorman days. 

Lb is the only thing I think we could look at over Tackle this draft but overall its not bad im just not in love with Burks. 

As you mention Elam is starting to be your guy and more I think about I am okay with this at 25 especially if we dont bring in a vet. May be a reach but who cares as if he pans out he answers our last spot for the next few years on defense.

I did my own PFF Mock Simulator 

Round 1 (25): Jameson Williams WR Alabama

:::TRADE:::
Buffalo Trades: R2:57 - R3:89 - R7:231

Baltimore Trades: R2:45 - R3:100

Round 2 (45): Kyler Gordon CB Washington

Round 3 (100): Luke Fortner OG/OC Kentucky

Round 4 (130): Kyren Willaims RB Notre Dame

Round 5 (168): Jelani Woods TE Virginia

Round 6 (185): Markquese Bell S Florida A&M

Round 6 (203): Cade Mays OG/OT Tennessee

5 hours ago, Tommy_C said:

I did my own PFF Mock Simulator 

Round 1 (25): Jameson Williams WR Alabama

:::TRADE:::
Buffalo Trades: R2:57 - R3:89 - R7:231

Baltimore Trades: R2:45 - R3:100

Round 2 (45): Kyler Gordon CB Washington

Round 3 (100): Luke Fortner OG/OC Kentucky

Round 4 (130): Kyren Willaims RB Notre Dame

Round 5 (168): Jelani Woods TE Virginia

Round 6 (185): Markquese Bell S Florida A&M

Round 6 (203): Cade Mays OG/OT Tennessee

I like this alot.. Markquesse Bell is value. Not sure about the Woods pick but I'd give this a A-

New Mock

1(25) - Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia

Trade sent 2(57) and 2023 4th to Philly for 2(51)

2(51) - Jalen Pitre, CB/S,  Baylor

3(89) - Marcus Jones, CB, Houston

4(130) - Kyren Williams, RB, Notre Dame

5(168) - Josh Johnson, WR, Tulsa

6(185) - Cordell Volson, T, North Dakota State

6(203) - JT Woods, S, Baylor

7(231) - Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State 

Went hard on our defensive back 7.. Dean can play AJ Klein role for a year and allows us to move off a Edmunds extension. I just dont see extending Diggs, Edmunds then Oliver to big money without long term ramifications 

Edited by BillsGuy82

Decided to jump on the bandwagon and do a couple of pff mock, only did a 3 rd though with trades for moving down:

25 CB Andrew Booth Jr Clemson
Traded 57 and 168 (5th rd) to Cincinnati for pick 63 and 95 (3rd rd) 90% chance of it likely happening and it did
63 WR John Metchie  Alabama
89 OL Kellen Diesch Arizona St (He has the potential to be a Guard as his arms are shorter for Tackle and has ability to play outside at some point if need be)
95 CB Zyon McCullum Sam Houston St

Decided to do an all out one to see what would happen and its out there but not hating it:

traded 25 and 2023 #1 for pick 7 with Giants
7 CB Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner Cincinnati
took pick 57, 130, and 203 to get to 47 with Washington
47 RB Breece Hall Iowa St, adds the speed dynamic we are looking for as well as a compliment for singletary and bills able to move on from singletary in FA
89 OL Kellen Diesch Arizona St (Like above we need oline help and him being able to play guard and tackle may benefit us in the future and compete at RG)
168 WR Kevin Austin Jr ND
185 P Matt Ariaza San Diego ST
231 QB D'Eriq King UM (while he is a qb he also played wr and can be a kick returner gives Dorsey a Taysom Hill type gadget)