DC Movie Universe

devils1854

I'm sorry, but all of this support for DC failures is driving me nuts right now.  Particularly the support for Leto's Joker. 

They seriously need to STFU about it.  Let's Joker was terrible.  Terrible. 

Saying that it was editing, cut scenes, studio interference, etc... STFU.  Leto was terrible. 

1. He had a ****ing forehead tattoo. 
2. He had a ****ing smile tattoo the way college girls get a mustache tattoo and put it up to their face for an Instagram picture.
3. He was a gangland pimp who used unhinged bravado to intimidate.
4. He had ****ing grills. 
5. His laugh was terrible.  It was like a dork with a speech impediment trying to do a Joker laugh in his basement on a hand recorder.

Unless the cut footage reveals Joker wiped off his "damaged" tattoo and all his other tattoos and was just pretending to be an emo wannabe gangster in order to appeal to emo wannabe gangsters, it was a terrible depiction of Joker. 

It should not be celebrated.  It should not be defended.  It should forever be a mark of humility for Leto and everyone involved in that movie that sometimes your crazy shower thought ideas or weird dreams actually suck and are only good ideas in dreams and in the shower and as soon as you're awake and fully clothed you should just forget it and take a while to refocus your creative energy to something that sounds good while fully awake. 

• Like 4

Yeah, the Snyder Cut is one thing but ranting about the Ayer cut is too far. Leto's Joker had a horrendous look and the character was even worse. There is no reason to see more of him...ever.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm sorry, but all of this support for DC failures is driving me nuts right now.  Particularly the support for Leto's Joker. 

Saying that it was editing, cut scenes, studio interference, etc... STFU.  Leto was terrible. 

2. He had a ****ing smile tattoo the way college girls get a mustache tattoo and put it up to their face for an Instagram picture.
5. His laugh was terrible.  It was like a dork with a speech impediment trying to do a Joker laugh in his basement on a hand recorder.

Unless the cut footage reveals Joker wiped off his "damaged" tattoo and all his other tattoos and was just pretending to be an emo wannabe gangster in order to appeal to emo wannabe gangsters, it was a terrible depiction of Joker. 

It should not be celebrated.  It should not be defended.  It should forever be a mark of humility for Leto and everyone involved in that movie that sometimes your crazy shower thought ideas or weird dreams actually suck and are only good ideas in dreams and in the shower and as soon as you're awake and fully clothed you should just forget it and take a while to refocus your creative energy to something that sounds good while fully awake. 

d47f12b9bc3e0f92a6705d54d8965bd561e32a4b

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What did I miss? I saw Snyder responded to someone saying he liked Leto in the role (you can't exactly blame a director for not throwing an actor under the bus), but was there more?

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

What did I miss? I saw Snyder responded to someone saying he liked Leto in the role (you can't exactly blame a director for not throwing an actor under the bus), but was there more?

Ayer seemed to be blaming scene cuts.  As if more of the forehead tattoo would make things better.

I just remember I got ripped to shreds here for HATING the way he looked and people tried to defend it.  It was a **** depiction from the SECOND they decided to tat him up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Ayer seemed to be blaming scene cuts.  As if more of the forehead tattoo would make things better.

To his credit Ayer has been saying this since before the movie was even released. That his vision was uprooted and turned into whatever the music video style that they threw on top of his original Trailer (the neon and spray painted stuff)

Now, the Leto Joker was really bad, because he was bad (which was also obvious from the horror stories that were reported from the set). But much like the Snyder Cut boys have been clamoring for years, I bet there was also a much more coherent movie from the original cut of Suicide Squad. But like Ive been saying about the SC, that doesnt make it a better movie.

The one thing I could never shake about SS was that it never seemed like we got anything close to the original idea. Not saying they filmed anything different than what we got, but like the studio got to the script even before that. The final showdown never made any sense, the big bad of Incubus (plus the Midway monsters) just seemed tacked on so we could have some fight scenes. And it always felt like Leto's Joker was shoved in because someone who kinda knew about comics was like "if we have Harley Quinn, then we have to have the Joker in there" and some old fart realized "yea, the Joker makes money. Lets add some random stuff with Batman too, kids love Batman"

It should have been much smaller, a Heist Film crossed with Battle Royale that has Amanda Waller as the true "villain", using this group to get her hands on things that the real Special Forces wouldnt do, because they would be against those missions

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I really wish HBO just did its own DCEU and not try to tie to the movies, so this is upsetting. 

They are trying to compete with Disney+ it seems. The Reeves flick is supposed to be new and separate from all other fair, so maybe this kicks off a competent connected universe. 

On 7/6/2020 at 3:50 PM, Outpost31 said:

I just remember I got ripped to shreds here for HATING the way he looked and people tried to defend it.  It was a **** depiction from the SECOND they decided to tat him up.

Most people didnt like the way Leto looked, so I doubt you got "ripped to shreds".

• Like 3

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Most people didnt like the way Leto looked, so I doubt you got "ripped to shreds".

Lol.  I was hoping you would say that.  Do these words sound familiar to you:

Its amazing.

People are able to tell Batman v Superman is going to suck based on one trailer, and know this Joker isnt good enough based on a single picture where Leto likely isnt even in his actual full makeup.

Wish I had that ability.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=554277&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=195

Wait....so youre saying...you hate it?

Just wanted to be clear.

Not sure you could possibly overreact any more to a single picture that isnt even confirmed as the finished version of the on screen Joker.

If you dont like it...thats perfectly okay....but good lord, at least wait until you see what he looks like on screen before going off the deep end.

You're one of the ones who gave me the most **** for it. 

Early on, I guess I was wrong about what I assumed was a staple of The Joker and hoe he got his smile, but I still hated it, still couldn't get over the tattoos, the smile tattoo more damning than the "damaged" tattoo.  And I was proven 100% correct in the scene where he used his ****ing arm tattoo or whatever he did to put it over his mouth to smile like some Goddamn emo hippie girl. 

But I forgive you.  I think you were just in disbelief at the time.  You wanted to like where they were heading.  I remember vividly you and I got into a bunch of squabbles over DC.  You clung to it being good for a long time and I have to give you props since it's clear you are a very big fan of DC, and it must have been hard for you.  Like slowly watching your son turn into one of those people who get off to My Fair Pony cartoons or whatever that is. 

Starts with disbelief, then trying to think it's alright, then trying to convince yourself it's a good thing, then the sudden realization that your son is ****ing a stuffed animal. 

Edited by Outpost31

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  I was hoping you would say that.  Do these words sound familiar to you:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=554277&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=195

You're one of the ones who gave me the most **** for it. 

Early on, I guess I was wrong about what I assumed was a staple of The Joker and hoe he got his smile, but I still hated it, still couldn't get over the tattoos, the smile tattoo more damning than the "damaged" tattoo.  And I was proven 100% correct in the scene where he used his ****ing arm tattoo or whatever he did to put it over his mouth to smile like some Goddamn emo hippie girl. 

But I forgive you.  I think you were just in disbelief at the time.  You wanted to like where they were heading.  I remember vividly you and I got into a bunch of squabbles over DC.  You clung to it being good for a long time and I have to give you props since it's clear you are a very big fan of DC, and it must have been hard for you.  Like slowly watching your son turn into one of those people who get off to My Fair Pony cartoons or whatever that is. 

Starts with disbelief, then trying to think it's alright, then trying to convince yourself it's a good thing, then the sudden realization that your son is ****ing a stuffed animal. 

Where were you "ripped to shreds"?  xD   Still waiting for you to show us where that happened.  We both know you can't, so lets move on...

Its funny how you cherry picked my posts so you could purposefully frame them out of context.  How convenient you left out the post where I said the Damaged tattoo was really stupid.  

If you actually took a minute to read what I was saying, you wouldve noticed my comments were about waiting to see the final product on screen.  Obviously, it ended up sucking, but we didn't know at that point.

I will concede that, at that point, I was still trying to be optimistic about their plans for the DCEU, but it was admittedly misplaced optimism. 

Edited by FourThreeMafia