DC Movie Universe

devils1854

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Ray Fisher and Jason Momoa are seemingly trying to burn WB down.

I don't understand what Ray Fisher is complaining about.  From what I've gathered, he's been complaining about not having any creative control over his character.

Why would he?  Who is he?  He had literally TWO acting credits before being cast as a superhero in a major blockbuster adaptation.  TWO. 

Why in the hell should he have any kind of creative control? 

Considering he has had exactly ONE acting credit since Justice League, I'm more likely to believe WB's side of the story and not his.  I'm sure WB sucks, but I'm not sure Ray Fisher really has any reason to complain about not receiving any creative control. 

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't understand what Ray Fisher is complaining about.  From what I've gathered, he's been complaining about not having any creative control over his character.

Why would he?  Who is he?  He had literally TWO acting credits before being cast as a superhero in a major blockbuster adaptation.  TWO. 

Why in the hell should he have any kind of creative control? 

Considering he has had exactly ONE acting credit since Justice League, I'm more likely to believe WB's side of the story and not his.  I'm sure WB sucks, but I'm not sure Ray Fisher really has any reason to complain about not receiving any creative control. 

I thought it was over the Whedon mistreatment stuff.

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Ray Fisher and Jason Momoa are seemingly trying to burn WB down.

Not in any way trying to come off as a jerk here, but has anyone even said what they are claiming to have happened?

Ive only followed this loosely, but all Ive ever seen is Ray claims he was "mistreated" on reshoots... I mean that could literally be anything.

So I guess until I hear some actual claims, I cant find any outrage for this 

30 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I thought it was over the Whedon mistreatment stuff.

Yea but what exactly is that? Was he overtly racist? Was he trying to tank a young actors career because of some thing petty? Because yea those would be a big deal and cant be tolerated

But if he was just a jerk, and didnt give the time of day to a young actor who thinks pretty highly of himself after like a role and a half? Then thats just how business works. Literally any business in the world, thats how the power dynamic works. 

I believe that Ray felt mistreated, that he didnt have a good experience, dont think anyone is questioning that. But without anyone saying what actually happened, no one is going to feel sorry for him because Hollywood is a tough business, even after you take out all the scummy parts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea but what exactly is that? Was he overtly racist? Was he trying to tank a young actors career because of some thing petty? Because yea those would be a big deal and cant be tolerated

But if he was just a jerk, and didnt give the time of day to a young actor who thinks pretty highly of himself after like a role and a half? Then thats just how business works. Literally any business in the world, thats how the power dynamic works. 

I believe that Ray felt mistreated, that he didnt have a good experience, dont think anyone is questioning that. But without anyone saying what actually happened, no one is going to feel sorry for him because Hollywood is a tough business, even after you take out all the scummy parts.

The only specifics I remember was Whedon treated Gal horribly, one incident being he allegedly locked her in a room until she'd do a scene where Flash was on top of her.

35 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The only specifics I remember was Whedon treated Gal horribly, one incident being he allegedly locked her in a room until she'd do a scene where Flash was on top of her.

Never saw the "locked in a room part", because wasnt it reported that he shot that scene with a body double because Gal wouldnt do it?

I know Kevin Smith told his second (or third) hand tale of Joss bad mouthing the Snyder version on set, which rubbed alot of people the wrong way because they all worked on that version. Which sure makes him a jerk, and its unprofessional, but if thats what this is all about, they wont be getting any sympathy from anyone other than the Snyder Fans.

Im just saying, if it wasnt bad enough to walk off the set right then and there, from all of them (or atleast Ray/Jason/Gal who these have been about) then it wasnt that bad, or all that different than any other major movie set. Sure that sounds a bit of an extreme reaction, but he is the secondary director, and Im pretty sure WB would listen to Momoa, or for sure Gadot if they had an issue.

It being a "WB" thing surely didnt hurt Mamoa enough to pass on Dune...

Edited by StLunatic88

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Never saw the "locked in a room part", because wasnt it reported that he shot that scene with a body double because Gal wouldnt do it?

I know Kevin Smith told his second (or third) hand tale of Joss bad mouthing the Snyder version on set, which rubbed alot of people the wrong way because they all worked on that version. Which sure makes him a jerk, and its unprofessional, but if thats what this is all about, they wont be getting any sympathy from anyone other than the Snyder Fans.

Im just saying, if it wasnt bad enough to walk off the set right then and there, from all of them (or atleast Ray/Jason/Gal who these have been about) then it wasnt that bad, or all that different than any other major movie set. Sure that sounds a bit of an extreme reaction, but he is the secondary director, and Im pretty sure WB would listen to Momoa, or for sure Gadot if they had an issue.

It being a "WB" thing surely didnt hurt Mamoa enough to pass on Dune...

I haven't been following this all that closely but I know for a fact I read locked in a room was pointed out by multiple sources. I don't know if it's true or not but you wanted specifics so I gave you some. I haven't heard anything about Ray complaining about specific mistreatment of himself.

I haven't seen anything specific about his complaints. Fisher claims it's because he can't say anything publicly right now because of potential legal issues.

Fisher also has receipts showing WB isn't exactly using an impartial law firm to conduct the investigation.

Mamoa going off on Instagram is what surprised me most. He has a lot to lose by supporting Fisher if Fisher turns out to be exaggerating. He is one of WB's biggest stars and could ruin his relationship with them over this.

It's hard to gauge exactly how credible Fisher is, but he's putting his entire career on the line after 1 role because he believes in it so much. For his sake he better not come off as a baby just throwing a fit because Whedon wasn't super nice.

22 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I haven't seen anything specific about his complaints. Fisher claims it's because he can't say anything publicly right now because of potential legal issues.

Fisher also has receipts showing WB isn't exactly using an impartial law firm to conduct the investigation.

Mamoa going off on Instagram is what surprised me most. He has a lot to lose by supporting Fisher if Fisher turns out to be exaggerating. He is one of WB's biggest stars and could ruin his relationship with them over this.

It's hard to gauge exactly how credible Fisher is, but he's putting his entire career on the line after 1 role because he believes in it so much. For his sake he better not come off as a baby just throwing a fit because Whedon wasn't super nice.

"entire career" man has 3 acting roles.

Whedon being a POS is old news at this point. 

Mamoa is like the one actor from JL who WB can't just murder by putting in bad movies for the rest of their career given he's a pretty big star for them. (Poor Ezra Miller)

1 hour ago, 43M said:

While we are trashing WB, why havent they fired psycho skank Amber Heard yet?  Seriously....she is a scumbag human and mediocre actress at best.   Wouldn't be hard to replace.

It would not look good if they made any decisions now before her and Depp's cases are settled. It would look like they are "siding with the man" before the court has made a decision or a settlement is reached.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

While we are trashing WB, why havent they fired psycho skank Amber Heard yet?  Seriously....she is a scumbag human and mediocre actress at best.   Wouldn't be hard to replace.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh, have you read some of the things Depp did to her?

Neither one is a good person, but if I'm picking a side I'm not picking Depp's. 

3 hours ago, 43M said:

Most likely just waiting for the whole case to be finished

Also wouldnt psycho sufficed? It accurately describes what happened. Skank seems just hateful at this point