DC Movie Universe

devils1854

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

100% the Snyder cut is better than the theatrical release, but mostly because it had 4 hours to tell a story as opposed to a little over 2.  If Snyder had to cut that down to even a 3 hour theatrical release, I think it falls apart, and even the 4 hour version I would call average and still have MoS and WW above it. Possibly Shazam and Aquaman as well, but there is at least a discussion there.

I completely agree.   Thats why I scratch my head now that so many people want Snyder back.    He still isnt a good director.   He is a slightly more sophisticated and artsy version of Michael Bay.

IMO....

1.   Man of Steel

2.  Shazam

3.  Aquaman

4.  Snyder Cut JL

5.  Wonder Woman

6.  Suicide Squad

7.  BvS (I "enjoy" this more than Suicide Squad, but it butchered the entire DCEU moving forward)

8. Harley Quinn/BoP....whatever.

9.  Josstice League

10.  Wonder Woman 84 (as much I loathed the Whedon JL, WW84 was one of the most embarrassing pieces of trash Ive ever seen.   Seriously....like, Halle Barry Catwoman bad.)

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Acgott said:

She was fine in In the Heights, but probably the most boring part. Though that’s not really the best conditions to judge an actor. I can see her fitting in what most modern renditions of the character.

Was hoping for a little better for Barbara, hopefully it doesn’t feel like it was made for streaming. Plenty of stuff hasn’t but this will  probably need a much bigger budget.

13 hours ago, Kiltman said:

She was fine in In the Heights, but probably the most boring part. Though that’s not really the best conditions to judge an actor. I can see her fitting in what most modern renditions of the character.

Was hoping for a little better for Barbara, hopefully it doesn’t feel like it was made for streaming. Plenty of stuff hasn’t but this will  probably need a much bigger budget.

It will flop.  Of this I have little doubt.

23 hours ago, 43M said:

It will flop.  Of this I have little doubt.

Will be hard to gauge if it's just streaming, but definitely the default thinking with how WB handles DC.

The directors did a solid job making that last Bad Boys better than I thought it'd be, solid action and fun.
And the writer did way better with Bumblebee than I think anyone would've thought, added a lot of heart to it... she also wrote The new flash movie which sounds like it'll be fun. So at least creatively I can see it working.

But it's again just an odd thing DC does where there is like no build up, like will she be on her own the whole time?
Will there only be vague references to Batman?  

2 hours ago, OhioG said:

So the new suicide squad movie has high reviews on rotten tomatoes 96% with 137 critic reviews 

DC needed this

Lol. Wrong.

DC needed three consecutive major flops so they can start this over.

Their current business model is not sustainable.

1/6 hits is just going to maintain the status quo and they will never gain a true DC Universe.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OhioG said:

So the new suicide squad movie has high reviews on rotten tomatoes 96% with 137 critic reviews 

DC needed this

Im not saying it wont be good, but "pro" critic reviews are about as meaningful as award shows anymore.   

And as @Outpost31 stated, this is ONE movie.    DC has already had individual hits a few times with movies like Joker, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and I suppose even Snyder Cut JL.    The issue is, sandwiched between most of these is a turd or two.

For every James Gunn Suicide Squad, there is a David Ayer Suicide Squad.

For every Snyder Justice League, there is a Whedon Justice League.

For every Wonder Woman, there is a Wonder Woman 84.

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Perfect casting. Been a while since DC has had that.

I dont even remember a "perfect casting" from DC....at least on paper.   There are guys that TURNED OUT to be nearly perfect castings like Heath Ledger and Cillian Murphy, but not many that people were like "thats perfect" from the get go.

I thought Cavill had the perfect look for Superman, and still do.   That's likely the closest in the DCEU.    There hasnt been a casting as perfect as RDJ as Tony Stark or JK Simmons as Jonah Jameson, though.