DC Movie Universe

devils1854

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Why?  Why that movie?  Why adapt it over so many other (and what I think better) options?  Why the timing?

I just...I don't know anymore.

They are clueless. 

Im just going to go back to watching the Batman and Justice League animated series and dream about what couldve been if the studio heads at WB werent complete morons. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

They are clueless. 

Im just going to go back to watching the Batman and Justice League animated series and dream about what couldve been if the studio heads at WB werent complete morons. 

Superman as well (though it's not on the level of those 2).  Justice League is still one of my favorite TV shows ever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

They are even starting to lose it with their animated division. The R rated Killing Joke was such a flop

Ehh, that was almost a complete vanity project outside of their normal Animated system. I wouldnt hold that against them. Assalt on Arkham and others were still very good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ehh, that was almost a complete vanity project outside of their normal Animated system. I wouldnt hold that against them. Assalt on Arkham and others were still very good

Out of their normal rotation or not, they made it, therefore it gets held against. Assault on Arkham was 4 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Out of their normal rotation or not, they made it, therefore it gets held against. Assault on Arkham was 4 years ago. 

The Killing Joke was two years ago. They've made 4 animated movies since then, with a 5th coming soon. I'm not sure I'd say that was them "starting to lose it" when it's not exactly recent in the grand scheme of things either. I haven't seen all of the 4 since then, but unless they were bad too I wouldn't call it a trend or anything. Just one big misstep, with really just a third or half of that movie anyway. The actual content they adapted straight from the comic was fine.

14 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Why?  Why that movie?  Why adapt it over so many other (and what I think better) options?  Why the timing?

I just...I don't know anymore.

I'm assuming they want to get deeper into the lore around Apokolips, Darkseid, etc., before going back to that in a future League movie. It's a dumb idea, but I assume that's the idea.

12 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

The Killing Joke was two years ago. They've made 4 animated movies since then, with a 5th coming soon. I'm not sure I'd say that was them "starting to lose it" when it's not exactly recent in the grand scheme of things either. I haven't seen all of the 4 since then, but unless they were bad too I wouldn't call it a trend or anything. Just one big misstep, with really just a third or half of that movie anyway. The actual content they adapted straight from the comic was fine.

Batman and Harley Quinn was terrible. 

Judas Contract and Justice League Dark were both good. Holding out hope for Gotham by Gaslight but haven't seen it yet.

8 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Just watched Justice League, I really want to like these movies but that was bad

Yeah.

I am someone who has been pretty lenient on past films, and the entire Justice League movie felt off.   I thought getting rid of Goyer would fix some dialogue issues but it was still terrible.    The aesthetic of the entire movie just turned me off.

I honestly think the movie wouldve been better if they just stuck with the Zach Snyder cut.   Granted, Ive never seen it and apparently the studio hated it.....but it honestly felt like the two styles (Snyder's and Whedon's) clashed within the movie.

Beyond that, everything was crazy rushed.     Two movies where they felt the need to cram everything into it.    They didnt need a solo movie for every character before JL, but a Flash movie wouldve helped alot,    And they couldve made Justice League go on an extra 20 minutes and fleshed out Cyborg more.

*sigh*.   Im seriously sad about this.     I love the DC characters and the universe.   But WB just doesnt have the intelligence or the care for the brand to make the most of it.    They just want to toss it on screen as fast as possible and make some quick money....instead of being patient and smart with it and earning boatloads of it. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-justice-league-knightmare-plan/

I wish Warner Bros would had let Snyder tell his story arc. I know many people hate the darker side for such beloved characters but if the story arc would of been left alone to be told i believe it would of been a much needed different take on the superhero genre. I would of loved to seen it play out.