DC Movie Universe

devils1854

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-justice-league-knightmare-plan/

I wish Warner Bros would had let Snyder tell his story arc. I know many people hate the darker side for such beloved characters but if the story arc would of been left alone to be told i believe it would of been a much needed different take on the superhero genre. I would of loved to seen it play out.

I agree with everything here except for Snyder.  Snyder is awful.  DC has all the perfect characters to make an extremely dark and satisfying extended universe and they decide to make Joker prequels and Shazam instead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

If Snyder's vision was able to play out in the 5 movie arc for Superman like he had intended i believe it would of been amazing. 

It surprises me that most of you still think he had this overarching plan for Superman. He wanted to make a Batman film, Superman was the consolation prize, and he leveraged it to get to Batman.

Ive been a soldier for the DCEU, but nearly everything Snyder gave us was at best sub-par. I would love for him to have been the one to direct all of the action/fight scenes, but he butchered the character side, you know the stuff that keeps these universes going.

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

It surprises me that most of you still think he had this overarching plan for Superman. He wanted to make a Batman film, Superman was the consolation prize, and he leveraged it to get to Batman.

Ive been a soldier for the DCEU, but nearly everything Snyder gave us was at best sub-par. I would love for him to have been the one to direct all of the action/fight scenes, but he butchered the character side, you know the stuff that keeps these universes going.

https://geektyrant.com/news/zack-snyder-originally-had-a-five-film-story-arc-planned-for-superman

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/zack-snyder-dceu-plan-superman-justice-league-trilogy/amp/

2 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Yea, Ive read both of those, but im sorry some supposed long story boarding doesnt mean he actually had this massive 5 movie "Superman" arc. And the tweets from Oliva prove my point, Snyder was always trying to use Superman to get to Batman, he already had inserted him in, rather than the BS story that has been told that they "didnt know what to do for MOS2, and someone brought up batman" (its been told in Hall H). Not to mention giving the same director 5 straight films is a TERRIBLE idea

And youre gonna try and question me if I "saw the films for what they were"? Try again, I have been one of the few Huge Supporters of the DC films on this board. But the "Snyder Cut" cries are absolute garbage. If you want to go with some off handed tweets and unconfirmed reports, what Snyder had done for Justice League was a steaming pile, and completely incoherent

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, Ive read both of those, but im sorry some supposed long story boarding doesnt mean he actually had this massive 5 movie "Superman" arc. And the tweets from Oliva prove my point, Snyder was always trying to use Superman to get to Batman, he already had inserted him in, rather than the BS story that has been told that they "didnt know what to do for MOS2, and someone brought up batman" (its been told in Hall H). Not to mention giving the same director 5 straight films is a TERRIBLE idea

And youre gonna try and question me if I "saw the films for what they were"? Try again, I have been one of the few Huge Supporters of the DC films on this board. But the "Snyder Cut" cries are absolute garbage. If you want to go with some off handed tweets and unconfirmed reports, what Snyder had done for Justice League was a steaming pile, and completely incoherent

Snyder even confirmed some of the easter eggs he planted in BvS and in Justice League. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-justice-league-2-connections-zack-snyder/amp/

https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-justice-league-knightmare-plan/3/

In my opinion its all there if you can connect the dots

I didnt hate Snyder like the majority seemed to, and I enjoyed Man of Steel and BvS more than I enjoyed Justice League......but I dont think Snyder did a great job.     His movies always have issues with pacing and tone, and both BvS and MoS had those issues.      The dialogue in both were pretty awful. but I wont blame him for that.      His movies just completely lacked the fun that IMO needs to be in these movies.   I enjoy darker tones/stories, but he made Superman into a mopey, depressing character as opposed to the hope-inspiring, feel good character he should be.    NOT CAMPY like the Reeve version, but closer to the version in the Superman Animated Series, which was lighthearted but also integrated in some darker stories/tones, such as...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0pcChyV6o4

I still maintain that Snyder wasnt the biggest issue.     The studio heads at DC are among the most clueless in the industry IMO.     Outside of Batman 89 and the Dark Knight Trilogy, they have a long history of botching live-action superhero movies with terrible decisions....and that trend is going strong today, with and without Snyder. 

I agree Snyder's vision wasnt perfect an had its flaws. I just wish the execs would had let him tell his story like how he had intended. He tried to humanize Superman too much if that makes any sense. The personal inner battle he was dealing with. By JL2 i believe the fans would have started to see the Superman they grew to love. Another downfall to his vision was that the WB execs i believe were looking for the MCU formula in being overly fun. Ive always seen DC as being darker than Marvel which is what he was aiming for and delivered. Everyone was hoping for MCU v2.0 if thats what the execs were looking for then hiring Snyder was their mistake. 

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

You can never trust tweets like that.  Those same people tweeted that BvS got a standing ovation and Wonder Woman was a mess.

I like Snyder.  I loved Man of Steel, and the Ultimate Cut of BvS was actually solid (though nothing special, certainly a huge step up from the theatrical cut), and I would have liked to see his vision play out.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You can never trust tweets like that.  Those same people tweeted that BvS got a standing ovation and Wonder Woman was a mess.

I agree with you, but if you are going to bring in Oliva's tweets as proof (what most of these articles are founded on) that was a story from so long ago that they were still using Nolan's Batman, then all the reports of how bad the "Snyder cut" of JL was become just as valid.

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I like Snyder.  I loved Man of Steel, and the Ultimate Cut of BvS was actually solid (though nothing special, certainly a huge step up from the theatrical cut), and I would have liked to see his vision play out.

I defended Snyder for 2 films, Love MOS, really likes 3/4 of BvS but he was losing his handle on what he was trying to do. Had he been in the Fiege role for the DCEU, and thats where he was implementing this 5 Film arc, then sure I would defend it all day. But you cant really believe that the Same director for 5 films (basically 3 or 4 different yet connected properties) is a good idea in today's Hollywood?

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1