DC Movie Universe

devils1854

22 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

3 or 4 different yet connected properties?? You mean Superman, Batman and Justice League??

Yes, likely only 3, but in that 5 film plan, Film #5 has never been called out. Probably JL3 or MOS2, but who knows

And I say 3, not 2, because BvS is a Batman film, and Im not sure Snyder was ever going to do another DC movie without Batman in it.

24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yes, likely only 3, but in that 5 film plan, Film #5 has never been called out. Probably JL3 or MOS2, but who knows

And I say 3, not 2, because BvS is a Batman film, and Im not sure Snyder was ever going to do another DC movie without Batman in it.

More than likely MoS2 to end Supermans arc.

While i kinda agree that BvS was a Batman film it was also a Superman film. And this is my speculation that Batman had a 3 movie arc within the same 5 movie arc of Superman. They both had their own inner conflicts that they needed to sort out. Batman's arc i believe would have came to an end in JL2 when he would of sacrificed himself to save Superman as i read in those articles i posted. Which then would have made Superman into the beloved character we all remember. MAN (Batman) sacrificing himself for a God (Superman) which in turn would of restored his faith in humanity. 

It may be a lot to take in an it may be wishful thinking but judging from the first 3 films thats how i believed Snyder meant for it to play out.

If MoS had better dialogue, I would enjoy it alot more.   I still like it.   First time I watched it loved it.   After watching it multiple times, the terrible dialogue really stuck out.   Overall, it was a decent start to the new DCEU, but needed a strong follow up, which it didnt get.

BvS had more issues, even though I enjoyed parts.  My idea for BvS (while retaining elements of the actual movie) was having John Corbin, a Navy SEAL, being gravely injured in the Superman/Zod fight and his family is killed.    Lex Luthor (played by someone else) rebuilds much of Corbin's body with Kryptonian metal and given a Kryptonite heart, this making him Metallo.      Lex initially tries to befriend Superman, but after realizing Superman wont join him, Lex Luthor convinces Batman (Bruce Wayne was in Metropolis when it happened like in the movie) to help him capture Superman.       Batman and Superman eventually battle, but Metallo shows up and attempts to kill Superman, but Batman stops him, and then Metallo tries to kill Batman, but Superman stops him.       They eventually talk and realize Lex is trying to manipulate them, but then Lex's men capture Superman with Kryptonite weapons.    Batman saves Superman from a LexCorps facility and they confront Lex.     Metallo shows up and they battle....but Batman informs Metallo that his family is still alive and Metallo turns on Lex, but Superman stops Metallo.       Superman and Batman tell Lex they will be watching him.   THATS IT....no other Justice Leaguers in the movie

Suicide Squad shouldve never happened....at least not yet.

Wonder Woman couldve stayed largely the same     Have a post credit scene in present day where Bruce Wayne shows up and says he is putting together a team, and have it cut off there.

Green Lantern, or MoS2 would happen next and plant the seeds of Brainiac.....which would lead into Justice League where they obviously take on Brainiac.     They needed a stronger antagonist for the first JL than Steppenwolf.

Sorry to go off on that rant.   Just annoyed that they cant get my favorite characters right with a cohesive narrative to hold the universe together.    Its not as hard as they make it seem.

• Like 1

Saw Justice League for the first time myself as well. After seeing Infinity War, and putting this off for months, I wasn't expecting much. Some of the CGI was worse than I thought it would be. Especially the issue with Superman. The movie wasn't horrible, horrible. Better than Batman/Superman, but that's not saying much. DC has just unnecessarily rushed everything. What I said a while ago is that they should have had a standalone Batman, and Wonder Woman film after Man of Steel. Then they all meet in a group film. Just the three of them. Simple. Trinity could work. Don't have to rush other heroes in just to catch up with Marvel.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Re-watched BvS and MOS this past week and it's just like.....why.

With Shazam, Aquaman, WW2 in development at least 2/3 of those should be good with one of Shazam/Aquaman being either medicore or terrible. 

I think, if nothing else, Aquaman will be entertaining.   Not saying it will be a great movie, but should be fun.

Doing Shazam right now is beyond stupid.     Just like Suicide Squad was.   Those are movies you do once you gain the MASS audiences trust and interest....something the current DCEU doesnt have.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

Just came back from Infinity War.

I think DC just needs to pack it in for a few years

Regardless of Infinity War, they should do that.

As stated, they have rushed everything so much and made so many bad decisions, Im not sure how salvagable the current DCEU is.

IMO they should just finish Shazam and Aquaman and then cut their losses and reboot the entire DCEU with Matt Reeves Batman.     Will that happen?   Hell no....but thats what they SHOULD do.   Well, pending they find the right person to guide the DCEU ala Kevin Feige with Marvel.    If not, then dont even bother....stick to animated features. 

A 5 story arc that told a darker story around Superman could work, but I still don't think Snyder would have made it work.  He just isn't that good of a director.  Great visuals, but there is so much more to directing than that.  I don't think the "Snyder cut" would be that much better, but I do think it would be better as it would be a singular vision and not the mish mash of Wheddon and the studio interfering.  I don't know why studio's interfere, it almost universally back fires it seems.

Anyone think DC bringing in Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam is going to help? I mean, I'll probably go see it in theaters just because he brings is own kind of entertainment value and i know at the very least I'll be amused. And a chance to see Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam fight superman will certainly bring some people to the theaters I'd imagine  

On 4/29/2018 at 6:35 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Regardless of Infinity War, they should do that.

As stated, they have rushed everything so much and made so many bad decisions, Im not sure how salvagable the current DCEU is.

IMO they should just finish Shazam and Aquaman and then cut their losses and reboot the entire DCEU with Matt Reeves Batman.     Will that happen?   Hell no....but thats what they SHOULD do.   Well, pending they find the right person to guide the DCEU ala Kevin Feige with Marvel.    If not, then dont even bother....stick to animated features. 

The problem I see is there really is nothing they can do with stopping they couldn't just accomplish by making better films. Like we finally just got to a point where Cavill's Superman makes sense, we have a good Wonder Woman, everyone's fine with Batman. The biggest problems I see are Joker and Luthor. And you can kind of ignore them until you can recast. I mean I guess Doomsday is messed up, but he's a one off. Steppenwolf is basically a D level villain, he wasn't important. 

They just need to make better films. It sucks that they get their *** beat by Marvel, but that's on them for not knowing how to put a film together. Time won't fix that. Starting over won't either. There's nothing pertinent going on that breaks the universe. It's the quality.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

The problem I see is there really is nothing they can do with stopping they couldn't just accomplish by making better films. Like we finally just got to a point where Cavill's Superman makes sense, we have a good Wonder Woman, everyone's fine with Batman. The biggest problems I see are Joker and Luthor. And you can kind of ignore them until you can recast. I mean I guess Doomsday is messed up, but he's a one off. Steppenwolf is basically a D level villain, he wasn't important. 

They just need to make better films. It sucks that they get their *** beat by Marvel, but that's on them for not knowing how to put a film together. Time won't fix that. Starting over won't either. There's nothing pertinent going on that breaks the universe. It's the quality.

Sure, but the quality isn't going to improve until they go back to the drawing board about their approach.    There's a LOT that needs changing - but one key is that they are doing it backwards right now.  It's no coincidence that Nolan's Batman was supremely successful because it rebooted the character, then expanded the story, and completed the story.  

DC doesn't need to do a trilogy for each character - but you have to make the viewership that's not hardcore care about the characters first, before thinking about how to create the mega blockbuster hero movies.   Wonder Woman's origin piece is what made her a megastar in Justice League.  Yes, they introduced her in BvS, but it was just a teaser for ONE character.     JL was a conceptual disaster because they tried to introduce 3 characters and a Black Hat.  Yes, the writing / direction were awful.   But conceptually, there should have been only 2 new characters to focus on - Cyborg (since he was the key there) and Steppenwolf.   You get origin pieces ahead of time for Aquaman and Flash, you don't need to devote so much time to them.    Which means you can deliver a better overall story, and more time to Cyborg & Big Bad.   DC's plans to do multiple origin pieces after JL, though, just ensured that JL was doomed to fail.    The cart before the horse, man.

The kicker, though - it takes a giant leap of faith to standalone movies.  And as you said, start doing them well, for chrissakes.   Still, we know it can be done.   Nolan's Batman, Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman.   Please, no Zach Snyder.   Joss Whedon, Jenkins, whoever, show them the love (i.e. show them the $, and give them full creative control, and pair them with actual good writers who sync up).

There's more they need to do, but the conceptual movie plan needs to start from scratch, and make the general public care about the characters before doing bloated ensemble pieces.   But yeah, also, get actual decent writing and direction.   DC's choices have really, really sucked hard.

EDIT:  I say all the above as someone who read Batman comics and Spiderman/X-Men comics, but not religiously.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

At this point their best bet is Flashpoint. I dont care if they straight up copy the animated movie. It would probably be better than the crap they keep coming up with. They can ret-con some stuff. Plus its tailor made for the big screen

I honestly cant think of anything they can do at this point.

Maybe just do movies with team ups.

A Flashpoint movie (B, S, F, WW, C, A)

A Darkseid movie where the Trinity (B,S,WW) ends up on Apocalypse where they barely get away at the end after getting their butts handed to them

Maybe a Flash and Green Lantern buddy cop style movie that's more humorous

On 4/28/2018 at 10:24 PM, ohiogenius said:

Just came back from Infinity War.

I think DC just needs to pack it in for a few years

I don't think they can afford too. Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill are the faces of the DC universe. Scrapping them I think would be a huge setback. And the actors will not want to sit around forever to wait for another sequel.