DC Movie Universe

devils1854

On 8/8/2018 at 12:28 PM, Outpost31 said:

What do you think about Supergirl and Birds of Prey, StLunatic88?

I think they're both going to suck.

You say every DC movie is going to suck before you even know anything about them.    

Im FAR from a fan of the direction of the current DCEU, but give it a freaking rest.   If you hate the current DCEU this much, then move on.   They arent rebooting, so if you have no intention of giving anything they do a chance,  then how about finding something you DO like, instead of just coming here to say the same things over and over.   

And no, Im not knocking on you for being critical of the DCEU.   Ive been very critical myself.....but youre so laughably predictable in your endless vitriol for the DCEU.

You hate the DCEU and every DCEU movie going forward is going to suck....we get it.  

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm hoping DC takes this opportunity and grabs Gunn to showrun a restart.  Cancel everything.  Put everything in the hands of Gunn while he's available. 

I don't think Gunn is THAT good to give him that much control.

39 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't think Gunn is THAT good to give him that much control.

Gunn had the perfect situation with GotG. It was not a well known property and was given the freedom to make it his own. The Guardians were not like that in the comics, however Gunn made it so much his own that the comics have adapted his style for GotG since. That will not be true for DC properties unless he takes on something like Booster Gold or Frankenstein (yes DC has Frankenstien's monster called Frankenstien). However to play the Snyder role? Doubt it goes well. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Gunn had the perfect situation with GotG. It was not a well known property and was given the freedom to make it his own. The Guardians were not like that in the comics, however Gunn made it so much his own that the comics have adapted his style for GotG since. That will not be true for DC properties unless he takes on something like Booster Gold or Frankenstein (yes DC has Frankenstien's monster called Frankenstien). However to play the Snyder role? Doubt it goes well. 

Yeah, and it's just a really tough thing to do. Realistically who could take on that role and definitely succeed? It's not a long list.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2018 at 8:00 PM, Calvert28 said:

If that's true then no other movies are worth it. I dare say not even WW. No point to the DCU without Superman and Cavill is the face of the current DC Universe. Might as well start over.

I know it's been pointed out it was fake, but at this point the face of this franchise is WW.  It's the only movie they've hit on, and the only one anyone is remotely excited about seeing a sequel to.

If it were me, i'd reboot with some other less known characters like Shazam, Black Adam, etc.  Add them to WW, and tie them together in a few years.  I know some would be upset about Superman, Batman, Flash, etc. not being part of the universe.  But i don't think it's required for the average movie goer.  If they're good movies, they can make any ensemble work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I know it's been pointed out it was fake, but at this point the face of this franchise is WW.  It's the only movie they've hit on, and the only one anyone is remotely excited about seeing a sequel to.

If it were me, i'd reboot with some other less known characters like Shazam, Black Adam, etc.  Add them to WW, and tie them together in a few years.  I know some would be upset about Superman, Batman, Flash, etc. not being part of the universe.  But i don't think it's required for the average movie goer.  If they're good movies, they can make any ensemble work.

But you have to have Superman and Batman. WW is big. But even the considered flop of DOJ still brought home an insane amount of money simply because of the big 3. 

You take away the biggest selling point of the universe. And it's a wash for the team movies. There is no Justice League without those 3 strictly leading the way, especially with Cavill's face.

• Like 1