DC Movie Universe

devils1854

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Agreed...but I dont know if that was his fault or how they wanted the running within the speed force to look.

I simply wasnt a fan of anything about him as Flash.  Much like Eisenberg as Lex, it felt like a square peg pounded into a round hole.  And I am someone who admitted being wrong about Affleck and Gadot, so I'm not just hating on DC.  Outside of those two, the casting has been fine IMO.

Pretty sure he's just a spaz

6 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Okay what’s the deal with this outrage over wanting to release the Snyder cut of Justice League?  I remember so many ppl hated Man of Steel and REALLY hated BvS.  They hated Snyder for them both.  So why do they want this cut?   And how does he even have a cut when he left the project and Joss Whedon had to finish the movie?

There's just a  strange and ridiculously vocal section of the fan base that believes Snyder's vision on JL was great and it was exclusively WB/Whedon that messed it up. No one actually knows that it exists or is releasable. No one actually knows that it would be any better either. But Snyder himself doesn't help matters when he keeps periodically stoking the flames by posting random concept art and stuff on social media.

Honestly, I think it's mostly just people still hoping that there's some version of Justice League out there that was going to be good.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I wouldn't call the R-rated extend cut of BvS much better received than the theatrical cut. The story does make more sense and flows better with these new scenes added (which BTW, had to be cut to avoid an R rating, including an important body-burning scene in Africa), but all of the same problems are still very much there. You can't fix Jesse Eisenberg as Lex or the convoluted "Martha" scene, those still stick out like a sore thumb.

I thought it was significantly better, but still only about a 6/10. Like you said, you can't fix Eisenberg's take on the character or the Martha moment, but a whole lot is improved. Lex's plan makes sense, Lois is given a real arc, etc.

As @Jakuvious said, I think people are just hoping Snyder's cut would be able to redeem it in some way.  Hell, I would like to see it, even though I'm fairly certain the movie would still be a mess....just a darker, slightly different mess.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

There's just a  strange and ridiculously vocal section of the fan base that believes Snyder's vision on JL was great and it was exclusively WB/Whedon that messed it up. No one actually knows that it exists or is releasable. No one actually knows that it would be any better either. But Snyder himself doesn't help matters when he keeps periodically stoking the flames by posting random concept art and stuff on social media.

Honestly, I think it's mostly just people still hoping that there's some version of Justice League out there that was going to be good.

I think the overall outline laid out for where they were going was fantastic. I don't think Snyder is a capable enough director to have actually gotten it there though.

I've been re-watching the Nolan trilogy and I don't know why, but my opinion of them has really declined.  They're still great, great, great movies and probably the best superhero movie adaptations out there, but there were a lot of little things that just make me not absolutely love them the way I used to.  Most of it is in the dialogue. 

At this point, I would be content if DC could create another fantastic Batman trilogy.  Even though they're stupid idiots for not re-starting a connected universe that doesn't suck and scrapping everything they've made sine Nolan's trilogy, I'll be satisfied if they can just do a really good Batman trilogy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I've been re-watching the Nolan trilogy and I don't know why, but my opinion of them has really declined.  They're still great, great, great movies and probably the best superhero movie adaptations out there, but there were a lot of little things that just make me not absolutely love them the way I used to.  Most of it is in the dialogue. 

At this point, I would be content if DC could create another fantastic Batman trilogy.  Even though they're stupid idiots for not re-starting a connected universe that doesn't suck and scrapping everything they've made sine Nolan's trilogy, I'll be satisfied if they can just do a really good Batman trilogy. 

The Batman voice was always one that bothered me. It seemed stupid. You've got a multi million dollar suit, you couldn't throw in a 50 dollar voice modulator so it doesn't sound like you have laryngitis?

I will say that I think from the perspective of the public, Batman Begins is a very underrated movie and Dark Knight is a pretty overrated movie that caught a massive bump due to Heath Ledger's suicide and everybody just jumping on the train that the Joker was somehow an actual portrayal of ledger's madness or some other nonsense artistic take. Iron Man and Dark Knight coming out at basically the same time I think also helped. Ironman got people jazzed for super hero movies again and was a fun ride. The Dark Knight was a darker more adult take. 

On 7/4/2019 at 10:25 AM, Outpost31 said:

While I will always watch them anytime they are on because I just love Batman, they are not the most rewatchable movies.

And honestly, Nolan doesnt make very rewatchable films. He makes great films, but most are hard to rewatch. Some because of the content and the massive scale, and others because they start to fall apart. Even Inception starts to irk me some when I go back to it... "Dream alittle Bigger Darling"

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

While I will always watch them anytime they are on because I just love Batman, they are not the most rewatchable movies.

And honestly, Nolan doesnt make very rewatchable films. He makes great films, but most are hard to rewatch. Some because of the content and the massive scale, and others because they start to fall apart. Even Inception starts to irk me some when I go back to it... "Dream alittle Bigger Darling"

What about the batman movies aren't re-watchable to you?  I've probably watched each one half a dozen times by now.

(not trying to pick a fight, just curious)

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

What about the batman movies aren't re-watchable to you?  I've probably watched each one half a dozen times by now.

(not trying to pick a fight, just curious)

I mean I did say I watch them any time they are on, which is quite alot. But its not the same level of rewatchability of like Jurassic Park or Jaws to me.

But as Outpost said, when you go back through, the dialogue really hinders alot of it.

I absolutely love Begins, i think its the best movie as a whole of the trilogy, but anytime Katie Holmes is on screen its just bad taking me out of the movie, and early on we really flirt with the over use of the montage stuff, which really comes back in Rises.

TDK has the best performance ever in a Superhero film, and that alone is worth watching, but so much of it doesnt completely click as you watch it many times over. I just dont care about the Ferry stuff anymore (really falls flat these days) and the death of Two Face is so sudden and doesnt really fit with the trilogy once Nolan decided to make the 3rd. So with that being the big 3rd act and the tacked on ending I find myself turning it off or getting distracted as soon as we get the Michael C Hall news video.

And while I actually really like the Bane performance from Hardy (it just gets the dubious duty to follow up Ledger as the Joker) I dont like Cotillard as Talia, that felt so forced and she stuck out like a sore thumb from the start.And as I said before, we get some heavy montage stuff which I think is just lazy. 

Again, I watch them all the time, I actually own the whole trilogy. But If I had to say which Batman movie is most "rewatchable" from start to finish, Its probably a toss up between the Burton movies, and maybe Begins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean I did say I watch them any time they are on, which is quite alot. But its not the same level of rewatchability of like Jurassic Park or Jaws to me.

But as Outpost said, when you go back through, the dialogue really hinders alot of it.

I absolutely love Begins, i think its the best movie as a whole of the trilogy, but anytime Katie Holmes is on screen its just bad taking me out of the movie, and early on we really flirt with the over use of the montage stuff, which really comes back in Rises.

TDK has the best performance ever in a Superhero film, and that alone is worth watching, but so much of it doesnt completely click as you watch it many times over. I just dont care about the Ferry stuff anymore (really falls flat these days) and the death of Two Face is so sudden and doesnt really fit with the trilogy once Nolan decided to make the 3rd. So with that being the big 3rd act and the tacked on ending I find myself turning it off or getting distracted as soon as we get the Michael C Hall news video.

And while I actually really like the Bane performance from Hardy (it just gets the dubious duty to follow up Ledger as the Joker) I dont like Cotillard as Talia, that felt so forced and she stuck out like a sore thumb from the start.And as I said before, we get some heavy montage stuff which I think is just lazy. 

Again, I watch them all the time, I actually own the whole trilogy. But If I had to say which Batman movie is most "rewatchable" from start to finish, Its probably a toss up between the Burton movies, and maybe Begins.

Gotcha, makes sense.  Thanks for the explanation.

Honestly, been a while now since i've rewatched them (the MCU Endgame climax sucked up all my movie time).  I own them, and next time i rewatch i'll probably be thinking about your post lol.

• Like 1

While I very much enjoy the Nolan trilogy, I feel like they get overrated, in large part due to the predecessors. 

Batman 89 was very good, but Returns was a clear step down.  Forever wasnt terrible but was primarily geared towards kids.  Batman and Robin was notoriously and comically bad.    The fact that they finally did Batman justice after over a decade earned it more positive points.

Again, I am a huge fan of Begins and TDK, and Rises was solid until the terrible 3rd act, but every movie had flaws.  Dialogue was laughable at times, some silly plot holes, and the fight scenes were pretty poorly done for the most part.  

Anyone who says those movies cant be topped are probably Nolan fanboys.  Not saying they WILL be topped...just that there is plenty of room for improvement.

• Like 1