DC Movie Universe

devils1854

14 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I certainly understand what you mean, but everything about Nolan's world was rooted in reality and much as possible.  It was just meant to represent a city where crime, drugs and corruption were rampant.

Most definitely but there are other parts of Chicago they could have filmed in.  Or even Detroit.  LoL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Most definitely but there are other parts of Chicago they could have filmed in.  Or even Detroit.  LoL

True, but I doubt they wanted a real crime to take place while shooting B|.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I certainly understand what you mean, but everything about Nolan's world was rooted in reality and much as possible.  It was just meant to represent a city where crime, drugs and corruption were rampant.

One thing negative about the entire trilogy IMO is that so much felt rushed, while certain parts dragged.  Wasnt THAT bad, but in many cases, the pacing felt off with all of the movies.

Again, I enjoyed every movie...but I definitely believe they CAN be outdone...but I dont trust that WB can pull it off now.

I think they’ve already been outdone. I understand the whole “realism” but that’s not exactly what I want in a superhero movie. I get more enjoyment out of GOTG, IW, EG, CAPWS, Avengers than I do the Batman films. But to each their own, not saying your wrong but I just don’t agree.

9 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I think they’ve already been outdone. I understand the whole “realism” but that’s not exactly what I want in a superhero movie. I get more enjoyment out of GOTG, IW, EG, CAPWS, Avengers than I do the Batman films. But to each their own, not saying your wrong but I just don’t agree.

Most likely due to the character interactions that you get when you have a group of heroes in the movie.  Solo Batman movies are limited that way, as he has no one to interact with at that level.  Every single one of the movies you listed is a team up/group movie that builds on the relationships between the characters.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Most likely due to the character interactions that you get when you have a group of heroes in the movie.  Solo Batman movies are limited that way, as he has no one to interact with at that level.  Every single one of the movies you listed is a team up/group movie that builds on the relationships between the characters.

Either way they’re still better films imo.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:59 AM, Fresh Prince said:

I was speaking of Batman films...not superhero movies overall.

There are several Marvel movies I've enjoyed more than the Dark Knight movies....but they are different types of superhero movies.  Still comparable but very different.   Nolan's Batman is just as close to a crime drama as it is to a super hero movie.   Just depends on your tastes.

Batman has always been my favorite hero and always will be.  As much as I enjoyed Nolans Batman movies, I still dont think we have seen the quintessential Batman movie... and we probably never will.

18 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I was speaking of Batman films...not superhero movies overall.

There are several Marvel movies I've enjoyed more than the Dark Knight movies....but they are different types of superhero movies.  Still comparable but very different.   Nolan's Batman is just as close to a crime drama as it is to a super hero movie.   Just depends on your tastes.

Batman has always been my favorite hero and always will be.  As much as I enjoyed Nolans Batman movies, I still dont think we have seen the quintessential Batman movie... and we probably never will.

I was really looking forward to a Affleck directed-written film. It’s a shame.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

A billboard and bus stop in San Diego for CC have ads for #ReleaseTheSnyderCut.

Not sure why people are so obsessed with it.  The movie isnt going to be much better regardless.  

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 10:18 AM, INbengalfan said:

What's sucky is Batman could have that, the best part about batman is his supporting cast and we only ever get Alfred and a mediocre Robin attempt. 

On 7/8/2019 at 10:58 AM, StLunatic88 said:

I mean I did say I watch them any time they are on, which is quite alot. But its not the same level of rewatchability of like Jurassic Park or Jaws to me.

But as Outpost said, when you go back through, the dialogue really hinders alot of it.

I absolutely love Begins, i think its the best movie as a whole of the trilogy, but anytime Katie Holmes is on screen its just bad taking me out of the movie, and early on we really flirt with the over use of the montage stuff, which really comes back in Rises.

TDK has the best performance ever in a Superhero film, and that alone is worth watching, but so much of it doesnt completely click as you watch it many times over. I just dont care about the Ferry stuff anymore (really falls flat these days) and the death of Two Face is so sudden and doesnt really fit with the trilogy once Nolan decided to make the 3rd. So with that being the big 3rd act and the tacked on ending I find myself turning it off or getting distracted as soon as we get the Michael C Hall news video.

And while I actually really like the Bane performance from Hardy (it just gets the dubious duty to follow up Ledger as the Joker) I dont like Cotillard as Talia, that felt so forced and she stuck out like a sore thumb from the start.And as I said before, we get some heavy montage stuff which I think is just lazy. 

Again, I watch them all the time, I actually own the whole trilogy. But If I had to say which Batman movie is most "rewatchable" from start to finish, Its probably a toss up between the Burton movies, and maybe Begins.

I rewatched Batman Begins and TDK over the last few days.  I kind of see what you mean now.  I still enjoy rewatching them, but my desire to rewatch them has gone down quite a bit with so many good Marvel movies out there.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not sure why people are so obsessed with it.  The movie isnt going to be much better regardless.  

Snyder has very passionate fans haha.

I've said before that I'm a Snyder fan and would love to see it, but if it ever happens then it won't be for a while. It's way too close to the actual release of the movie and if it were a lot better then that just makes things worse for the studio. If it happens in the future then it will be 20 or so years from now when this iteration of the universe is long gone, similar to the Donner Cut of Superman II.

Plus, even if it's awesome, we know he left a lot of unanswered and open threads in the movie. We'd get very little payoff to anything Snyder set up in Man of Steel, BvS, and his Justice League. Not sure what good it would do to see it right now.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Snyder has very passionate fans haha.

I've said before that I'm a Snyder fan and would love to see it, but if it ever happens then it won't be for a while. It's way too close to the actual release of the movie and if it were a lot better then that just makes things worse for the studio. If it happens in the future then it will be 20 or so years from now when this iteration of the universe is long gone, similar to the Donner Cut of Superman II.

Plus, even if it's awesome, we know he left a lot of unanswered and open threads in the movie. We'd get very little payoff to anything Snyder set up in Man of Steel, BvS, and his Justice League. Not sure what good it would do to see it right now.

Dont get me wrong....I'd like to see it too.  But people clamor for it so hard that you'd think they are expecting the Snyder cut to fix the major issues the movie had, when the reality is it probably doesnt really fix anything or only minor things.

25 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Dont get me wrong....I'd like to see it too.  But people clamor for it so hard that you'd think they are expecting the Snyder cut to fix the major issues the movie had, when the reality is it probably doesnt really fix anything or only minor things.

From what we know it's essentially a completely different movie. Characters completely cut, storylines drastically changed, the entire tone was altered, etc.

I just want to see what Snyder did/had planned. If not as an actual movie, then as a graphic novel or something like that.

• Like 1