DC Movie Universe

devils1854

30 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

A plane with the banner “release the Snyder cut” flew over SDCC lmao

They have a solid presence there, which is even funnier since DC Films has no presence at SDCC at all haha.

So the only thing related to DC Films getting any attention at all is the Snyder Cut.

54 minutes ago, KewlBeanz said:

DCCU>MCU

That happened!

#Recognize

Well, to each their own, obviously...but objectively, not sure how anyone can say that.

Keep in mind that I am definitely a bigger DC fan than Marvel in general, but if we are talking about the cinematic universes, one has just completed an epic 12 year span of movies with interconnecting storylines and characters and did it with tremendous success.    The other is a rushed, largely convoluted mess of movies with ambiguous ties going forward, and many that may not even connect at all.

If you prefer the DC movies to the Marvel ones, I can respect that, but as an overall cinematic universe, there is literally no argument about which one is far superior.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, to each their own, obviously...but objectively, not sure how anyone can say that.

Keep in mind that I am definitely a bigger DC fan than Marvel in general, but if we are talking about the cinematic universes, one has just completed an epic 12 year span of movies with interconnecting storylines and characters and did it with tremendous success.    The other is a rushed, largely convoluted mess of movies with ambiguous ties going forward, and many that may not even connect at all.

If you prefer the DC movies to the Marvel ones, I can respect that, but as an overall cinematic universe, there is literally no argument about which one is far superior.  

30 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

We agree, DCCU is far superior.

Great minds think alike.

lol

I am watching Justice League again right now,  and it's worse than I remembered.  Horrid dialogue, rushed pacing, forced unfunny humor, pretty bad acting all around (much to do with editing, directing and writing) and as usual with all of the DC movies, moments of laughably bad CGI.  

The action is the only real positive, but the poor CG hurt alot of that too.

The movie is just a mess.  I can't imagine how the Snyder cut could be much worse.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

It’d likely be a number of shades darker, so it’d probably be tougher to actually see what’s happening. 

True, but somehow being worse than Whedon's JL is setting the bar pretty damn high, especially since Snyder apparently had some cool ideas in the leak for HIS cut.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

It’d likely be a number of shades darker, so it’d probably be tougher to actually see what’s happening. 

Didnt have trouble seeing anything in BvS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

True, but somehow being worse than Whedon's JL is setting the bar pretty damn high, especially since Snyder apparently had some cool ideas in the leak for HIS cut.

It's kind of unfair to call it Whedon's JL, because it was more like Snyder/Whedon's  JL.  Whedon still had to use most of Snyders footage. 

45 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

It's kind of unfair to call it Whedon's JL, because it was more like Snyder/Whedon's  JL.  Whedon still had to use most of Snyders footage. 

This. Plus it was still Larry Fong as DP. He's the guy who's been with Snider and created the look for all of the stylized films; BvS, Suck Punch, Watchmen, 300, etc. That isn't what Whedon does.

• Like 1

Matt McGloin from Cosmic Book News is claiming that JJ Abrams is writing and directing a Superman movie and is at least writing and maybe directing a Green Lantern movie.

This was apparently part of the deal when Warner Bros. bought Bad Robot.

Huge grain of salt obviously.

I've been a proponent of the Snyder Cut. Justice League was in all intents and purposes Snyders and Whedons cut. But watching the Snyder Cut would only further add questions. As JL was movie 3 out of his 5 movie plan for SuperMan so Snyders Cut of JL would probably end in a cliffhanger and that would suck since we would be left wondering what if.