DC Movie Universe

devils1854

27 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The initial warehouse confrontation in Batman Begins where he stealthily takes out all the guys before pummeling a group of them.  In the Dark Knight where he flies off of a skyscraper into the building, takes out a bunch of guys then captures the guy via plane extraction.  The battle with the SWAT team in the building under construction where hangs them all out to dry.  That's 3 just off of the top of my head.  

The first one isn't even a fight sequence but cool you have 2 that you can name off the top of your head out of three flicks. That doesn't seem like they stand out. 

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The first one isn't even a fight sequence but cool you have 2 that you can name off the top of your head out of three flicks. That doesn't seem like they stand out. 

The original poster labeled it "best action sequence of any Batman", which is an utterly ridiculous claim.  I mean Christopher Nolan flipped a freaking semi-trunk in TDK.  

I also disagree with you calling the stealth scene not a fight sequence.  Its a much better fight sequence IMO.  He takes them out one by one before jumping in and taking out 6 of them at a time.  Much more suspense built that way, and it pays off at the end with him literally ripping the crime boss Falcone out of his own car.  

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The original poster labeled it "best action sequence of any Batman", which is an utterly ridiculous claim.  I mean Christopher Nolan flipped a freaking semi-trunk in TDK.  

I also disagree with you calling the stealth scene not a fight sequence.  Its a much better fight sequence IMO.  He takes them out one by one before jumping in and taking out 6 of them at a time.  Much more suspense built that way, and it pays off at the end with him literally ripping the crime boss Falcone out of his own car.  

I think, and I could be wrong, that the other scene is being touted for its fight choreography in correlation with the filming and editing of the sequence. To me, you can't compare a sequence were you dont actually see Batman fight, just say boo to some dude lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The initial warehouse confrontation in Batman Begins where he stealthily takes out all the guys before pummeling a group of them.  In the Dark Knight where he flies off of a skyscraper into the building, takes out a bunch of guys then captures the guy via plane extraction.  The battle with the SWAT team in the building under construction where hangs them all out to dry.  That's 3 just off of the top of my head.  

You don't see anything and can't tell what's going on at all in those scenes because the camera is always spinning and flying around.

We just have very different ideas of good fight scenes.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 10:13 PM, MKnight82 said:

I don’t agree with that at all.  There are like 5 fighting sequences in the Nolan trilogy better than this one.

Hmm......I enjoy the Nolan trilogy a lot, but most of the fight scenes are largely considered weak.     They were choreographed poorly, and  he just moved the camera around fast to create the feeling of chaos during the scenes, which made them lose focus.

To each their own, but objectively, the fight scenes in TDK trilogy were very weak.   

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 11:26 AM, Eagles23 said:

The first fight between Batman and Bane is one of my favorites definitely better than the noted BvS scene

That was, by far, the best fight scene of the Nolan trilogy, but certainly not better than the BvS fight scene IMO.   

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 1:03 PM, MKnight82 said:

They were 100x better.  Much more gritty and realistic. 

There were a couple criticisms I have of that BvS fight scene, but more gritty and realistic?    It was just a bunch of camera movement with limbs flailing to give the sense of a fight without actually making a quality fight scenes.    You could argue they were more realistic, but that doesnt make it more entertaining.

The only Nolan Batman movie with decent fight scenes was Rises.     Begins fight scenes were largely terrible (the first one in the prison was probably the best, but still meh) and the only TDK fight scene that was good was the beginning with Scarecrow and fake Batmans.    The fight scene during Harvey's fundraiser was laughably bad.   

The fight scene noted above looks like a Rambo movie where he kills 100 guys by himself.  Its ridiculous and over the top.  

Umm...how about Bruce fighting off 10+ men in the prison in Begins?   How about him taking out a bunch of armed cops and criminals in TDK?    

How are they less ridiculous?   

Batman v Superman is garbage.  

No one is talking about the overall movie, just the fight scene.   Methinks your disdain for the overall quality of BvS is clouding your judgment.   .     

If you enjoy the Nolan fights more, I respect that, but most complaints Ive seen over the years about Nolan's trilogy revolved around the weak fight scenes.       I love Begins and TDK, and like Rises, but I was never impressed with the fight scenes.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Okay, The Flash movie is set.  Let’s get a Flash Point story that acknowledges every single DC movie ever made, even Clooney and Kilmer, and have it end in such a way as to set up the beginning of a CONNECTED universe that still has every movie involved.  

The Flash Point movie is never going to happen.

Ezra Miller's contract ran out I think so he's done. 

49 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

The Flash Point movie is never going to happen.

Ezra Miller's contract ran out I think so he's done. 

I don't know that a Flashpoint movie will happen, but they could easily replace Ezra Miller. I thought he was a terrible casting from the get-go, but that's a running theme with DC movies.