DC Movie Universe

devils1854

7 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It cracks me up that all these fans who hated MoS, hated Snyder bcuz of MoS, and hated that Snyder was picked to direct JL now want his cut. LMAO.  No cut can save that dumpster fire. 

Exactly. It will just be a different shade of crap

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

It cracks me up that all these fans who hated MoS, hated Snyder bcuz of MoS, and hated that Snyder was picked to direct JL now want his cut. LMAO.  No cut can save that dumpster fire. 

It's curiosity more than anything. Curious just to see if it's any better than the POS Whedon Cut.

Same reason people were anxious about the BvS Ultimate Edition.

• Like 1

I’m all for more chaotic superhero movies, but they are estimating $20M -$30M still needs to be spent. That’s a huge part they need to shoot especially with an epidemic. I would it assume it goes above that.

Happy for Zack, sucks how it ended for him and his family.

• Like 1

I’m excited because this is one more mistake WB is throwing money at.  They can only do this so many times before they’re forced to sell DC properties or get their heads out of their butts long enough to start from scratch with a talented creative overseer and a cohesive plan.

Just think about it everyone...

Batman.  Superman.  Joker.  Bane.  Luthor.  Wonder Woman.  Cat woman.  Riddler.  Aqua man.  Flash.  Green Lantern.  Green Arrow.  Martian Manhunter.

All connected over dozens of movies at or above the quality of the MCU.  

Help me make DC fail to the point we get this.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Well I love MoS and enjoy the Ultimate Cut of BvS. I love Watchmen and enjoyed 300 and Dawn of the Dead. Haven't seen Sucker Punch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m excited because this is one more mistake WB is throwing money at.  They can only do this so many times before they’re forced to sell DC properties or get their heads out of their butts long enough to start from scratch with a talented creative overseer and a cohesive plan.

Batman.  Superman.  Joker.  Bane.  Luthor.  Wonder Woman.  Cat woman.  Riddler.  Aqua man.  Flash.  Green Lantern.  Green Arrow.  Martian Manhunter.

Don't hold your breath as long as WB has the rights.  Maybe Marvel Studios can buy the film rights to DC comics?

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Don't hold your breath as long as WB has the rights.  Maybe Marvel Studios can buy the film rights to DC comics?

Why would you want that? There's only so much time, resources, etc. for one studio to utilize. Marvel has enough on their plate without adding all of DC.

They failed at the shared universe, but they've done mostly well since 2005. What, 5 bad movies out of 17 major releases?

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:
8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Doubtful, but Sony would probably jump all over it

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Doubtful, but Sony would probably jump all over it

Isn Sony films struggling? I would need to check but I think universal would be a likely candidate. It’s not happening either way. 

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Isn Sony films struggling? I would need to check but I think universal would be a likely candidate. It’s not happening either way. 

they are on an upturn after breaking even for the most part in Q1 of 2020. I mean every studio is going to be in a down turn given the world we are living in. Regardless, I mention Sony only because they want their own CU so badly they are stretching ONE hero property into it. You have to imagine a full library would be very enticing to them. Wouldnt rule out Universal either but boy did they botch their proposed monster universe immediately. 

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

they are on an upturn after breaking even for the most part in Q1 of 2020. I mean every studio is going to be in a down turn given the world we are living in. Regardless, I mention Sony only because they want their own CU so badly they are stretching ONE hero property into it. You have to imagine a full library would be very enticing to them. Wouldnt rule out Universal either but boy did they botch their proposed monster universe immediately. 

I just went to box office mojo to look at studio grossing. It’s completely butchered now. So disappointing 

If Sony could make it work, they would love it, but it’s going to cost over $4B Star Wars got. Sony lost James Bond, and besides from Spidey, their biggest franchise is Jumamji. They are in terrible shape.

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I just went to box office mojo to look at studio grossing. It’s completely butchered now. So disappointing 

If Sony could make it work, they would love it, but it’s going to cost over $4B Star Wars got. Sony lost James Bond, and besides from Spidey, their biggest franchise is Jumamji. They are in terrible shape.

You think DC could outpace Star Wars?? I mean that investment was proven to be well worth it despite anyone's opinion on the films. I'm just not sure fans will be as devoted. Star Wars is a movie property that got spun out into other mediums that hadnt seen a film in over a decade. The hardcore fans were movie fans. DC is a property that is based from comics with recent and poor showings in the theatrical scene. Their hardcore fans are comic nerds. Its smaller and less dedicated to the film medium. You may be right, but I dont think it would be worth that type of price tag. 

31 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Why would you want that? There's only so much time, resources, etc. for one studio to utilize. Marvel has enough on their plate without adding all of DC.

They failed at the shared universe, but they've done mostly well since 2005. What, 5 bad movies out of 17 major releases?

My comment was about 90% snark.  The main point is that for ANY film franchise that if you are planning to have more than one movie, then you need detailed planning ahead before you even have the script for the first one.  The bigger the franchise, the more extensive the planning.  The next DCEU, whoever ends up making it, better have a 10-15 year plan before that first movie is even released.

This is the same reason the most recent Star Wars trilogy nose dived after the promising start of The Force Awakens.  If they got Abrams committed to 3 films with one consistent narrative arc, it would have turned out much better.  Instead they let a different director take over and let him change huge parts of the story that was set up.

Edited by THE DUKE