DC Movie Universe

devils1854

On 7/6/2020 at 10:05 AM, Outpost31 said:

I'm sorry, but all of this support for DC failures is driving me nuts right now.  Particularly the support for Leto's Joker. 

They seriously need to STFU about it.  Let's Joker was terrible.  Terrible. 

Saying that it was editing, cut scenes, studio interference, etc... STFU.  Leto was terrible. 

1. He had a ****ing forehead tattoo. 
2. He had a ****ing smile tattoo the way college girls get a mustache tattoo and put it up to their face for an Instagram picture.
3. He was a gangland pimp who used unhinged bravado to intimidate.
4. He had ****ing grills. 
5. His laugh was terrible.  It was like a dork with a speech impediment trying to do a Joker laugh in his basement on a hand recorder.

Unless the cut footage reveals Joker wiped off his "damaged" tattoo and all his other tattoos and was just pretending to be an emo wannabe gangster in order to appeal to emo wannabe gangsters, it was a terrible depiction of Joker. 

It should not be celebrated.  It should not be defended.  It should forever be a mark of humility for Leto and everyone involved in that movie that sometimes your crazy shower thought ideas or weird dreams actually suck and are only good ideas in dreams and in the shower and as soon as you're awake and fully clothed you should just forget it and take a while to refocus your creative energy to something that sounds good while fully awake. 

That's not the actor, that's the character concept, which isn't Leto's?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's not the actor, that's the character concept, which isn't Leto's?

Leto wasn’t good and is not blameless.  If I was told I was playing the Joker and then anybody told me that I was going to have tattoos all over and fake teeth, I’d be gone faster than you can say creative differences.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 9:53 AM, Outpost31 said:

Leto wasn’t good and is not blameless.  If I was told I was playing the Joker and then anybody told me that I was going to have tattoos all over and fake teeth, I’d be gone faster than you can say creative differences.

I agree that Leto simply wasnt good, and apparently acted like a completely d-bag to get into the character, but maybe he didnt really know a ton about the Joker and liked  the character in the script.     If he knew anything about the Joker and did it that way, then yes, he deserves far more blame.

In the end though, I blame WB.   They have done a terrible, TERRIBLE job portraying iconic characters thus far.      They gave the approval for the versions of Lex and Joker we got.     And we know they cant be COMPLETELY oblivious to what makes a good Joker, because we got the Joaquin Phoenix Joker, which sadly isnt connected to the universe.

For as much as you and I bicker about the DC Universe, I dont think we are too far off in our visions for it or our issues with current universe.      I think I personally just held out hope a little longer hoping they could turn some things around, but after Justice League, I have no faith left in this universe.

Im more looking forward to what projects might be coming to HBO Max regarding DC characters.   They should let Affleck run his own Batman show on HBO.    I might actually have some excitement for something DC related then.

Warner Bros. Television is currently working on a Catwoman show for HBO Max. Not much is currently known about this series, outside of the fact that it is set in the same universe as the upcoming The Batman movie. Zoë Kravitz is expected to reprise her role as Selina Kyle aka Catwoman.

https://www.thecinemaspot.com/2020/08/06/exclusive-catwoman-series-in-the-works-hbo-max/

will probably soon find out if this is legit or not

13 hours ago, August4th said:

We dont even know how well received Reeves Batman or her Catwoman will be...so I fully expect WB to foolishly commit to something like this.

10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

HBO DCCU confirmed?

Here is what I don't get....with all of these DC shows going to HBOMax....what is even the point of the DC Universe?    They should just move everything from that streaming service over there.   I know they wont, but HBO seems to be the future home of DC.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Here is what I don't get....with all of these DC shows going to HBOMax....what is even the point of the DC Universe?    They should just move everything from that streaming service over there.   I know they wont, but HBO seems to be the future home of DC.

What I'm afraid of is more disjointed bull****.

Robert Pattinson ain't playing Batman in a television series. 

So if they make a series that takes place in Reeves Batman series, but don't have Batman, you're going to get more disjointed, unconnected bull****.

They should NOT be planning on making shows based around movie characters. 

Just pull the trigger already and start a DC series unconnected from any of the movies. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What I'm afraid of is more disjointed bull****.

Robert Pattinson ain't playing Batman in a television series. 

So if they make a series that takes place in Reeves Batman series, but don't have Batman, you're going to get more disjointed, unconnected bull****.

They should NOT be planning on making shows based around movie characters. 

Just pull the trigger already and start a DC series unconnected from any of the movies. 

I wouldnt expect Zoe Kravitz on TV either though. Im gonna stay optimistic as HBO has the money and clout to lure in "movie" actors to mini-series projects. They've done it plenty of times before they can do it again. 

27 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I wouldnt expect Zoe Kravitz on TV either though. Im gonna stay optimistic as HBO has the money and clout to lure in "movie" actors to mini-series projects. They've done it plenty of times before they can do it again. 

Not sure why Zoe Kravitz wouldnt do TV.   She isnt some big time movie star.  And beyond that, she has done TV several other times....fairly recently.

Edited by 43M