DC Movie Universe

devils1854

56 minutes ago, 43M said:

Its sad that the only thing that excites me about this DC event has nothing to do with the movies.

They have completely destroyed every last bit of enthusiasm I once had for a potential DCEU.  Batman MIGHT be good, but Im not remotely excited for it.    Interested to see the differences in Snyders cut of JL, but I still expect more mediocrity.    Black Adam makes zero sense aside from giving The Rock a movie.    WW84 looks pretty meh.     Only way Flash mighr excite me is if its Flashpoint and they replace the painfully mediocre Ezra Miller.  Aquaman is a no go until they replace Amber Whored.   

Ugh.  Hard to watch the utter incompetence of the idiots handling DC.

I'm with you here. I have near zero excitement for anything DCEU. I am cautiously optimistic for The Suicide Squad and Shazam 2.

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1

Unless they bring back Bale, Kilmer, Clooney, Keaton, Reynolds (please God) and have The Flash be a true FlashPoint story that gives DC a new, firm start to an extended universe, this is just getting retarded.  I don’t mean retarded in a derogatory way, I mean literally retarded.

Meaning the studio is mentally less advanced than every other studio in their decision making skills.  

Even Sony has a better grasp of world building with the characters at their disposal, and I thought Venom was terrible.

• Like 1

DC Fanboy here

I love what they are doing with the DC Multiverse, because thats what it is. Its not DCEU and DC TV and this and that. Its everything rolled into one. Its much like how they release comics. There can be a Terry McGinnis Batman in Bayman Beyond if they want to do it, and they dont have to recast or stop Pattinson or Affleck from being a different Batman character. 

People want DC to do something different than Marvel, and when they start to formulate a plan for their future, some people lose their minds because its different than Marvel. DC is going to be about stories in the future I think. Flashpoint. Court of Owls. It seems like they are bringing in Keaton's Batman for some kind of mentor role in the future(Begins maybe?). We could see stuff like Doomsday Clock as a limited series on HBO Max because you can cross over characters and worlds with the multiverse. 

I love it and am very excited for Saturday. 

Edited by devils1854

I think this is part of the problem with DC. They have so many things going on with the same characters yet little is connected. It just seems like they don't know what they are doing and just throwing things out there to see what will work out best.

I don't want to compare it to Marvel cause that's not fair. I don't want them to be like Marvel but when they give new characters, it's tough to get invested in them without any background story sometimes.

At first glance, I was like WTF?  But I think I like this, at least for now.  You have to actually try really hard to screw up Batman, and having multiple Batmans on film isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Batfleck can stick to the Justice League stuff, especially if they use Flashpoint to reset it.  Heck, maybe they somehow spin that into the Snyder cut.  that would turn some heads, but I digress.  Meanwhile, Reeves can focus on early Batman noir, and also bring those villains back to screen life (Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, maybe Joker in movie 2).  Batfleck can focus on modern villains (Deathstroke, Bane, Court of Owls, League of Shadows) or a Legion of Doom-style  team up as part of a reborn DCEU. 

One, it allows for more film exposure.  Two, it gives fans of different ages something to look forward to simultaneously.  Third, it's sure to draw large audiences, and after COVID, the studios need major draws to make up lost revenue.

Could it utterly fail?  Of course.  But WB hasn't mastered the art of team ups yet, to put it mildly.  They've had degrees of success with Man of Steel, Wonder Woman and Aquaman.  Most fans like Batfleck.  Push forward with both, I say.  

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

DC Fanboy here

I love what they are doing with the DC Multiverse, because thats what it is. Its not DCEU and DC TV and this and that. Its everything rolled into one. Its much like how they release comics. There can be a Terry McGinnis Batman in Bayman Beyond if they want to do it, and they dont have to recast or stop Pattinson or Affleck from being a different Batman character. 

People want DC to do something different than Marvel, and when they start to formulate a plan for their future, some people lose their minds because its different than Marvel. DC is going to be about stories in the future I think. Flashpoint. Court of Owls. It seems like they are bringing in Keaton's Batman for some kind of mentor role in the future(Begins maybe?). We could see stuff like Doomsday Clock as a limited series on HBO Max because you can cross over characters and worlds with the multiverse. 

I love it and am very excited for Saturday. 

Im a DC fanboy too, but not to the point where Im willing to ignore major failures and make a bunch if excuses for them.

You can like it if you want.  Power to ya.   Doesnt mean it makes a lick of sense, though....which it doesnt.    I get the entire multiverse thing can make anything possible...but lets be honest, this is more being used to sweep the garbage under the rug....not a clever or intelligent use of tge multiverse.

Marvel carefully crafted a universe, made sure it had a flowing narrative, did every major character justice, casted perfectly, and actually cared about the product.

DC has just thrown random movies out there and rushed everything in a pathetic attempt to catch up to Marvel.    Stories have been mediocre at best.   Casting has been very hit or miss.    Character development has been terrible.   

Bottom line, I doubt anyone would care that DC was doing things differently if it was actually being done WELL.   It hasnt been, and they havent given much reason to expect that will change going forward.   Giving us the occasional decent movie isnt much to get excited about.