DC Movie Universe

devils1854

5 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Just a shame that Flashpoint may be wasted because they did so terrible in prior movies.

wasted isnt the right word IMO. I read Flashpoint when it came out, its a solid arc and it heavily impacted the entire imprint, but it was ok. It gets talked up because of Thomas Wayne Batman (written by a different guy) and for starting the New 52. I mean Flashpoint in the comics was green lit because DC comic continuity got convoluted and some decisions were flat out bad. Sooooo they are actually being pretty on brand here lol

• Like 1

Just allow me to commiserate here. 

WB is full of morons who can't admit they suck and who for some damn reason won't start over. 

Who gives a **** if they're similar to Marvel?  Make the overall tone different and follow their basic principle of a connected universe building towards a main villain.  There's still plenty of room for originality and separating yourself from Marvel while still having each and every movie connected. 

From my limited knowledge of comic books, main members of the Justice League are:

Aquaman
Batman
Superman
Cyborg
Flash
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter

Nobody ever said you have to get them all introduced in the first three movies though.  Give us a few teases.  Make room for solo films down the road. 

I think you'd probably have to start with Superman.  Although his origin story has been done plenty of times, do it again.  It's Superman.  It will make money even if it is another origin movie.  Don't do the Krypton thing to start it, just start it with the ship hitting the farm and no pretext.  When he's 12, throw in an Easter Egg newspaper front page about Bruce Wayne's parents being murdered.

Then you do a Wonder Woman movie next.  The Amazonian costumes were terrible and the whole look of her world looked dumb.  Biggest reason I cannot get into Wonder Woman is the entire design of those movies.  But whatever.  I don't know anything about Wonder Woman.  Just make it grounded in the same level of believability as Superman. 

Then you do Batman.  Batman is one superhero that does not need another origin story.  You really can't top Batman Begins as far as origin stories anyway, and we're getting another one with Pattinson.  In Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman are already known entities.  Batman isn't really equipped to take on super villains, so you give him one from his own Rogues Gallery obviously, but you also tease a connection to something bigger using Batman's detective skills, and the first Batman movie lays the seed for the first Justice League movie. 

THEN you have a crossover event with Batman and Superman, and have a twist where one character is actually Martian Manhunter since I'm pretty sure he can disguise himself as people. 

Then you have a Flash movie.  In the Flash movie, you see the jersey of Cyborg.  He's still playing football and not close to being cast yet, it's just an Easter Egg, but now you've got Flash introduced. 

You've got five movies now.  Your world is established.  Multiple members of the Justice League have been introduced.

Do a Justice League movie.

At this point you can branch off from the implications of whatever they face in Justice League and continue building the world. 

Once you've got an actual world established, once we've seen smaller villains, once we've seen smaller characters, THAT'S when you do these offshoot movies existing in the same world.

That's when you give Harley Quinn her own movie.
That's when you do a Suicide Squad movie, featuring a bunch of characters you've seen get arrested in other superhero movies.

57 minutes ago, August4th said:

my biggest concern with the Flash is the director..not a fan

Dang. I don't even really like horror movies, and I love what he did with It. It's a big step up (and honestly if they follow through with him doing Attack on Titan, I think that's even better for him), but like was said, they are taking a home run swing... let's see if they connect.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Dang. I don't even really like horror movies, and I love what he did with It. It's a big step up (and honestly if they follow through with him doing Attack on Titan, I think that's even better for him), but like was said, they are taking a home run swing... let's see if they connect.

I'm still hoping every single WB DC movie sucks for the next five years so they have to fire everybody involved in these stupid decisions and start fresh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Watched the Snyder Cut trailer.... Bad song choice, too much CGI, and honestly didn't get me any more excited for it. I really dislike the 300/Watchmen style for this.

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch it. But I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

I liked the trailer....but still dont have much excitement for this.

Fail.  Fail.  Everything fail.  Except Batman. Batman can be a good trilogy hopefully.  But still fail.  

I want a connected universe and 20 years of connected films from DC.  Mostly so I can get 4 good appearances from the same Joker who won’t suck.