DC Movie Universe

devils1854

17 minutes ago, 43M said:

Most people dont have a clue who Martian Manhunter is.   Not to say it couldnt work, but its not the best option.

again, most people had no idea who Iron Man was either. I know its hard to imagine now as he is as A list as you can get, but before the big screen RDJ treatment Iron Man was as well known as Wonder Man. 

I feel like everything since TDK has pretty much sucked but this trailer looked solid. I feel like his punches landed a bit unrealistically hard as if he had super strength or maybe it’s cause I was listening with headphone but all in all I’m on board. Could’ve gone without using a Nirvana song tho since Kurt Cobain was against using his music in such a way lol

53 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

1. All the trailers were great (though I really don't know why Snyder chose that freaking version of "Hallelujah" again). The CGI for the Snyder Cut probably won't be as good as you'd expect because of the circumstances, but I can get over it.

Snyder loves Leonard Cohen - he's on record as much - though, ironically, he only seems to know one song from Cohen's immense (and really fantastic) catalog.  "If It Be Your Will" had so much potential as a trailer hook song for a CBM.  So does "Bird on a Wire" if used correctly for a female hero - Sons of Anarchy actually came really, really close to using it appropriately.  There's a ton of potential in "I'm Your Man" as well.

As to some thoughts on the trailer.  I like it.  The casting in general is strong, but Pattinson - partly it's the sound and timber of his voice, partly it's the styling choices they made with his Bruce - comes across more as Terry McGuinness than Bruce Wayne to me.  I get that given they have aspirations of continuing to roll through with the JLA franchise as they would have if Affleck hadn't been removed, but as a standalone franchise/trilogy, I feel like they could have very much bridged straight to a Terry McGuinness dark knight and taken whatever liberties they needed to with Batman Beyond canon material to make it work.

I agree with whoever had the bit about Cobain not wanting his music used in this fashion, though the tone and sound of "Something in the Way" is extremely fitting.  Maybe they could have dug for a similar-toned cover of it or dug into The Meat Puppets catalog, since Curt Kirkwood has a number of tracks that are damn near Cobain-derivative.  Unearthing quality covers for their trailers and films has been a strength of this DCEU studio - they were responsible for me discovering Gang of Youths in the first place.

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I won't harp on it.  Your points are valid.  Just looks kinda stupid. 

First, I don't like how it's set in the 90's.  Or whenever it's set.  I feel like that just limits them. 

It's not. A lot of technology in that trailer says otherwise. Slashfilm had a good write up.

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

again, most people had no idea who Iron Man was either. I know its hard to imagine now as he is as A list as you can get, but before the big screen RDJ treatment Iron Man was as well known as Wonder Man. 

Two things....

1)  I knew who Iron Man was long before Martian Manhunter, and I was never a big Avengers fan growing up.  Outsude of Spider-Man and XMen, I was always much bigger on DC characters.    I know thats just my story, but I personally think Iron Man was more widely known.   I used to see games, toys and lunchboxes with Iron Man.    I dont think I knew who Martian Manhunter was until mid 2000s or so.

2)   Marvel didnt have a choice but to start off with lesser known characters, seeing as how they didnt have the movie rights to their most popular characters (at the time).    I guarantee...if they had Spider-Man or a character as popular as Batman, they wouldve absolutely spearheaded the MCU.

Edit:    Deleted my inaccurate statement about Hulk being the first MCU movie.😖

Edited by 43M

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm hoping that's just part of a longer line/monologue, like the one from "Batman: The Animated Series".

Or just a trailer snippet.   

Its so early, and I wont judge a teaser too harshly.   Im surprised we got anything considering the movie isnt even half completed.

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Two things....

1)  I knew who Iron Man was long before Martian Manhunter, and I was never a big Avengers fan growing up.  Outsude of Spider-Man and XMen, I was always much bigger on DC characters.    I know thats just my story, but I personally think Iron Man was more widely known.   I used to see games, toys and lunchboxes with Iron Man.    I dont think I knew who Martian Manhunter was until mid 2000s or so.

2)   Marvel didnt have a choice but to start off with lesser known characters, seeing as how they didnt have the movie rights to their most popular characters (at the time).    I guarantee...if they had Spider-Man or a character as popular as Batman, they wouldve absolutely spearheaded the MCU.

Its also important to note that Ed Nortons Hulk was TECHNICALLY the first movie of the MCU.    Hulk was definitely widely known, but that movie was just forgettable.

Iron Man came out before The Incredible Hulk.

• Like 1

Reliable people I follow said the Snyder Cut was an amazing trailer. I didn’t see that at all. It looked like the theatrical cut with the cut scenes thrown in. Surprised about the hype, but I guess I shouldn’t be with all the Snyder social media support.

Still excited to see it especially the nightmare and darkseid parts, but this trailer pushed me in the opposite direction I wanted.

Why do we need to see this in 4 parts? Are they going to release this weekly for a month? Is a 2 week split really that difficult?

9 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Why do we need to see this in 4 parts? Are they going to release this weekly for a month? Is a 2 week split really that difficult?

To keep people subscribed and talking about it for more than a week.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 2

Suicide Squad is meh for me, but happy that Dr. Fate is in Black Adam, he’s Awesome. Didn’t see the Black Adam panel though.

Still don’t get how they are going to do flashpoint. Is it not going to affect other movies? Need to watch that panel.

Didnt care for the Wonder Woman trailer, nor anything about Aquaman.

Poor Green Lantern. Nothing about him at all. Maybe they are saving him for the 9/12 show? He has a hbo max show in development.

34 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Poor Green Lantern. Nothing about him at all. Maybe they are saving him for the 9/12 show? He has a hbo max show in development.

I think they are holding off on Green Lantern because of all the bashing Ryan Reynolds does on it. It might be silly but the hatred for that movie is just nonstop. Eventually, I think they will bring the character in but not Hal Jordan.