DC Movie Universe

devils1854

I just finished watching Wonder Woman, so spoilers below.

The entire first hour was near pointless. The setup they did could have been done in half the time. There was so much filler for no reason.

Invisible plane was a bit much and pure fan service that did nothing for the plot. Rather than her telling the story of losing a coffee cup, they should have included it in the first movie or earlier in this one. If they did show it in the first movie I can't remember it.

CGI was better than Steppenwolf but they still have work to do.

Diana sitting in the corner talking to herself/everyone before beating Lord was really forced and didn't seem to be paced well with what was going on. It's like they were acting in two different scenes from each other. Then it goes to show Lord as a kid getting yelled at for pee'ing the bed and being bullied for wearing shoes with holes before he rescinds his wish. Terrible story telling. Like, really horrible.

Also, the timeline went from 4th of July to snowing pretty quickly without reason or informing.

DC/WB again seemed to care more about visuals than the story. Awful movie but somehow still not a bottom three DC movie. Justice League, BvS and Suicide Squad barely maintain that designation.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 2:41 PM, beekay414 said:

Well, in all fairness to WW84, it was an 80s movies and 80s movies were over the top campy for the most part lol. I dunno. I never get up in arms about comic book movies as all I do is turn my mind off for 120-150 minutes while watching. 

If they wanted that 80s movie feel they should have included 80s music and pop culture. The number of people with 80s hairstyles was near zero. Outside of the Chris Pine fashion show, the movie may as well have been in any time period.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Awful movie but somehow still not a bottom three DC movie. Justice League, BvS and Suicide Squad barely maintain that designation.

Probably in the minority, but I enjoyed BvS. Wasn't everything that it could've been, but was 10x better than WW84.

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:
22 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Probably in the minority, but I enjoyed BvS. Wasn't everything that it could've been, but was 10x better than WW84.

I don't mind backing you up in saying I liked BvS better than WW84.

Yup. They're both hot garbage, but at least BvS is very warm cardboard boxes. WW84 is a bunch of used diapers on fire.

• Like 2

Im not even going to bother with WW84 after reading about how they brought Steve Trevor back.    Thats on the same level of "Martha" in terms of sheer stupidity and lazy plot devices....perhaps even worse.  I read other stuff too, and the movie just sounds like a dumpster fire.

I saw clips of the mall fight and its so cheesy and stupid.    Yes, the 80s were corny and over the top, but just because its set in the 80s doesnt mean you should write it like a 80s action movie....or at least write it like one of the good ones.     This sounds and looks like its Superman 3 and Batman and Robin level bad.

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’ve never had a desire to rewatch BvS. Maybe my opinion would be different now.

BvS annoys me, because it at least had potential.    If they wouldve taken out Doomsday, the Martha garbage and gone a completely different direction with Lex, it could have been great.   BvS was WBs attempt to speedrun to a Justice League movie, as opposed to developing characters through several movies.

15 hours ago, 43M said:

Im not even going to bother with WW84 after reading about how they brought Steve Trevor back.    Thats on the same level of "Martha" in terms of sheer stupidity and lazy plot devices....perhaps even worse.  I read other stuff too, and the movie just sounds like a dumpster fire.

Yep, and to make matters worse:

A man attempts to rape Barbara (Cheetah in the making) and she proceeds to beat the ever-loving ish out of him.

Yeah, no double standards there whatsoever. 🙄 

And what's sad is, there's people on the internet actually defending this shyt, not a lot, but still. I guess what Bill Cosby did wasn't rape, either. He even admits they had no knowledge of him "using" their bodies (at the time).

But that's just the tip of the iceberg of this movie's problems tbh. Holy fock is it a mess, and yes, the mall fight was cheesy as hell.

Edited by KManX89

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

I’m not sure Affleck was in the sober headspace to even make this but it would’ve been awesome to see his version. 

The Affleck directed Batman movie always intrigued me. The guy is better behind the camera than in front of it.