DC Movie Universe

devils1854

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:
I’m not sure Affleck was in the sober headspace to even make this but it would’ve been awesome to see his version. 

The mere fact that the WB completely pulled it makes me think it wouldve probably been a great movie.    They make pretty make all the opposite decisions of what they should in regards to the DCEU.   Im sure in the Bizarro World, they are enjoying some pretty awesome DC movies.   

Seriously though...unlike the people making the decisions for these movies,  I think Affleck cares enough about Batman not to deviate too much from what he is....even though he did agree to be a homicidal Batman for Snyder.

Ive seen people claims that Snyder loves the DC characters.   I dont believe that.   I think he just loves his visions of what the characters SHOULD be....which are dark, brooding, foul mouthed, more violent versions of what they are supposed to be.

• Like 2

WW84 was hilariously bad. The first hour and a half was absolute nonsense. I have never seen such a long stretch of movie do nothing to forward the plot. It was actually laughably bad, and for that reason surprisingly enjoyable. 

The fireworks scene was complete insanity. Like, they found it necessary to show three different views of the fireworks (Invisijet close, invisijet sorta close, invisijet far). Also, in the first one the Gal Gadot robot was programmed to have a bit of charisma. They must have forgotten to tinker with the circuits on this. She came off as a talking mannequin most of the times. 

Also, if the roles were reversed with Gadot and Pine this movie wouldnt have just never been made, it would have been the most talked about scrapping of a script in social media history with DC studios gifting as much to whichever charity was demanded to get back in the good graces of the twitterverse.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Keaton gonna be the main DCEU Batman.

No chance.   He is likely going to be a retired Batman...at most, Dark Knight Returns type.

There wont be a main DCEU Batman because WB has no clue what they're doing.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In fairness, making your own movie rather than copying Captain America must have been much more difficult. 

Should have just copied Captain America: The Winter Soldier then. Steve Trevor is now the bad guy; Ares saved his soul and corrupted it at the end of the first one.

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm starting to feel this way.

I'm trying to think of a bigger fall off from first movie to sequel.

I didn't think the first movie was great, but it was at least decent.

For me, Id say the drop off is similar from Batman Returns to Batman and Robin.

Based on everything Ive seen and read, WW84 is pretty close to THAT in terms of "quality".

34 minutes ago, 43M said:

I didn't think the first movie was great, but it was at least decent.

For me, Id say the drop off is similar from Batman Returns to Batman and Robin.

Based on everything Ive seen and read, WW84 is pretty close to THAT in terms of "quality".

WW84 wasnt very good but I am not sure I am ready to tie it to Batman and Robin. More like Thor: Dark World. 

• Like 1