DC Movie Universe

devils1854

16 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

At least Dark World tied into a greater storyline and was relevant 7 years later. WW84 is worse imo.

That's unfair. You are going to give Dark World a pass because surrounding movies are better? The first WW is much better than the first Thor but that isnt a reason that WW84 is better. 

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I didn't think the first movie was great, but it was at least decent.

For me, Id say the drop off is similar from Batman Returns to Batman and Robin.

Based on everything Ive seen and read, WW84 is pretty close to THAT in terms of "quality".

Yeah, Wonder Woman isn't amazing. I think it's a great movie with a horrible last 15 minutes (outside of Steve Trevor's death, which I thought was done very well). So like a 7/10. But man...WW84 gets worse the more I think about it. It's so bad.

True about the Batman movie dropoff, but it's usually diminishing returns the further into a series you get + that was a completely different creative team and cast. I'm trying to think of just from the first to second movie, and especially one that had all the returning key players.

Just now, Deadpulse said:

That's unfair. You are going to give Dark World a pass because surrounding movies are better? The first WW is much better than the first Thor but that isnt a reason that WW84 is better. 

Not giving it a pass. Dark World was one of the worst chapters of a 22 chapter saga. If WW84 had added to a DCU or had a single thing to build on for future movies, then it'd also have that one redeeming quality. But it doesn't.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not giving it a pass. Dark World was one of the worst chapters of a 22 chapter saga. If WW84 had added to a DCU or had a single thing to build on for future movies, then it'd also have that one redeeming quality. But it doesn't.

If anything thats is a further detractor. That such a bad flick is relevant to so many good ones just puts a spotlight on how bad it is. Just like how the success of the first WW makes WW84 seem much worse.  

13 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

WW84 was hilariously bad. The first hour and a half was absolute nonsense. I have never seen such a long stretch of movie do nothing to forward the plot. It was actually laughably bad, and for that reason surprisingly enjoyable. 

The fireworks scene was complete insanity. Like, they found it necessary to show three different views of the fireworks (Invisijet close, invisijet sorta close, invisijet far). Also, in the first one the Gal Gadot robot was programmed to have a bit of charisma. They must have forgotten to tinker with the circuits on this. She came off as a talking mannequin most of the times. 

Also, if the roles were reversed with Gadot and Pine this movie wouldnt have just never been made, it would have been the most talked about scrapping of a script in social media history with DC studios gifting as much to whichever charity was demanded to get back in the good graces of the twitterverse.  

Agreed, WW84 was shyt. Horrid pacing with so many plot holes, I'm surprised none of the actors fell through them and broke their neck during filming. If you're only gonna have 15-20 or so minutes of action in a 2 and a half hour movie, then your characters better be hella interesting, and they weren't in the slightest. Clunky dialog and boring character arcs that go nowhere after that cheesy mall scene, which was cringey to watch.

And I def agree with you on the last one.

If the roles were reversed and Superman did this to a "body-swapped" Lois, there would rightfully be massive public outcry, especially if she'd gotten pregnant and the wish reversal happened before the 9 months. That's tantamount to forceful impregnation, which is rape by definition, and yet you actually have some people on the internet (I know because I've encountered them) saying it wasn't even though the guy Steve took over was pretty much comatose at that point and couldn't consent.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

WW84 wasnt very good but I am not sure I am ready to tie it to Batman and Robin. More like Thor: Dark World. 

Dark World was just boring and pointless.

There wasnt anything in the movie as mind boggingly stupid as the whole Steve Trevor debacle.

Maybe its not as bad as B&R overall...hard to say without seeing it in full.   Regardless, WW had enough promise to perhaps help carry the DCEU to a brighter future...but instead its just another huge DC letdown.

I just find it funny how every time there is a decent DCEU movie, people act like its a turning point....but then an anticipated movie bombs, and we are right back to asking "WTF?".

Despite over 8 years worth of DCEU movies, nothing has really been accomplished.   Just utter incompetence.

20 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Agreed, WW84 was shyt. Horrid pacing with so many plot holes, I'm surprised none of the actors fell through them and broke their neck during filming. If you're only gonna have 15-20 or so minutes of action in a 2 and a half hour movie, then your characters better be hella interesting, and they weren't in the slightest. Clunky dialog and boring character arcs that go nowhere after that cheesy mall scene, which was cringey to watch.

And I def agree with you on the last one.

Hide contents

If the roles were reversed and Superman did this to a "body-swapped" Lois, there would rightfully be massive public outcry, especially if she'd gotten pregnant and the wish reversal happened before the 9 months. That's tantamount to forceful impregnation, which is rape by definition, and yet you actually have some people on the internet (I know because I've encountered them) saying it wasn't even though the guy Steve took over was pretty much comatose at that point and couldn't consent.

It just boggles my mind that, in a comic book movie universe, where there are almost countless ways of bringing characters back to life...this is the best they could come up with.    Its like bad fan fiction.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 43M said:

It just boggles my mind that, in a comic book movie universe, where there are almost countless ways of bringing characters back to life...this is the best they could come up with.    Its like bad fan fiction.

Hardly surprising coming from the same studio that thought up the "Martha" shyt in BvS and at one point were supposedly toying with the idea of a 12-year-old Huntress eating Black Mask's DPs out of a diamond in BoP. How the eff does that even happen, bad/pedophilic writing aside? 😅

40 minutes ago, 43M said:

Dark World was just boring and pointless.

There wasnt anything in the movie as mind boggingly stupid as the whole Steve Trevor debacle.

Maybe its not as bad as B&R overall...hard to say without seeing it in full.   Regardless, WW had enough promise to perhaps help carry the DCEU to a brighter future...but instead its just another huge DC letdown.

I just find it funny how every time there is a decent DCEU movie, people act like its a turning point....but then an anticipated movie bombs, and we are right back to asking "WTF?".

Despite over 8 years worth of DCEU movies, nothing has really been accomplished.   Just utter incompetence.

Just think about what the MCU accomplished in 11 years (Iron Man (2008) through Endgame (2019)) vs the crap fest WB has given us for the DCEU in 8 years.  Not to mention that despite losing a lot of the major starts of the first 3 phases, they are VERY well set up moving into the streaming era with MCU properties and continuing movies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Just think about what the MCU accomplished in 11 years (Iron Man (2008) through Endgame (2019)) vs the crap fest WB has given us for the DCEU in 8 years.  Not to mention that despite losing a lot of the major starts of the first 3 phases, they are VERY well set up moving into the streaming era with MCU properties and continuing movies.

You'd think WB would take the que too, considering they have HBOMax at their disposal

he's only been there since 2018 though, so his credits are:

Aquaman (good/successful)

Shazam! (good/successful)

Joker(great/successful)

Birds of Prey (mediocre to bad)

and WW84 (straight bad)

That aint terrible. 

Joker was great.  The rest were terrible.

• Like 1

he's only been there since 2018 though, so his credits are:

Aquaman (good/successful)

Shazam! (good/successful)

Joker(great/successful)

Birds of Prey (mediocre to bad)

and WW84 (straight bad)

That aint terrible. 

Aquaman was probably done by the time he took over.

Was Joker even a DC film?    It was based on a DC character, but I dont remember the DC logo at all on that movie.    

Id say this guy is probably just more of the same incompetence we have seen since the beginning.

9 hours ago, 43M said:

Aquaman was probably done by the time he took over.

Was Joker even a DC film?    It was based on a DC character, but I dont remember the DC logo at all on that movie.    

Id say this guy is probably just more of the same incompetence we have seen since the beginning.

Yes. Warner Bros. is listed as the production company, and the DC Comics logo was at the end.