DC Movie Universe

devils1854

I expect the Snyder cut to be a little better than the original, if only because the original was just an awful mess with conflicting tones and rushed sequences.    At the very least, this should be a little more consistent and the length should allow them to expand some development of the characters.

Still, I dont expect this to be anywhere close to what it should/could have been.     There are some issues that cannot be fixed, like poor casting (Lex, Flash) and poor decisions (like the main villain and killing Superman off to begin with).

Im a bit excited to see it, but my expectations are middling at best. 

Edited by 43M

51 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’m not sure they have yet. 

Just because they are putting this out on a streaming platform that they want to drum up viewership for doesn’t mean they are admitting anything. 

Pretty much did. Tried to force the movie into 2 hours with other restrictions and cuts. That failed miserably so they spent another $100M on a 4 hr movie.

52 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Pretty much did. Tried to force the movie into 2 hours with other restrictions and cuts. That failed miserably so they spent another $100M on a 4 hr movie.

Well a couple of things here, it’s again worth repeating that “the Snyder cut” was never a finished cut, hence the extra $100m. Which I believe is how many X more than he originally said he needed to finish it?

And again, this is more of a ploy to get people to sign up for HBO max than it is admitting anything. If it’s a hit, then sure they will say this is an option going forward (there’s a reason directors cuts have only been on DVD) but if it’s just a longer version of the same turd polished up? And on top of that if the majority of the #releasethesnydercut people just illegally watch it, and they don’t make that bump, they will make that very well known, and it will be a giant “told you so” forever going forward. 

Again, they had this money tabbed to go into HBO Max no matter what, they are now just banking on using this already established fan base/property than an extra couple of small stories  to produce without existing cannon. Don’t fall for the spin job 

On 2/14/2021 at 2:13 PM, 43M said:

I expect the Snyder cut to be a little better than the original, if only because the original was just an awful mess with conflicting tones and rushed sequences.    At the very least, this should be a little more consistent and the length should allow them to expand some development of the characters.

Still, I dont expect this to be anywhere close to what it should/could have been.     There are some issues that cannot be fixed, like poor casting (Lex, Flash) and poor decisions (like the main villain and killing Superman off to begin with).

Im a bit excited to see it, but my expectations are middling at best. 

That's WB for you. I know you and I both like to rip on them a lot, but this IS the same studio who greenlit the whole Steve Trevor-WW84 stuff and the Martha scene and the whole Gotham-Joker debacle. 

Yeah, it's not like you didn't already have 2 different film Jokers and multiple versions of Batman spanning across both film and TV, WB. You have friggin' Michael Keyton replacing Ben Affleck in the mainline DCEU who now might be getting his own standalone TV series with Robert Pattinson playing an elseworlds Batman AND Batman appearing in Titans and the Arrowverse all at the same time, but yet this is somehow "too confusing for audiences"? 🤣 GTFOOOH!

Oh, and in their latest round of idiocy, it looks like they spoiled the winner in the new GvK trailer. 🤦‍♂️ Because of course they did.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

That's WB for you. I know you and I both like to rip on them a lot, but this IS the same studio who greenlit the whole Steve Trevor-WW84 stuff and the Martha scene and the whole Gotham-Joker debacle. 

Yeah, it's not like you didn't already have 2 different film Jokers and multiple versions of Batman spanning across both film and TV, WB. You have friggin' Michael Keyton replacing Ben Affleck in the mainline DCEU who now might be getting his own standalone TV series with Robert Pattinson playing an elseworlds Batman AND Batman appearing in Titans and the Arrowverse all at the same time, but yet this is somehow "too confusing for audiences"? 🤣 GTFOOOH!

Oh, and in their latest round of idiocy, it looks like they spoiled the winner in the new GvK trailer. 🤦‍♂️ Because of course they did.

Its just sad how badly they dont get it.    Its basically what we see happening with Star Wars too...and what will likely eventually happen to the MCU.

You have people who get into control who either don't care or dont understand what fans want or what made these franchises and characters so special.   And it never ceases to amaze me how many laughably terrible writers continuously find work in Hollywood.    You can find better and more creative writers on fanfiction sites....and Im not even joking.

Nothings going to change.    DC might put out the occasional good movie, but thats really the best we can hope for.   My dream of a coherently connected universe of entertaining DC movies is pretty much dead.

So are we all just going to pretend that DC isn’t still trying to hastily create a DCU?

“The Young and the Restless” star Sasha Calle will play Supergirl in the upcoming “The Flash” movie from DC and Warner Bros.

Shaping to be Justice League 2 with all the characters they seem to keep adding.