DC Movie Universe

devils1854

10 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

So are we all just going to pretend that DC isn’t still trying to hastily create a DCU?

Shaping to be Justice League 2 with all the characters they seem to keep adding. 

Its probably going to fail hard.    As long as Ezra Miller is Flash, I have no interest in it.

20 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

How do they not get just adding in more and more characters is counter productive? Character development is what makes these movies great, not just spectacle, and if you throw in 8 new main-ish characters every movie, none of them get developed.

As well as not getting that the stuff they're trying to recreate (Death of Superman arc, JL) takes time to properly develop. Alas, they tried to shoehorn in these things before they were ready, and whadd'ya know? They were resounding failures. 

That's to say nothing of the whole Cavill mustache debacle, which they also brought upon themselves:

I get that Cavill wasn't in a great situation because of him not being allowed to shave his Fallout mustache in between movies, but was it really that hard for Whedon to just mesh MoS/BvS Cavill's face over it as opposed to digitally removing the 'stache? They did a good job CGI'ing T-800 Arnold's face over Roland Kickinger's for Terminator: Salvation and Brett Azar's for Dark Fate.

• Like 1

For once, WB may have done something right:

There's a few red flags here: it's a throwaway sentence in a 2 month old article by a guy who covers real estate and she just appeared in the trailer for JLSC, so it's quite unlikely as much as she deserves to be fired, cue the "cancel culture" BS, though I guess it's possible the negative reaction might've spurred WB to do so.

But IF this is legit, then to quote Joker, you get what you f'ing deserve.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

For once, WB may have done something right:

There's a few red flags here: it's a throwaway sentence in a 2 month old article by a guy who covers real estate and she just appeared in the trailer for JLSC, so it's quite unlikely as much as she deserves to be fired, cue the "cancel culture" BS, though I guess it's possible the negative reaction might've spurred WB to do so.

But IF this is legit, then to quote Joker, you get what you f'ing deserve.

I absolutely loathe cancel culture, regardless of who its aimed at.

However, this is closer to justice or karma since she essentially got Johnny Depp cancelled.    Dont get me wrong, Depp seems like a POS too....but by most accounts, Heard is a despicable, abusive sociopath herself, so if he went down, she deserved to go down with him.

Good riddance.  

Unfortunately, the DCEU will still suck.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 43M said:

However, this is closer to justice or karma since she essentially got Johnny Depp cancelled.    Dont get me wrong, Depp seems like a POS too....but by most accounts, Heard is a despicable, abusive sociopath herself, so if he went down, she deserved to go down with him.

Good riddance.  

Agreed on all points. 

10 hours ago, 43M said:

Good riddance.  

Except it's not cancel culture. There's a distinct difference between cancelling someone for their political beliefs or making racy jokes and people being held accountable for actually abusing others. If you're gonna cry cancel culture at this, you might as well cry cancel culture at Greg Hardy's career being derailed.

Oh and BTW the judge in Depp's defamation trial's son actually works for a company owned by The Sun who Depp happened to be suing. Yeah, no conflict of interest there whatsoever.

But if true, then this pretty much confirms the Snyder Cut isn't canon since we all know she's in it.

1 minute ago, KManX89 said:

Except it's not cancel culture. There's a distinct difference between cancelling someone for their political beliefs or making racy jokes and people being held accountable for actually abusing others. If you're gonna cry cancel culture at this, you might as well cry cancel culture at Greg Hardy's career being derailed.

????

I stated this is more like karma or justice.

Main reason I brought up cancel culture is because some people are claiming that she got cancelled the same way Depp did.

Cancel culture is about pressuring a company or employer to fire someone you dont like.    Scumbag Disney fired Depp quickly but WB didnt want to fire Heard, mainly because a bunch of angry squealing losers cried about Depp being a woman beater, but ignored the evidence incriminating her.

Did Depp deserve to be canned?   Maybe...but cancel culture still got him fired.   Lets face it, Hollywood and sports are rife with scumbags...but not all of them get cancelled.    Its selective outrage.

I think Heard was fired ultimately because of public pressure as well....so it could still technically be labeled as cancel culture, since Im not sure WB wouldve fired her otherwise.

1 minute ago, KManX89 said:

But if true, then this pretty much confirms the Snyder Cut isn't canon since we all know she's in it.

It could still be canon in the same way Hulk is still canon in the MCU with Ed Norton as Hulk.

Mera is still a character in the universe.   Just be a different actress.

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Canon?  Nothing is canon with WB.

Also, new Superman in development.  JJ Abrams is attached.  Is it possible this kicks off an established universe and we get what we deserve?

No.

So you take parts of the universe you have (WW, Aquaman, Flash) add in new components (Abrams Superman), ignore old ones (Batfleck, Cavill), and leave Pattinson and Phoenix in these lone unknown universes? I assume new Suicide Squad is in, and old one doesn't count. 

I'm confused. 

39 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So you take parts of the universe you have (WW, Aquaman, Flash) add in new components (Abrams Superman), ignore old ones (Batfleck, Cavill), and leave Pattinson and Phoenix in these lone unknown universes? I assume new Suicide Squad is in, and old one doesn't count. 

I'm confused. 

Meh with WW2 and the Heard stuff w/ Aquaman the need to hang onto these continuities is fast eroding. If the Flash movie burns it all down that would be ideal. Reboot with Flashpoint. Everything starts anew with this Abrams Superman and the Pattison Batflick. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Meh with WW2 and the Heard stuff w/ Aquaman the need to hang onto these continuities is fast eroding. If the Flash movie burns it all down that would be ideal. Reboot with Flashpoint. Everything starts anew with this Abrams Superman and the Pattison Batflick. 

I think there is too much love for Gal Gadot as WW that they won't throw her away. Plus didn't they fast track 3?

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think there is too much love for Gal Gadot as WW that they won't throw her away. Plus didn't they fast track 3?

Le sigh... yes

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/wonder-woman-3-gal-gadot-patty-jenkins-1234875194/

However it is being touted as the conclusion so by the time Flashpoint is out and done with maybe the timing works out well enough that this version of WW wraps and we can start from scratch a few years down the road with a new 52 WW after Abram's supes flick is out. 

• Like 1

At this point, I just want to see how much harder DC can fail.

Abrhams is a massive POS and laughably overrated, and the rumored writer is even worse.

**** DC and their pandering.    Cant wait to watch it fail, just like all of their super cringey garbage CW shows.

Edited by 43M