DC Movie Universe

devils1854

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Meh with WW2 and the Heard stuff w/ Aquaman the need to hang onto these continuities is fast eroding. If the Flash movie burns it all down that would be ideal. Reboot with Flashpoint. Everything starts anew with this Abrams Superman and the Pattison Batflick. 

Abrhams Superman will bomb hard.   Of this I have little doubt.

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Coates is amazing, I will not stand for slander on him. 

But youre perfectly fine with his slander of others?

Him and Abrhams are both clowns.    I can already imagine the type of movie it will be, and I promise you, if I am anywhere close to right, it will fail....spectacularly.   It always does.

Beyond that, despite how poorly the character has been used, most people seem to really want Cavill to stay as Supes.  He isnt the issue.   The issue is WB doesnt know how to use these characters or know/care what fans want from the DCEU.   This announcement just proves that even more.  

Edited by 43M

Is there a chance that the MCU is just a once in a lifetime thing? That Feige is just that one dude who could have pulled this universe stuff off (finding the right people/directors, fending off the suits, and has a deep love/understanding of the source material)?

Some of you seem way to mad about everything DC. Sure it’s disappointing that the DCU has never worked, but they put out good stuff before “Universes” we’re ever a thing. Maybe we should start there, enjoy the good movies they do have, and then see where they can go from there? Maybe a good trilogy? And then maybe one day connect them to more.....

It just feels like some of you are putting way too much into this 

• Like 1

Literally the last thing DC needed was to continue to dive into the virtue signaling route. Write competent stories. That's where the focus needs to lie. I can't imagine it will be connected to these other things though so not really sure how important a likely one-off will be.

I'm even more concerned about the Batman rumors. If Pattinson is the disaster he's been described as and Reeves bows out after one movie I'm going to be pissed. This is easily the biggest role of his life, he should be doing everything possible to make this movie incredible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm even more concerned about the Batman rumors. If Pattinson is the disaster he's been described as and Reeves bows out after one movie I'm going to be pissed. This is easily the biggest role of his life, he should be doing everything possible to make this movie incredible.

I really hope you’re not freaking out about 4chan rumors.....

As for previously reported stuff, like from back in October, feels like they were bubbled up by less than the most reputable sources, and never really expounded upon by any of the big guns.

I’m sorry but Pattinson just filmed with Christopher Nolan and not a single peep about this kind of stuff. And he did the Lighthouse with Willem Defoe, and nothing was ever said. If he got through working with those types, very recently, I have a hard time buying that now this is a “complete Disaster”

Literally the last thing DC needed was to continue to dive into the virtue signaling route. Write competent stories. That's where the focus needs to lie. I can't imagine it will be connected to these other things though so not really sure how important a likely one-off will be.

Not sure why they would dump Cavill if this were just a one off.  Much like the Joker, it might be planned as a one off, but if it succeeded, it would probably go beyond that.    However, the Joker was a brillant character piece, and unfortunately, I have a good idea of what we are likely to get from this.

But I completely disagree with the idea that DC should quit diving down the virtue signaling rabbit hole.   After all, its worked so well for their comics and CW shows.

Sucks....because after the trailer, I was warming up to Pattinson as Batman.    But its par for the course for DC films.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

I really hope you’re not freaking out about 4chan rumors.....

As for previously reported stuff, like from back in October, feels like they were bubbled up by less than the most reputable sources, and never really expounded upon by any of the big guns.

I’m sorry but Pattinson just filmed with Christopher Nolan and not a single peep about this kind of stuff. And he did the Lighthouse with Willem Defoe, and nothing was ever said. If he got through working with those types, very recently, I have a hard time buying that now this is a “complete Disaster”

Its more than just 4chan rumors.

And it apparently has to do with RPs reluctance or unwillingness to put in the work needed to get into Batman shape.   As good as the Batman trailer looked, Pattinson didn't look like he was in great shape.   

Im not saying I 100% believe it, but I wouldnt be the least bit shocked.

11 minutes ago, 43M said:

Its more than just 4chan rumors.

And it apparently has to do with RPs reluctance or unwillingness to put in the work needed to get into Batman shape.   As good as the Batman trailer looked, Pattinson didn't look like he was in great shape.   

Im not saying I 100% believe it, but I wouldnt be the least bit shocked.

That is from like October, and once again, has not been expounded upon by anyone that i trust when it comes to these things.

The 4chan rumor is something else completely that sounds like it was made by Twilight FanFic writers

Do I believe that Pattinson and Reeves have butted heads? Sure happens all the time. But I’m saying if RP has worked well enough with some High Profile and very controlling people (actors and directors) and there hasn’t been a single peep about this type of behavior, then either Matt Reeves is a thin skinned weenie (which I also don’t believe) or this is the kind of stuff that is constantly made up or at the very least overblown about high profile Comic Book films, especially Batman Films.

Honestly, if Reeves ever thought RP was going to be able to get as big as that stuntman he cast for him, then he was completely out of his mind. Pattinson could have put on 50lbs of pure muscle an still looked like a twig next to that guy. And honestly, the thinner more svelte Batman is kind of refreshing, especially since this is only supposed to be about Year 2 in the Career of the Caped Crusader. That’s obviously my opinion, but in todays world, I could go to 4chan/Reddit, say I have a source on RPatts side, claim that Reeves was being unreasonable, and that thing catches wildfire and is taken as gospel on half the “reporting sites” by the end of the week, because all that matters is clicks, not truth. Just saying.

11 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

That is from like October, and once again, has not been expounded upon by anyone that i trust when it comes to these things.

The 4chan rumor is something else completely that sounds like it was made by Twilight FanFic writers

Do I believe that Pattinson and Reeves have butted heads? Sure happens all the time. But I’m saying if RP has worked well enough with some High Profile and very controlling people (actors and directors) and there hasn’t been a single peep about this type of behavior, then either Matt Reeves is a thin skinned weenie (which I also don’t believe) or this is the kind of stuff that is constantly made up or at the very least overblown about high profile Comic Book films, especially Batman Films.

Honestly, if Reeves ever thought RP was going to be able to get as big as that stuntman he cast for him, then he was completely out of his mind. Pattinson could have put on 50lbs of pure muscle an still looked like a twig next to that guy. And honestly, the thinner more svelte Batman is kind of refreshing, especially since this is only supposed to be about Year 2 in the Career of the Caped Crusader. That’s obviously my opinion, but in todays world, I could go to 4chan/Reddit, say I have a source on RPatts side, claim that Reeves was being unreasonable, and that thing catches wildfire and is taken as gospel on half the “reporting sites” by the end of the week, because all that matters is clicks, not truth. Just saying.

I guess we will find out sooner or later.

This isnt necessarily about Pattinson being a diva or hard to work with.   Its seemingly about his dedication to Matt Reeves vision of the character.

Again, I dont know if this is true or not.    Like I said, time will tell.     However, citing him working with other directors and actors doesnt really mean anything in regards to this.      None of those other roles were on this level in regard to how high profile it is and how physically demanding it is.  

I hope it all works out.    That first trailer got me excited.   

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Exactly, Michael Keaton remains the best Batman in my opinion (and the opinion of many)

dd1ca596bbde797428806a862181ac34.jpg

Lol.  You do realize that post-Deniro’s Raging Bull there has been an industry shift towards realism in fitness levels for actors?

That actors such as Helmsworth and even Paul Rudd go through extreme workout regiments as well as literally dangerous, dehydrating measures for shirtless scenes in order to look the part of superheros?

Saying it’s okay for an actor playing Batman to look like a twig is like saying it’s okay for a 300 pound woman to play a bulimic anorexic.

Used to be big guys, medium guys, small guys from about 1900-1970.  Then the industry changed.  Just like cell phones lost the antenna.  Like video stores went digital.

The further we went from Raging Bull, the less acceptable it got for actors to not look the part.

They literally have these aspects in their contracts.  Asking someone getting paid millions to play their alleged dream role to get fit for that role is not asking too much.

Nobody is asking for Batfleck levels of fitness.  What Ben Affleck did was extremely admirable.  He clearly has an extreme and real love for Batman.

What Pattinson is doing is laziness.