DC Movie Universe

devils1854

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Do you believe in miracles?

People are ignoring how much of a failure the Snyder verse has been since his FOUR HOUR cut was decent.   And his ideas going forward sounded pretty awful (Supermans son becoming Batman?  FFS...).

The ONLY reason Id want the Snyderverse to continue is because the alternatives are likely to be much worse....which is beyond pathetic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 43M said:

People are ignoring how much of a failure the Snyder verse has been since his FOUR HOUR cut was decent.   And his ideas going forward sounded pretty awful (Supermans son becoming Batman?  FFS...)

I enjoyed the Snyder verse. *Shrug*

I also don't see why that's some awful idea. *Shrug*

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I enjoyed the Snyder verse. *Shrug*

Nothing wrong with enjoying it for what it is, but no one can objectively say it was a well thought out universe with a consistent quality and narrative.

I enjoyed elements of the Snyderverse as well, but it was a complete trainwreck that never had any real direction or endgame (pun intended).

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I also don't see why that's some awful idea. *Shrug*

Because it just feels like another typical square peg-round hole Snyder idea.   He understands these characters better than most of the people at WB it seems, which is sad because he doesnt really understand them that well either....nor doesnt he understand what fans want.

Beyond that, he already essentially stated what his ideas were for the complete story....so now what?   Does he just give people his original vision even though he basically stated alot of what would happen, or does he come up with a new story?

Ive seen multiple people state that what Marvel did was extremely hard, but thats not exactly true.   Yes, its hard to keep the same actors on board for that long, and yes, IN HOLLYWOOD (especially now) its hard to find quality writers that actually understand and care enough about the source material and what fans want to put together a strong, cohesive universe over a 10+ year span.

However, if WB actually gave a **** about these characters and the DC brand, they couldve made something much better, and it wouldnt have been all that hard.    Im not saying it would be as good as the MCU....but it wouldnt be hard at all to do it in a much more cohesive manner that was both more widely appealing to fans AND more lucrative.

Hell, even just a few major and minor tweaks to the existing universe couldve made it so much better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I think we should start demanding The Whedon Cut.  I want to see what Whedon could do with 2 more hours of narrative.

Uhh...no thank you.

I get where you are coming from, but after watching both cuts, his stuff was easily the worst parts of the original.     Giving it more time wouldnt have helped matters much.    Certain things may have made more sense, sure....but the movie overall still wouldve been a trainwreck since he didnt understand the characters at all, and the tone of the movie wouldnt have fit in with the others.  It was so bad, it actually made me appreciate Snyder, even though he has been largely bad.    I wont just blame Whedon for that....I blame WB too....but Whedon was clearly out of his element. 

Beyond that, Whedon seems like a pretty sleazy dude.

Anyway....here are some of the worst parts of the Josstice League.     I honestly dont see how giving Whedon a 4 hour cut would help much.   Again, yes, the story wouldve been more coherent, but everything else wouldve still been terrible.    The Snyder cut being 4 hours wasnt the only thing that was better.   All of the worst parts were taken out....and they just happened to be Whedon's.

Edited by 43M

23 minutes ago, 43M said:

Uhh...no thank you.

I get where you are coming from, but after watching both cuts, his stuff was easily the worst parts of the original.     Giving it more time wouldnt have helped matters much.    Certain things may have made more sense, sure....but the movie overall still wouldve been a trainwreck since he didnt understand the characters at all, and the tone of the movie wouldnt have fit in with the others.  It was so bad, it actually made me appreciate Snyder, even though he has been largely bad.    I wont just blame Whedon for that....I blame WB too....but Whedon was clearly out of his element. 

Beyond that, Whedon seems like a pretty sleazy dude.

Anyway....here are some of the worst parts of the Josstice League.     I honestly dont see how giving Whedon a 4 hour cut would help much.   Again, yes, the story wouldve been more coherent, but everything else wouldve still been terrible.    The Snyder cut being 4 hours wasnt the only thing that was better.   All of the worst parts were taken out....and they just happened to be Whedon's.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZdQdqEpVXpuqQtbA7H_l

17 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZdQdqEpVXpuqQtbA7H_l

Well, there are some people Ive seen argue that Whedon couldve made the movie just as good if given the same opportunity.....so I wasnt sure if you were joking or not. 

13 minutes ago, 43M said:

Well, there are some people Ive seen argue that Whedon couldve made the movie just as good if given the same opportunity.....so I wasnt sure if you were joking or not. 

Now, I wouldn't say just as good, but it would certainly be better than what we got in 2017

• Like 3

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Now, I wouldn't say just as good, but it would certainly be better than what we got in 2017

The story wouldve been more coherent....probably.   Sure, from that standpoint, it likely wouldve been notably better.

However, I think in many ways, it couldve been worse, because as I said....Whedon didnt understand the characters and forced alot of unfunny, shallow humor into it.   I could barely sit through the 2.5 hour cut.    Another 1.5 hours wouldve been pretty unbearable. 

46 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If they let him make his own vision, I doubt it looks anything similar to 2017 at all.  he inherited the Snyder cut, but took parts in different directions.  

Give him the ability to make his own movie and I wonder how any of it turns out, because he wouldn't be saddled with what Snyder already did.

12 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

If they let him make his own vision, I doubt it looks anything similar to 2017 at all.  he inherited the Snyder cut, but took parts in different directions.  

Give him the ability to make his own movie and I wonder how any of it turns out, because he wouldn't be saddled with what Snyder already did.

He would have made a carbon copy of The Avengers, which would have been horribly disappointing.

• Like 1