DC Movie Universe

devils1854

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Its really good. The tone is radically different than the other CW fair 

I did catch the first episode, and it was okay.   Nothing special, but better than most of the CW stuff.

20 minutes ago, 43M said:

I did catch the first episode, and it was okay.   Nothing special, but better than most of the CW stuff.

it gains steam. It seems much more... prime time tv as opposed to the CW fair. More down to earth themes with Superman being secondary to it. It still falls prey to CW fair from time to time but it is worth the watch IMO

• Like 1

Just another great example of how WB bungled everything. 

Terrio says Zack Snyder’s Justice League, which was recently released on HBO Max, is an excellent representation of the film he and Snyder set out to make. He doesn’t have a bad thing to say about Snyder but does admit that even when Snyder was on board, the film wasn’t a walk in the park.

“The Wonder Woman script wasn’t even finished when I wrote Justice League,” Terrio said. “So I had no basis to write Wonder Woman other than Batman/Superman. Themyscira didn’t even exist. I was never shown anything on the page for it. I didn’t know whether people could talk underwater. That was a thing that I had to ask, because I didn’t know if I could do underwater scenes with Aquaman and Atlanteans. It was all just from scratch because there had been no [solo] character films.”

https://io9.gizmodo.com/joss-whedon-changed-justice-league-so-much-its-screenw-1846644801

So, for the first time in years, I went back and watched "Superman Returns".    The movie was considered average and rather boring, because it was.....but damn, I wouldve LOVED to have seen Brandon Routh get more chances as Superman.   He was terrific.   Its really upsetting that WB keeps ruining Superman and wasting great actors in those roles.   First they destroyed the Christoper Reeves Superman with Superman 3 and 4.   They they tried to continue the Reeves franchise with Superman Returns, and found an AWESOME replacement in Routh, but come up with an extremely boring story that failed to grab people....and then just gave up on it, despite having the perfect actor to build a franchise with.    THEN, they find another amazing Superman in Cavill, but have proceeded to treat him like crap too.     Now, WB is planning to reboot Superman into Superwoke and dumping on the character once again.

Superman was never my FAVORITE character and I get why he doesnt have the same appeal he did 25+ years ago, but he could, at the very least, be the Thor of the DCEU.   Meaning, if they actually cared, they could build him up along with the other Justice League members to the point where people are invested in.    They certainly did a good job of picking the actors for the Superman role, but they have utterly failed to use them.

This is beating a dead horse....I get it.   We all know about the incompetence that has plagued WB and their use of DC characters for a LONG time.     My main point was just to say how annoyed I am that they completely wasted Brandon Routh, but it always seems to turn into more than that.   😡

• Like 1

Yeah, Routh was stellar as Atom on the DC shows too, I have no doubt he could have excelled had he been given better material and follow ups.  The problem is Warner Brothers doesn't look beyond the next quarters profits.  The reason the MCU works is the long term storytelling and commitment, and by long term, i'm talking decades, not fiscal quarters.

Cavill might be my favorite Superman, but like you said, WB is mucking it up once again.  He should be finishing up a (pre-planned from the start) trilogy of his own movies by now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Deadpulse I got HBO Max I’m gonna need that list of animated Batman movies to watch again.

And any connected DC movies.

Like is Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons connected to any of the Batman movies?

What about The Death of Superman?

Deathstroke isnt, Death of Superman is. Here is the whole list in order with the Bat flicks highlighted:

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)
Justice League: War (2014)
Son of Batman (2014)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (2015)
Batman vs. Robin (2015)
Batman: Bad Blood (2016)

Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016)
Justice League Dark (2017)
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (2017)
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018)
The Death of Superman (2018)
Constantine: City of Demons (2018)
Reign of the Supermen (2019)
Batman: Hush (2019)
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (2019)
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020)

Im really big on the first three Batman entries, JL Flashpoint and War, and Death and Reign of Superma(e)n. 

• Like 2