DC Movie Universe

devils1854

16 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Deathstroke isnt, Death of Superman is. Here is the whole list in order with the Bat flicks highlighted:

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)
Justice League: War (2014)
Son of Batman (2014)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (2015)
Batman vs. Robin (2015)
Batman: Bad Blood (2016)

Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016)
Justice League Dark (2017)
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (2017)
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018)
The Death of Superman (2018)
Constantine: City of Demons (2018)
Reign of the Supermen (2019)
Batman: Hush (2019)
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (2019)
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020)

Im really big on the first three Batman entries, JL Flashpoint and War, and Death and Reign of Superma(e)n. 

Will watch all of these in order.

Are there any other good ones worth watching that I could maybe pretend are connected?  Maybe all the good ones before Flash Point, assuming that movie messes with timelines?

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Will watch all of these in order.

Are there any other good ones worth watching that I could maybe pretend are connected?  Maybe all the good ones before Flash Point, assuming that movie messes with timelines?

Maybe Justice League: Doom (Batman's last line in this flick is such a definable character moment I love it), Batman: Under the Red Hood, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, and All-Star Superman. The Dark Returns is very good but no way of pretending it is related. Another interesting one that isnt at all related would be Justice League: The New Frontier, but it isnt for everyone. Its a love letter to the Silver Age of comics. 

I always kinda viewed the Flash Point Paradox as a restart of the old JL cartoons from the late 90s early 2000s plus Batman the Animated Series and the Superman cartoon as well. However that is just my own head cannon because I grew up on those series. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Deathstroke isnt, Death of Superman is. Here is the whole list in order with the Bat flicks highlighted:

Son of Batman (2014)
Batman vs. Robin (2015)

Im really big on the first three Batman entries, JL Flashpoint and War, and Death and Reign of Superma(e)n. 

I think I'm gonna knock these out this week. I'm not a huge animated (anything) guy but these might do it. Are they all on HBO Max?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Son of Batman (2014)
Batman vs. Robin (2015)

Think my favorite of these were Throne of Atlantis, War, and Reign of the Supermen. Least favorite were JLDark, Judas Contract, and Bad Blood.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Just saw Zach Snyder say he wanted to name B v S “Son of Sun and Knight of Night”

dude get out of your own way

I feel comfortable saying that any story Snyder wanted to tell that wasn't 4 hours with 3 years of hindsight and reactions to tweak it was going to be a complete dumpster fire.  What happens to the Snyder cut if you cut the run time to 3 hours?  Or even 2.5 hours?

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I feel comfortable saying that any story Snyder wanted to tell that wasn't 4 hours with 3 years of hindsight and reactions to tweak it was going to be a complete dumpster fire.  What happens to the Snyder cut if you cut the run time to 3 hours?  Or even 2.5 hours?

Yeah. 

Snyder is garbage.

Im getting annoyed with Restore the Snyderverse stuff just because his Justice League cut was pretty good....not great, though.

Man of Steel was soild, but showed a fundamental misunderstanding of the character from top to bottom.

BvS was a mess that basically destroyed any hopes of a great universe under his direction.   Again, it showed a fundamental misunderstanding of both Batman and Superman....although I did love Batmans brutal brawling style (not the killing).

Justice League Snyder Cut was good for what it was....but it wouldnt have been if you cut it down to normal movie run time.

As Ive said...the ONLY reason I have any desire to see the Snyderverse continue is because many of the alternatives are worse.   Id much rather see MoS2 directed by Zach Snyder than a new Superman by Abrhams and that scumbag they got to write it.

18 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I've been hammering through "Justice League" and "Justice League: Unlimited" now that they're on HBO Max.

Amazing shows. Batman sitting with one of the royal flush gang near the end of the series waiting to die was powerful stuff.