DC Movie Universe

devils1854

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

This is more DC related 

😂

I wait until the season is over before watching an episode. But this looks bad even for CW. I've heard several people are leaving the show. It's time the give it a proper sendoff like they did with Arrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

To be fair, the one you started with and the 'dumb' one are absolutely the right calls.

I pretty much agree.   

If anything, it was stupid that they ever even greenlit movies like New Gods before they showed any ability to develop their top characters.   New Gods wouldve flopped hard.

The Ayer cut isnt necessary.   I dont believe that Ayers version would improve on SS the way Snyders version improved Josstice League because Suicide Squad, while bad, wasnt the jumbled trainwreck JL was.    The issues with SS arent going to be fixed with an extended cut.       The reason it worked for JL was because the tone was so off in the Whedon cut and the story didnt make sense.      The Snyder cut fixed those.     The tone was fine for Suicide Squad, but the story was just bad and they made the movie far sooner than they should have (shouldve introduced Harley and Joker (not Leto) in a Batman movie and went from there.

As far as not continuing the Snyderverse....Im torn.    The Snyder verse was largely an incoherent mess, and the decent Snyder cut of JL doesnt change that.....BUT for as weak and incoherent as the Snyderverse was, I think its pretty evident that Snyder himself isnt the biggest issue with why DC is failing so hard, and I think its going to get much worse without him.  

Essentially, while I'd rather see a HARD reboot of the entire DCEU, its not going to matter with the people they have running the show. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 3:23 AM, 43M said:

The Ayer cut isnt necessary.   I dont believe that Ayers version would improve on SS the way Snyders version improved Josstice League because Suicide Squad, while bad, wasnt the jumbled trainwreck JL was.    The issues with SS arent going to be fixed with an extended cut.       The reason it worked for JL was because the tone was so off in the Whedon cut and the story didnt make sense.      The Snyder cut fixed those.     The tone was fine for Suicide Squad, but the story was just bad and they made the movie far sooner than they should have (shouldve introduced Harley and Joker (not Leto) in a Batman movie and went from there.

Not necessarily true. The original cut, or "Ayer Cut" in this case was recut by a trailer company, which says a lot about DC's decision making in and of itself, and caused a lot of jarring editing issues, including yes, tone. Like Josstice League, it also has trouble deciding what it wants to be with pipped-in humor/campiness (because it worked so well for Stallone's Judge Dredd movie, right, WB? Lol). Ayer's original cut was reportedly a lot darker and, while it wouldn't have necessarily "saved" the film, it was supposedly vastly different.

Edited by KManX89

12 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Not necessarily true. The original cut, or "Ayer Cut" in this case was recut by a trailer company, which says a lot about DC's decision making in and of itself, and caused a lot of jarring editing issues, including yes, tone. Like Josstice League, it also has trouble deciding what it wants to be with pipped-in humor/campiness (because it worked so well for Stallone's Judge Dredd movie, right, WB? Lol). Ayer's original cut was reportedly a lot darker and, while it wouldn't have necessarily "saved" the film, it was supposedly vastly different.

Leto's Joker would still suck and the rest of it isn't interesting or important enough to move forward with. It needs to die. DC needs to put all their attention on their current properties which are bordering on disaster already.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Leto's Joker would still suck and the rest of it isn't interesting or important enough to move forward with. It needs to die. DC needs to put all their attention on their current properties which are bordering on disaster already.

Honestly, I think the best course of action would be to scrap everything, even Gadot and Momoa as WW and AM, and kill the upcoming Pattinson The Batman movie.  Tear everything down to bare bones, and focus on unconnected animated features for the next 3-5 years. THEN.....

Re-cast a young batman, and go with an unknown.  Someone they can rope into like a 15 movie deal that they plan on making over the next 20 years.  Seriously.  Start with two Batman movies about young batman before you introduce anything else.  Pattinson doesn't seem remotely interested in being the long haul face of the DCEU as it should be, just move on.

After Batman, re-introduce Aquaman in a solo movie.  It may be a bit redundant so close to the Momoa movies, but he's a character you can flesh out while having very little impact on the surface world.

Then a Green Lantern movie that pipes down the stakes from what they tried with the Ryan Reynolds movie, something that introduces the character, gets through the backstory, and a good bit could be done off world, namely have the threat be off world even if the new lantern is from Earth.

Then a wonder woman movie with a similar formula, except go further back than WW1, like maybe even a couple thousand years and set it in Rome or some other power from antiquity. 

The last two solo movies before Justice league have to be Flash and Superman.  They are game changers in terms of what kind of threat you need for a team up, as realistically, they can handle most anything short of global catastrophe on their own.  So can GL, but like I stated above, his threat can be off world.  Maybe fold in a third Batman movie in the middle of all these intros and expand the rogues gallary.

Finally, have a non-Darkseid (or any of his direct minions) global threat that requires the creation of the League for Justice League.  In this movie, introduce one character (not several), Martian Manhunter.

Progress their various sequels after the first JL movies, introduce some periphery characters and future league replacements, as one of the big ones will need to die at some point, if they are going to have any stakes.  And it shouldn't be Superman either, save that for later.  The second JL movie should be a Legion of Doom themed one, where the various villains work together to take down DC's seriously over powered heroes.  I'd recommend the second Superman movie being off world as well, so he can tear loose without Earth implications.

The third Superman movie should be Death of Supes with Doomsday, something like 10-12 years into the new DCEU leading into a whole phase of movies without him and get to his return in the third JL movie that is building up to Darkseid, and then the fourth and fifth JL movies should be the whole Darkseid saga.

Now take my 20 minutes of thinking about it and spend three years with 1-2 storyline architects and build your connected universe and do it proper WB, it's not nearly as hard as you are making it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

There are folks out there demanding Schumacher cuts of Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. 🤣

• Like 2