DC Movie Universe

devils1854

8 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Not necessarily true. The original cut, or "Ayer Cut" in this case was recut by a trailer company, which says a lot about DC's decision making in and of itself, and caused a lot of jarring editing issues, including yes, tone. Like Josstice League, it also has trouble deciding what it wants to be with pipped-in humor/campiness (because it worked so well for Stallone's Judge Dredd movie, right, WB? Lol). Ayer's original cut was reportedly a lot darker and, while it wouldn't have necessarily "saved" the film, it was supposedly vastly different.

The biggest problems I had with Suicide Squad were 1)  underdeveloped characters and stories due to packing too much in (a common theme in the DCEU), 2)  the Joker and 3)  it really shouldnt have been made when it was because it was just another forced move in a lazy attempt to catch up to Marvel.

Number 3 is merely my opinion, but its likely why issue 1 exists.     

Im sure WB execs helped ruin the Ayer Cut....they've ruined alot over the years.    But I dont think 1)  the Ayer cut would be as significant of an improvement as the Snyder cut was and 2)  I dont think the execs would allow another cut to prove how incompetent they are like the Snyder cut did.

10 hours ago, August4th said:

Still looks pretty awful.   Finished product might be decent (doubtful), but nothing about this interests me.  Idris Elba couldve been John Stewart....uggh.

Pretty much done with the DCEU.    Ill likely check out Batman, but thats probably it.  

Edited by 43M

8 hours ago, 43M said:

Still looks pretty awful.   Finished product might be decent (doubtful), but nothing about this interests me.  Idris Elba couldve been John Stewart....uggh.

Pretty much done with the DCEU.    Ill likely check out Batman, but thats probably it.  

I just cant disagree more. This looks like a really fun time, and I dont need it to "connect" to anything to enjoy it.

46 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I just cant disagree more. This looks like a really fun time, and I dont need it to "connect" to anything to enjoy it.

I think it looks like they did a better job with Flagg, and I think Elba and Cena look like they will do a solid job. The thing that I think will drag it down is the same tired re-hash of Harley Quinn yet again being pushed front and center.  That said, it still might be fun.  I won't pay money to watch it, but I may watch it at some point once it hits streaming.

In yet another episode of "WB done f*cked it up", they unceremoniously fired Michelle Borth from Shazam 2.

So let me get this straight: you fired Michelle Borth because "ZOMG BLM politics is too much to deal with" yet you keep the pathological liar, narcissist, abuser and perjurer, Scamber Turd who everybody hates (!) onboard?

WB gonna WB.

(Like we needed any more proof they're a bunch of brainless morons).

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 9:55 AM, StLunatic88 said:

I dont necessarily need it to connect, but this just doesn't look good. Joker didnt connect and I loved it.    Id probably be excited if I was a kid.   After all, I liked the colorful, corniness and bad acting in Power Rangers....and this is a similar vibe.

To each their own....but there is just nothing that draws me in.    None of the characters really excite me except maybe Shark.    Elba is being wasted in a generic role.   Robbie is an average at best Harley and always written horribly.   Flagg and Waller just feel tacked on.   Cena is such a bad actor.  

The action might be okay.

The writing and CGI, like everything other DC movie, is pretty embarrassing.

Maybe the movie will be better than the trailers, but that doesnt really excite me.

Edited by 43M

50 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

What DC movie post Nolan has been better than the trailer?

The first Wonder Woman. I remember watching the first trailer and thinking "This is all the worst parts of Thor 1 and The First Avenger rolled into a force fed female perspective". Happily wrong about that. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

The first Wonder Woman. I remember watching the first trailer and thinking "This is all the worst parts of Thor 1 and The First Avenger rolled into a force fed female perspective". Happily wrong about that. 

I actually thought the original WW trailer was decent and thought the movie was decent too.

Honestly, the Snyder cut is probably the only movie that I liked more than the trailer.   I never expected the Snyder Cut would make the difference it did with Justice League.

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I still consider WW to be the 2nd best movie of the DCEU behind Man of Steel, but I it has aged poorly for me on repeat views.  There are a LOT of storytelling issues and is much more about moments over storytelling.

6 hours ago, 43M said:

Honestly, the Snyder cut is probably the only movie that I liked more than the trailer.   I never expected the Snyder Cut would make the difference it did with Justice League.

100% the Snyder cut is better than the theatrical release, but mostly because it had 4 hours to tell a story as opposed to a little over 2.  If Snyder had to cut that down to even a 3 hour theatrical release, I think it falls apart, and even the 4 hour version I would call average and still have MoS and WW above it. Possibly Shazam and Aquaman as well, but there is at least a discussion there.