DC Movie Universe

devils1854

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

I dont even remember a "perfect casting" from DC....at least on paper.   There are guys that TURNED OUT to be nearly perfect castings like Heath Ledger and Cillian Murphy, but not many that people were like "thats perfect" from the get go.

I thought Cavill had the perfect look for Superman, and still do.   That's likely the closest in the DCEU.    There hasnt been a casting as perfect as RDJ as Tony Stark or JK Simmons as Jonah Jameson, though.

My definition of 'perfect casting' probably differs from the norm. I was in the minority and loved the Affleck casting. Also thought Jeremy Irons and Margot Robbie were perfect choices.

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

My definition of 'perfect casting' probably differs from the norm. I was in the minority and loved the Affleck casting. Also thought Jeremy Irons and Margot Robbie were perfect choices.

Fair enough.

Affleck got more heat than he deserved.   He was a soild casting.   I just wanted a younger actor.

Margot Robbie was a perfect Harley on paper....forgot about her....even though I havent liked her actual performances.

43 minutes ago, 43M said:

Fair enough.

Affleck got more heat than he deserved.   He was a soild casting.   I just wanted a younger actor.

Margot Robbie was a perfect Harley on paper....forgot about her....even though I havent liked her actual performances.

Viola Davis too. Forgot about her.

5 hours ago, 43M said:

I dont even remember a "perfect casting" from DC....at least on paper.   There are guys that TURNED OUT to be nearly perfect castings like Heath Ledger and Cillian Murphy, but not many that people were like "thats perfect" from the get go.

I thought Cavill had the perfect look for Superman, and still do.   That's likely the closest in the DCEU.    There hasnt been a casting as perfect as RDJ as Tony Stark or JK Simmons as Jonah Jameson, though.

Since Arnold ushered in the ice age it’s been nothing but downhill for DC.

Last 15 years though, Margot as Harley is probably the closest. Or actually Viola Davis as Waller might be the best one. It’s weird that they both were introduced in what many would call the worst movie.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m watching Suicide Squad now wanting to find reasons to hate it.

But I cannot.

First ten minutes and I’m like…

Crap.

This is Gunn at his most indulgent and unrestricted.

I hate that DC won’t do a hard R connected universe.

Yeah that opinion changed fast lol

• 2 weeks later...

Word on the street is: WB scrapped Justice League sequel for an all-female Justice League:

I know Armin from ComicBookCast isn't the more credible and it might just be another one of his cooked-up "rumors" (I can't find ANY articles to back this up), but this is something I could TOTALLY see WB doing. Because WB is WB and WB are a bunch of flipping morons who don't know WTF they're doing with the DCEU. Or they just hate money. A Justice League movie without Batman or Superman, WTF? LOL. 🤣

7 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Word on the street is: WB scrapped Justice League sequel for an all-female Justice League:

I know Armin from ComicBookCast isn't the more credible and it might just be another one of his cooked-up "rumors" (I can't find ANY articles to back this up), but this is something I could TOTALLY see WB doing. Because WB is WB and WB are a bunch of flipping morons who don't know WTF they're doing with the DCEU. Or they just hate money. A Justice League movie without Batman or Superman, WTF? LOL. 🤣

Bingo. 

edit: to extrapolate, I don't think it's a bad thing if they wanted to give a Batgirl, WW, Superwoman movie a go, I just wouldn't call it/make it the Justice League 2 movie... 

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Bingo. 

edit: to extrapolate, I don't think it's a bad thing if they wanted to give a Batgirl, WW, Superwoman movie a go, I just wouldn't call it/make it the Justice League 2 movie... 

Its a terrible idea for a number of reasons.

If this ends up being true, I can only laugh.  WB never learns.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 43M said:

Apparently, they dropped sime new Batman footage recently at some conference.   Wonder if we'll get a new trailer soon.

I think we'll get a new trailer and behind the scenes footage at DC fanDome on OCT 16. the descriptions of the footage has me hyped, especially people saying Gotham is a character itself.

On 8/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, 43M said:

Its a terrible idea for a number of reasons.

If this ends up being true, I can only laugh.  WB never learns.

Yep, WB be like:

With how they treat their fans. 

And speaking of WB's idiocy, their CinemaCon panel is now over and still no drop for their Matrix Resurrections trailer. I get saving their new The Batman one for DC Fandome, but c'm'on, man, no excuse for still not releasing their Matrix 4 teaser online. It's common courtesy to release trailers online as soon as the show is over, even Sony released their NWH trailer once their panel ended, but WB likes to d!ck their fans over, so of course we still don't have a publicly-released trailer for MR.

Edited by KManX89

• 2 weeks later...

Not really related to the DCEU (well, it kinda is), but still found it funny nonetheless:

Idris-Elba-Bloodsport-Deadshot-Tweet.jpe

LOL, WB really are a bunch of brain-damaged idiots. Just further proof they don't know their own characters. Mistaking Bloodsport for Deadshot, you can't make this shyt up. 🤣

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1