DC Movie Universe

devils1854

34 minutes ago, 43M said:

I didnt think it felt that long.

There are shorter movies that have felt longer to me because they were just boring and I was waiting for it to be over.    Batman did drag a bit in the 3rd act, but most of it had me hooked enough that I wasn't paying attention to the runtime, thus it went quicker.

It breezed through the first and second time I saw it. When I watched it at home for a 3rd time was the only time it kinda felt that way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It breezed through the first and second time I saw it. When I watched it at home for a 3rd time was the only time it kinda felt that way.

Outside of maybe a few exceptions, I think almost any movie, especially a 2 hour plus one would drag after repeated viewings.

I myself watched it 3 times, but the 3rd time I was on the phone for and hour in the middle of it.   Still enjoyed it.

Movie wasnt perfect, and Pattinson absolutely isnt my ideal Batman, but I went into it cautiously optimistic and it actually exceeded my expectations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Not a chance, they're not just gonna eat $200mil when it sets up so many other movies going forward, including the return of Michael Keyton.

Yeah they aren’t going to just can it

They’d just probably throw it on HBO Max to recoup anything.

Other option would be replacing him in the shots, which would be expensive and look bad. Or trying to like “deep fake” the new actor in there. Or more likely a combo of the two.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Other option would be replacing him in the shots, which would be expensive and look bad. Or trying to like “deep fake” the new actor in there. Or more likely a combo of the two.

They couldnt even make Cavills face look believable when erasing his mustache.   Imagine how bad a deepfake would look.

They could keep Miller and do reshoots that have him change at the end, but I doubt that.

My guess is they keep him, the movie does enough to make 3/4 of its money back (if lucky) and they just recast him after with Dylan OBrien.   Just focus the marketing on everything but Miller and hope it intrigues viewers.

I hope it bombs though.   WB needs to learn a hard lesson after keeping Miller and Heard on board, even after it was clear they were both scum.

3 hours ago, 43M said:

They couldnt even make Cavills face look believable when erasing his mustache.   Imagine how bad a deepfake would look.

They could keep Miller and do reshoots that have him change at the end, but I doubt that.

My guess is they keep him, the movie does enough to make 3/4 of its money back (if lucky) and they just recast him after with Dylan OBrien.   Just focus the marketing on everything but Miller and hope it intrigues viewers.

I hope it bombs though.   WB needs to learn a hard lesson after keeping Miller and Heard on board, even after it was clear they were both scum.

Tech has come a long way since then, but yeah it’s be tough as a complete afterthought. The nice thing is they already have a 3d head for Ezra and probably some level of tracking for the suit

On 6/24/2022 at 6:42 PM, 43M said:

Yep:

4ll6cm.jpg

WB are scumbags who need to have their wallet hit after what they pulled and continue to pull (they still haven't so much as SAID anything yet after all of Ezra's shenanigans, which makes them complicit in his despicable actions). I won't be paying to see Aquaman 2 and after all this, I don't think I'll be paying to see The Flash, either, especially after the plot leak, which I usually don't read, but after Ezra (and, by extension WB for enabling/protecting him) left a bad taste in my mouth, I was like, what the hell and it just soured my distaste for this movie even more.

I guess I have Wonder Woman 3 to look forward to, but after the flustercuck that was WW84, I have little faith WB won't **** that up.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 2:47 PM, Kiltman said:

Or it could just be another youknowwhat situation where it causes people to unsub from HBO Max.

They take a chance no matter what they do, but I see it as them reaping what they sowed, see the above post. 

Edited by KManX89

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Yep:

4ll6cm.jpg

WB are scumbags who need to have their wallet hit after what they pulled and continue to pull (they still haven't so much as SAID anything yet after all of Ezra's shenanigans, which makes them complicit in his despicable actions). I won't be paying to see Aquaman 2 and after all this, I don't think I'll be paying to see The Flash, either, especially after the plot leak, which I usually don't read, but after Ezra (and, by extension WB for enabling/protecting him) left a bad taste in my mouth, I was like, what the hell and it just soured my distaste for this movie even more.

I guess I have Wonder Woman 3 to look forward to, but after the flustercuck that was WW84, I have little faith WB won't **** that up.

In reality, there is very little the Flash movie could have done to fix the current DCEU.

Honestly, outside of just completely rebooting the DCEU, the best thing they can do IMO to salvage something is have Black Adam and Shazam be part of an alternate universe and build the DCEU off of that.    They did establish Superman and other heroes exists in that universe, but they didn't show Cavill or anyone else (and I dont think they referenced events from other movies.   Release Flash and Aquaman 2 and just let that universe die there.   Recast everyone (or hell, you could keep Cavill and just have him be a "different" version) and just try to get everyone to forget how bad they screwed up.

Of course, they will probably cling to the false hope that they can fix all this, but they can't.   Even before the Ezra and Heard stuff, it was a lost cause.

• 2 weeks later...