DC Movie Universe

devils1854

Just when we thought it couldn’t get any worse:

Wow, WB really wants this film to flop, don’t they? So not only do they further inflate the budget to over $200m, they keep him in the film with all the bad PR and lost revenue he’ll give them. And helped him resist arrest while doing the reshoots, you can’t make this shyt up.

Like I said, the new management doesn’t matter, this supposed new regime is destined to fail all the same.

Edited by KManX89

9 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Wow, WB really wants this film to flop, don’t they? So not only do they further inflate the budget to over $200m, they keep him in the film with all the bad PR and lost revenue he’ll give them. And helped him resist arrest while doing the reshoots, you can’t make this shyt up.

Like I said, the new management doesn’t matter, this supposed new regime is destined to fail all the same.

Not trying to defend Miller at all here, but they haven't been evading arrest. Miller wasn't evading police at all.

What they were doing was probably lying to Vermont CPS, which is another huge issue though.

17 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I wonder if their insurance covers something like this. A stars post production actions tanking the film? I am no movie insurance expert. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Snyder's version is not only far superior, but you think they'd want to distance themselves from Joss Whedon as well.

You find it surprising that they refuse to distance themselves from an extremely slimy individual?

o.O

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I still contend if Snyder had to cut Justice League into a theatrical cut, it would have been every bit the cluster **** that Whedon's was.

While I largely agree, one of the things that made Whedons cut much worse were the terrible jokes and conflicting styles.    

31 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I still contend if Snyder had to cut Justice League into a theatrical cut, it would have been every bit the cluster **** that Whedon's was.

Depends on how long it could still be. A 3 hour cut would still easily work. A 2 hour cut? Nope, but it'd still be far better than the 2017 version.

33 minutes ago, August4th said:

will anyone here not watch the Flash because of Millers actions? I'm still gonna see it if its gets decent reviews.

I’ll watch it if it gets strong reviews. Won’t support it much though. I’ll do what I always do and watch it when I get HBO for a month to catch up on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

45 minutes ago, August4th said:

will anyone here not watch the Flash because of Millers actions? I'm still gonna see it if its gets decent reviews.

Thats the thing Ive always kind of chuckled at in this thread. The issues that most of you have against WB/DC, the vast majority of the public audience hardly know about, but most importantly really dont care about. 

Even the Ezra stuff, people think hes a whack job and a problem, but none of that impacted Fantastic Beasts. Now he wasnt the Title lead, but was for sure a large part of the franchise, and still plenty part of the film.

I agree with most of the sentiments posted in here about him (less so about Herd, shes not endangering anyone other than Depp who has his own issues) but I really dont think its going to hurt their box office as much as some of you want to infer, especially not any more than their treatment of the DC Universe already has

People have been handwaving celebrity behavior since before Hollywood was even a thing, and if they want to see a film, its unlikely that those type of extracurriculars will dissuade them, unless they were done against another celebrity, and even then...

This feels like a touch grass moment, most of the viewership of these blockbusters dont actually participate online regularly

Edited by StLunatic88

Ezra Miller is the same as every football player that gets arrested on my team. It won’t affect my enjoyment, but I rather them not be idiots.

That being said, it would need to get amazing reviews for me to see it in theaters, and I was really looking forward to it last year. That’s more due to WB/DC issues. I’m probably skipping  Shazam, Black Adam, Aquaman 2 as well. I’m not worried about spoilers, there’s no connecting universe. I can wait an extra month for it to be on streaming. 

22 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Thats the thing Ive always kind of chuckled at in this thread. The issues that most of you have against WB/DC, the vast majority of the public audience hardly know about, but most importantly really dont care about. 

Even the Ezra stuff, people think hes a whack job and a problem, but none of that impacted Fantastic Beasts. Now he wasnt the Title lead, but was for sure a large part of the franchise, and still plenty part of the film.

I agree with most of the sentiments posted in here about him (less so about Herd, shes not endangering anyone other than Depp who has his own issues) but I really dont think its going to hurt their box office as much as some of you want to infer, especially not any more than their treatment of the DC Universe already has

People have been handwaving celebrity behavior since before Hollywood was even a thing, and if they want to see a film, its unlikely that those type of extracurriculars will dissuade them, unless they were done against another celebrity, and even then...

This feels like a touch grass moment, most of the viewership of these blockbusters dont actually participate online regularly

also another thing that helps WB. the movie star is damn near dead. I bet most people who'll see this film don't even know who erza miller is..their going to see the Flash and Batman..which should also make it easier for them to cut ties with him after this and replaced him with someone else going forward.

• Like 1