DC Movie Universe

devils1854

18 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I wonder if Gunn/Safran are worried about oversaturation, especially with a new universe. The MCU is starting to get some pushback from the GA about there being too much to follow with the TV shows and specials on Disney+ on top of the movies. If they are asking people to follow the movies + TV shows + a separate Batverse, then I think they're asking for failure.

I largely agree, but its not just the quantity of the post Endgame MCU content, but the quality.    Theyve embraced "quantity over quality" since Endgame, and people got so locked in to the legacy characters which were so much better written and developed than the new characters and stories, that alot of newer stuff is falling flat outside of hardcore fans.

I dont necessarily think oversaturation of DC content is the biggest issue.   I think the much bigger issues are superhero fatigue in general and continued mismanagement of DC properties.    I still have little faith that Gunn and Safran will make it work.    Casting and initial plan reveals will go a long way in determining how much faith I have in this new DCU.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Then replace him now or after the second one with someone who looks similar.  No one cared that much when Keaton was replaced twice.  People only had issue with WHO they replaced him with

Kilmer was fine given what he had to work with, and could have been amazing.   Clooney could have been better, but he didn't fit the role at all.

6 hours ago, 43M said:

I largely agree, but its not just the quantity of the post Endgame MCU content, but the quality.    Theyve embraced "quantity over quality" since Endgame, and people got so locked in to the legacy characters which were so much better written and developed than the new characters and stories, that alot of newer stuff is falling flat outside of hardcore fans.

I dont necessarily think oversaturation of DC content is the biggest issue.   I think the much bigger issues are superhero fatigue in general and continued mismanagement of DC properties.    I still have little faith that Gunn and Safran will make it work.    Casting and initial plan reveals will go a long way in determining how much faith I have in this new DCU.   

What you don't like every male hero being Starlord?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Then replace him now or after the second one with someone who looks similar.  No one cared that much when Keaton was replaced twice.  People only had issue with WHO they replaced him with

It's going to be a new Batman, new world for Batman, new events for Batman.

Looks like Reeves will be given a season of his series on HBO plus his next movie, but that's going to be separate.

Reeves himself has said this. He's meeting with Gunn on how to not get in each other's way. Every indication of this is so they can go over how to least confuse the audience with multiple Batmans and also avoid using the same villains, plot points and comic references.

I'm not a fan of this approach, but only because I want more Batman in the new universe. Looks like this is just going to delay Batman's introduction in the new universe.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Looks like Reeves will be given a season of his series on HBO plus his next movie, but that's going to be separate.

Reeves himself has said this. He's meeting with Gunn on how to not get in each other's way. Every indication of this is so they can go over how to least confuse the audience with multiple Batmans and also avoid using the same villains, plot points and comic references.

I'm not a fan of this approach, but only because I want more Batman in the new universe. Looks like this is just going to delay Batman's introduction in the new universe.

While true, this isn't necessarily bad. I don't think the DCU is going to be ready for a while. The Batman 2 has a decent shot at being out before any DCU movie is, and that'd be a good thing as far as minimizing confusion/crossover. 

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I literally said that in a previous post, but this had to do if they wanted to speed up the integration of Batman into the new DCU

46 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I literally said that in a previous post, but this had to do if they wanted to speed up the integration of Batman into the new DCU

I thought you were talking about the character. Im talking about the character. Nothing in the Reeves Batman movies/shows will be a part of the Gunn DCU.

51 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont think he ever said he was releasing a Slate? Just that there would be more information

I think he said the first few projects would be announced.

One is obviously Superman.

I honestly think they are still trying to figure out how to handle Batman.

My guess is Superman, Green Lantern and a far off Justice League movie is announced, with numerous other projects to be announced at a later date.

Superman - late 2025 or early 26.

Green Lantern- Holiday 26

Justice League - 28 or 29.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

His original quote was that they had a slate, and would announce more information in January. 

He can call it a "slate", but as @43M just said, if its more than the first one or two planned projects, and then the eventual goalpost of Justice League, I will be very surprised

Jason Mamoa has basically confirmed he is remaining as part of the DCU.

In what capacity...I dont know.

If they keep him and Ezra, Im going to be really mad since they are dumping Cavill.   Start over....not some half arsed bull ****.

Recast Mamoa as Lobo.   Id be cool with that.

PS...oh, and strong rumors that Chris Pratt will join the DCU.   Hal Jordan, maybe?   Booster Gold?

13 hours ago, 43M said:

Jason Mamoa has basically confirmed he is remaining as part of the DCU.

In what capacity...I dont know.

If they keep him and Ezra, Im going to be really mad since they are dumping Cavill.   Start over....not some half arsed bull ****.

Recast Mamoa as Lobo.   Id be cool with that.

PS...oh, and strong rumors that Chris Pratt will join the DCU.   Hal Jordan, maybe?   Booster Gold?

I could definitely see him as Hal Jordan.  Perfect fit.  If true, is that actually an accidental GOTG spoiler?

• Like 1