DC Movie Universe

devils1854

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Told you Batmans would be separate.

Still thought there was a strong chance Reeves’ Batman got cancelled.

Not a fan of Batman starting long enough for Robin to be around already. That’s super bummer for me, but it’ll give an opportunity for Batman to be more of a presence as the older grumpier Batman in interactions.

Grumpy Jon Hamm Batman I would be down for. Or is confirmed Affleck is back.

Edited by Fresh Prince

Alright with these announcements, these who we are still waiting on.

Robin/Nightwing (Maybe in the brave the bold)

Other major JL characters (Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Canary)

Titans (not TT go), Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy,

Constantine, Zatanna (very small chance  in Swamp Thing?)

Deathstroke (small chance in Waller, solid chance in brave and bold)

Superman: Legacy

“It focuses on Superman balancing his Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing,” Safran said. “He is the embodiment of truth, justice and the American way. He is kindness in a world that thinks of kindness as old-fashioned.”

Grade: A 

This is exactly what I wanted to see regarding Superman. 

The Authority

“It isn’t just a story of heroes and villains, and not every movie and TV show is going to be about good guy versus bad guy,” Gunn said. “There are people that are very questionable, like the Authority, who basically believe that you can’t fix the world in an easy manner, and they take things into their own hands.”

Grade: B

Way outside the box but something with a lot of potential. It's kind of the anti-Suicide Squad. Good guys who do bad things and are too powerful to control. It's different and ambitious. Exactly the type of thing that could stand out. They are also the team that The Elite were based off of. Superman vs. The Elite is one of my favorite Superman stories.

The Brave and The Bold

This version of Robin is Damian Wayne; Gunn described him as “our favorite Robin,” “a little son of a *****,” an “assassin” and a “murderer.” 

Damian is Bruce Wayne’s biological son, a fact unknown to Wayne for the first eight to 10 years of Damian’s life. “It’s a very strange sort of father-son story about the two of them,” Gunn said.

Grade: C-

I'm sorry but Damian Wayne is a garbage character. I like that we are getting the Bat family. Nightwing will certainly be around too and that's great. But there were so many better ways to go about this. Batman in blue would be sweet to see though.

Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow

“We see the difference between Superman, who was sent to Earth and raised by loving parents from the time he’s an infant, versus Supergirl, who was raised on a rock chip off of Krypton, and watched everyone around her die and be killed in terrible ways for the first 14 years of her life.”

Grade: TBD

I like Supergirl as a character. I like this is going to be primarily a space series. I do not at all like that this will be a "very different type of Supergirl". It's based off of a high regarded story so that helps. This could range from an A to an F.

Swamp Thing

“This is a much more horrific film, but we’ll still have Swamp Thing interact with the other characters,” he added.

Horror Swamp Thing? Sounds fantastic.

Edited by Bullet Club

Creature Commandos

The Creature Commando characters were first launched in 1980. The premise features Frankenstein’s monster teaming up with a werewolf, a vampire and a gorgon to fight Nazis in World War II. It doesn’t appear that Gunn’s version takes quite the same approach — Weasel, one of the characters from Gunn’s 2021 film “The Suicide Squad,” is one of the Commandos, along with Rick Flag’s father, Rick Flag Sr. 

Grade: C+

Interesting idea, and a cool concept. I'm glad it's animated, which makes it easier to pull off. However, tying it into previous SS isn't ideal.

Waller

Instead, “team ‘Peacemaker'” will appear alongside Davis as a “continuation” of that show, Gunn said — which (spoiler alert for Season 1 of “Peacemaker”) ended with Waller’s daughter Leota Adebayo (Danielle Brooks) outing Task Force X (a.k.a. the Suicide Squad) and Waller’s role running it to the world.

Grade: C

Torn because I like Peacemaker but this needed to be a full reboot. This confirms that it's not, and I hate that. 

Lanterns

“Greg’s vision was more of a space opera,” Safran said. “Our vision is much more ‘True Detective,’ terrestrial-based investigation story.”

Grade: A+

Sounds incredible, and the perfect way to introduce multiple lanterns and the mythos. Probably the best overall announcement.

Paradise Lost

This “‘Game of Thrones’-ish story,” Safran said, is set on the island of Themyscira before the birth of Diana (a.k.a. Wonder Woman).

“It’s really about the political intrigue behind a society of all women,” Safran said.

Grade: B+

This is another outside the box idea that will makes DC feel a lot different and that's cool. Making it a Game of Thrones type show in a superhero world is intriguing to say the least. However, I really hope this doesn't turn into a dumping on all men type of show.

Booster Gold

Safran called Booster “a loser from the future who uses basic future technology to come back to today and pretend to be a superhero.”

Added Gunn, “Basically, ‘Booster Gold’ is imposter syndrome as a superhero.”

This sounds like a fantastic concept. A really unique take (as far as live action superhero go) and something that will be best served by the episodic format. I'm all for this.

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Gunn called The Flash one of the greatest superhero movies ever. They both said Miller is making great progress in their recovery and they will be meeting soon about next steps.

Miller should be in prison.   

26 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Gunn called The Flash one of the greatest superhero movies ever. They both said Miller is making great progress in their recovery and they will be meeting soon about next steps.

I’m all about paying your dues and redemption. But I haven’t seen a single thing where Ezra has shown remorse or taken responsibility. If Ezra wants to come back to acting after a long hiatus, I may be open to it. Right now though, Ezra should be in prison. 

• Like 2

Alot has already been said in here, and I agree with just about all of it, just a few extra thoughts

-I really like acknowledging the "Elseworlds" as part of the universe, it keeps some current good things going, and leaves open the possibility for other stuff that doesnt need to fit into the universe

-Waller... I love Davis in this character, but this just means they are holding on to the old stuff. Which is a bad move. I have aglimer of hope that this may be just a red herring so people dont give up on the large slate this year. Maybe it is a Waller show, but wiped clean? Maybe its actually something else for Davis? (Im just hoping at this point)

-I also think its all kinds of dumb to be mixing animated into this live action. If anything it only makes things messier (and way more expensive)

-Seems like he has a great grasp on Superman, a real interesting plan for Green Lantern, and some lofty goals for stuff like Swap Thing, But I have my reservations if we ever get there.\

-The Authority was the first thing that had me worried. As in are they already over their ski's here? Feels much more like a move you make once your Universe has already laid its Foundation. Its a real Guardians type move, but you are planting your flag before you have anything to plant it in

-And ofcourse, Damien Wayne... Really? Were going to hamper Batman right out of the gates? He now HAS to be an older Batman, you are saddling him with his worst Robin, and we have skipped over Soooo many of the good Batman stories.

There is surely more than one way to build a Superhero Cinematic Universe, but it sure feels like they are taking a much tougher path than is needed to be conquered

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

-And ofcourse, Damien Wayne... Really? Were going to hamper Batman right out of the gates? He now HAS to be an older Batman, you are saddling him with his worst Robin, and we have skipped over Soooo many of the good Batman stories.

Good. Let Reeves universe have them. 

• Like 1

My biggest worry is that it feels like they are copying the MCU playbook RIGHT NOW as opposed to the MCU playbook when it first started and was actually...ya know...good.

This feels like quantity over quality.    Obviously, we dont know the quality yet and it could be decent, but it looks like a bunch of stuff just being thrown together, kinda like it was before.

Sure, there might be a plan, but a poor plan is just as bad as no plan.

Sorry...not trying to be OVERLY negative, but I was hoping the new slate reveal would give me some optimism for the collective UNIVERSE, but it really didnt.    I am excited for a few projects, but the fact that it leaves the door open for people like Ezra Miller to return really ******* annoys me.   Then again, Gunn is kind of a sicko too, so I guess Im not surprised.

• Like 2