DC Movie Universe

devils1854

On 6/20/2023 at 7:36 AM, 43M said:

While that MAY be the case, he actively defended Ezra Miller and said no one else could play Flash better and would not recast him.    That alone made me lose almost all faith in him.

And before anyone says he was just trying to hype up the film and didn't want to throw the lead actor under the bus, he shouldve just kept his mouth shut altogether, instead of defending a terrible person most people didn't want and also spoiling major cameos weeks before the movie came out.   

Personally, I dont see Gunn turning things around for WB/DC.   I think they've lost too much faith with moviegoers, and I think superhero fatigue has set in.   The Batman 2 and Joker 2 should do well, but I dont think the Gunnverse will ever make it out of "Chapter 1".

Concerning the Gunnverse?  I hope you are wrong, but in my heart, I feel that you are right.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Everything I've heard about the upcoming slate of movies sounds terrible. 

I personally wouldn't say "terrible", but I dont think its a good approach to rebuilding the brand.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Concerning the Gunnverse?  I hope you are wrong, but in my heart, I feel that you are right.

I hope I am wrong.   Ive always loved DC stuff and always hoped they could do in live action what they did with their animated stuff in the 90s and 2000s.

But just like my dream of a great modern NFL videogame, my hopes dwindle more and more every year of ever seeing it happen.  😔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

How long until Warner Brothers no longer exists?

They are probably going to have to sell off a bunch off assets and franchises to survive, including allowing other companies to create DC content.    Probably just hold onto Batman and Superman as exclusives.

Of course, this is largely speculation, but when youre already several billion in debt, your most recent big budget summer movie laughably bombs, and you have another $300m bullet in the barrell thats likely going to bomb just as bad, IF its even released.....WB is in dire trouble.   Blue Beetle is likely DOA too.

I kinda hope they just tank and sell DC altogether.    Sure, it would likely end up in the hands of people who wont do any better with it and make alot of the same mistakes, but WB isnt going to turn this trainwreck around.   

The Flash felt like you could feel the multiple directions from the DC franchises pulling in different directions. Time travel and multiverse concepts were poorly developed. Keaton was great. Calle was fine even though she didn't have much to do other than be angry and fight. Miller had a ton working against them and I don't think they're someone who can carry a movie like this. Doesn't help that there's a recent well done live action flash to compare it to. 

Wish they would have done a better job with this universe. The casting other than Miller was all excellent, but it never felt like there was much of a plan.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

sucks that keatons return as batman was for this. I'd rather see him come back to finish his own franchise by making Batman 3 with Burton or do Batman Beyond

Keaton coming back for this makes More sense, then him coming back for a random Batman 3 film

2 hours ago, August4th said:

sucks that keatons return as batman was for this. I'd rather see him come back to finish his own franchise by making Batman 3 with Burton or do Batman Beyond

The ending makes me think they might use him still in the brave and the bold. Unlikely, but I can talk myself into it.

28 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane is a home run hire.

Yep, biggest win so far in the new DCU. 
Perfect pick.

Guy they got for Supes is fine, glad it’s him and not Hoult or the kid from white lotus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yep, biggest win so far in the new DCU. 
Perfect pick.

Guy they got for Supes is fine, glad it’s him and not Hoult or the kid from white lotus

When I saw both Hoult and Superman: Legacy trending on Twitter I thought the same lol. I’m unfamiliar with Corenswet but he looks the part.