DC Movie Universe

devils1854

9 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

When I saw both Hoult and Superman: Legacy trending on Twitter I thought the same lol. I’m unfamiliar with Corenswet but he looks the part.  

He had a sweetness to him in what I’ve seen that I can see they liked for Clark. 

Hoult is fine at what he does, but he’d be much more at home as Lex than Supes. He was a perfect pick for the snobby foodie in The Menu last year, just his vibe.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

He had a sweetness to him in what I’ve seen that I can see they liked for Clark. 

Hoult is fine at what he does, but he’d be much more at home as Lex than Supes. He was a perfect pick for the snobby foodie in The Menu last year, just his vibe.

I thought he was more Bruce wayne than Clark Kent

Home run castings for Supes and Lois.

But Cavill was a home run casting too and we all saw how that ended up.

Still, this at least keeps me interested in the DCGunnU.    

Between this and Flash bombing, I think its two of the best things that could have happened to DC on film...at least from a fan standpoint.   It kicks off the new DCU in a good way and lets WB execs know fans aren't going to put up with their same dumb **** anymore.   

Give fans what they want and do it the right way.   

Then you might have a chance.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, August4th said:

I hope the visual style of these gunn world films are completely different from the snyderverse and MCU

I honestly wasn't a huge fan of the new Suicide Squad either that Gunn did. If that's the style he will continue... well we'll see. 

3 hours ago, 43M said:

Between this and Flash bombing, I think its two of the best things that could have happened to DC on film...at least from a fan standpoint.   It kicks off the new DCU in a good way and lets WB execs know fans aren't going to put up with their same dumb **** anymore.   

Told ya

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 6:32 AM, 43M said:

Also, is it just me or does the new Superman actor (David Corenswet) look like a young Henry Cavill?

is-david-corenswet-related-to-henry-cavi

• Like 1

Doesn't look terrible, and I like Xolo....but it kinda feels like an Iron Man/Spider Man Homecoming amalgamation.     Nothing necessarily wrong with that for a movie like this, but its kinda like "been there, done that".

I wont go to the theaters for it, but I guess it could be decent.

On 7/12/2023 at 3:02 PM, Acgott said:

But wait! There’s more!

Always thought he'd make the perfect Zsazz, but oh well.

While Im a fan of the Supes and Lous castings, Im not entirely sure about the other characters.    The CASTINGS are fine, but Guy Gardner?   Mr Terrific?   Metamorpho presumably as the main villain?   I guess it could be like Suicide Squad where those characters are only in like 5 minutes of the movie, but I doubt it.    Gunn does do better than most at juggling and managing numerous characters in his films, but I hope its a tighter focus on Superman, and considering its supposed to be a more personal story, I hope theres a better main villain as well.