DC Movie Universe

devils1854

12 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

What about Steven Strait as a younger Bruce Wayne/Batman?

His look works.  Dont know much about his acting ability, though.

For a couple other unknown names....Dylan Bruce and Brant Daugherty definitely have the right looks.

I just have a bad feeling the WB will force a bigger name into the role that isnt necessarily the best fit like Jake Gyllenhaal.     Then again, everyone hated on the Ben Affleck and Heath Ledger choices, and they both turned out great, so who knows?   

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

His look works.  Dont know much about his acting ability, though.

For a couple other unknown names....Dylan Bruce and Brant Daugherty definitely have the right looks.

I just have a bad feeling the WB will force a bigger name into the role that isnt necessarily the best fit like Jake Gyllenhaal.     Then again, everyone hated on the Ben Affleck and Heath Ledger choices, and they both turned out great, so who knows?   

If you are into sci-fi tv shows, check out expanse and I thought he did well in a lead role there.

The two you mentioned do have the look but I've never seen them in anything so I can't speak to their abilities.

WB has shown to lay an egg on almost anything so we shouldn't be surprised and have every right for concern. I wasn't on the Batfleck and didn't care for him in BvS but did enjoy his character in JL. So it seems to me they made a nice choice.

Doubt anyone will agree with me, but I have always though Matt Bomer would make a darn good Bruce Wayne (feels like he can fake that d-bag billionaire playboy too good) but Im not sure how he could pull off the batman side. If we were to go more detective/gadget based instead of the brawlers we have seen lately, I think he would be all around very good.

And although he is now 40, he still looks like he is in his early 30s and could play that role for a while.

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Doubt anyone will agree with me, but I have always though Matt Bomer would make a darn good Bruce Wayne (feels like he can fake that d-bag billionaire playboy too good) but Im not sure how he could pull off the batman side. If we were to go more detective/gadget based instead of the brawlers we have seen lately, I think he would be all around very good.

And although he is now 40, he still looks like he is in his early 30s and could play that role for a while.

Matt Bomer is awesome.   Loved him in White Collar.  Beyond some of the same concerns about him on the Batman side....he looks way too much like Superman/Henry Cavill IMO.    

If its true what they are saying about Reeves, he wants a relatively unknown guy as Batman, but whether the studio allows that remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, RaiderX said:

Hamm was my choice before Affleck was cast. Guy is the spitting image of BW.

DQjcdO_W4AAAgku.jpg

Hamm has been one of the more common fan suggestions since Bale hung it up.

I agree he has the perfect look for Wayne, but if Affleck doesnt come back I have almost no doubt they will cast younger so they can have someone in the universe for the next 10 years.

What about Scott Eastwood?  Too young?  I don't think I've seen him in anything memorable yet, so if his acting is crap never mind.

I just realized how easy it would be to Flashpoint a new Batman.  Just have his parents meet later in life.  Boom, younger Batman. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

What about Scott Eastwood?  Too young?  I don't think I've seen him in anything memorable yet, so if his acting is crap never mind.

I just realized how easy it would be to Flashpoint a new Batman.  Just have his parents meet later in life.  Boom, younger Batman. 

Eastwood was already in Suicide Squad. Not that they couldnt still use him if they though he was the guy, but just wanted to point that out.

And you are right, but we dont even really need to see why there is a different Batman, just that he is different. If through the Flashpoint movie they show us that "Everything" changed when he tried to change the past (likely save his mom), we know if he affects the timeline that things change. 

It would probably be even better if we dont know what he accidentally changed to cause this shift, because then he cant go back to correct it, we just have to live with it. The more you try to explain it, the more convoluted it would get. Just make the change, let Flash be weirded out by it (hang that lampshade) and just move on and not mention it again.

6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Never been impressed with his acting...but who knows, plenty of people have improved and he'll keep getting chances.

Not that they'd use him again

• 4 weeks later...