DC Movie Universe

devils1854

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lol, come on, man.  You think that's a bad idea?  Do you legit think Shazam is gonna be good? 

No, I dont have high expectations for what it sounds like they are doing with Shazam. But I also dont think it will be as bad as half of the other Comic Book movies that have come out in the past 18 years.

And there is a a decent enough chance that Levi is a home-run as Shazam, that its worth them making it. Because if they reset everything with Flashpoint, they can just leave it out like you want them to with SS and other films

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Acgott said:

I feel everyone is going to be ecstatic with this news!!!

I dont hate Bay as much as others.    His films obviously lack development and depth, but Lobo would need to be straight up, high octane action eye candy to appeal to people on a large scale.  Movie buffs will hate this, but this isnt bad news for drawing in casual fans.    And the one advantage this will have over things like Transformers and Ninja Turtles is that Lobo isnt nearly as mainstream or popular, so there wont be huge expectations.  

Again though, this is the issue with WB and the current DCEU.   They are already planning movies for secondary and tertiary characters before having their big guns straight.    Its like someone starts building a house, and proceeds to move in furniture and hang up decorations before even completing the foundation.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Again though, this is the issue with WB and the current DCEU.   They are already planning movies for secondary and tertiary characters before having their big guns straight.    Its like someone starts building a house, and proceeds to move in furniture and hang up decorations before even completing the foundation.  

Its amazing to me how everyone else has seen this, but they cant figure it out.

I still think my theory of WB/DC has someone there with loose lips just tipping every idea they have in a meeting, even before they become concrete, holds alot of water,

I for sure would have reset, focused on a Gothom Cinematic Universe, and in parallel fixed Superman while continuing Wonder Woman.

15 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its amazing to me how everyone else has seen this, but they cant figure it out.

I still think my theory of WB/DC has someone there with loose lips just tipping every idea they have in a meeting, even before they become concrete, holds alot of water,

I for sure would have reset, focused on a Gothom Cinematic Universe, and in parallel fixed Superman while continuing Wonder Woman.

I would have did a soft reboot with Flashpoint.   That may still be the plan, but they shouldve been solely focused on that IMO, and after that script was completed and finalized, then build the rest of the DCEU based on that.

Instead, they are already planning other films within the universe.

I honestly think they dont care for superhero movies and the only reason they are even doing them is because they know its a potential gold mine.   Unfortunately, they seem too stupid to make the most of it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I honestly think they dont care for superhero movies and the only reason they are even doing them is because they know its a potential gold mine.   Unfortunately, they seem too stupid to make the most of it.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the harsh truth we are all facing with DC

27 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Unfortunately, this seems to be the harsh truth we are all facing with DC

Which is sad, because it could be done brilliantly. 

Look at the animated DC stuff, especially from the 90s and early 2000s.    I know they are animated, but the characters, tone and even many of the stories would translate to live action well.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

They are already planning movies for secondary and tertiary characters before having their big guns straight. 

To be fair, Marvel started with Iron Man who at the time was a C-list hero. Granted they knocked it out of the park but to scale pre MCU Iron Man to a DC property it would probably be someone like Blue Beetle

Just now, MathMan said:

anything has to be better than Sinbads performance.

This is literally true because anything would be an actual performance instead of a non-performance.

I am a lexicon of 80's-90's family movies, Julie.  Sinbad was never in a Shazam movie.  Let it go. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

To be fair, Marvel started with Iron Man who at the time was a C-list hero. Granted they knocked it out of the park but to scale pre MCU Iron Man to a DC property it would probably be someone like Blue Beetle

Two notes....

1) That seems a little exaggerated.   I know he wasnt super popular, but as a casual fan, I knew far more about Iron Man than Blue Beetle.   Honestly, I probably never even heard of Blue Beetle until recent years.  Maybe Cyborg is a better comparison?    Not sure.

2) Even if Iron Man wasnt that popular, he is the guy they chose to build around from the beginning, and they set all the characters up nicely.  They were the foundation.   In the DCEU, they chose to build around their top characters (rightfully so), but didnt do a great job, and now, they are trying to set up new characters not many people know, despite not having done well with the key characters.   I have to imagine thats going to turn people away.