DC Movie Universe

devils1854

15 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

From SuperHeroHype:

This movie really is going to be a trainwreck.

Did you see the supposed synopsis for the movie?   I'm still not sure I believe it.  I cant even believe WB would be THAT stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Been known for a while. Going to be a long time before it ever sees the light of day, though.

Just wanted to remind people. When a lot of the people who worked on it say that it's a lot better than what was put out at the end. WB needs to put it out for the fans. 

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Just wanted to remind people. When a lot of the people who worked on it say that it's a lot better than what was put out at the end. WB needs to put it out for the fans. 

Picture the re-release stuff from Endgame, but way more unfinished.

31 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I seriously doubt they would even put out the Snyder cut unless they allowed him to go back and finish the effects.

Kevin Smith said he's seen it and he would guess it would cost a good $30 million to truly finish it. WB won't sink that much into it, especially if they wait much longer and the hype dies down. And they won't release it anytime soon because they don't want a (potentially) superior, high profile version released so soon after the catastrophe they put in theaters.

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Kevin Smith said he's seen it and he would guess it would cost a good $30 million to truly finish it. WB won't sink that much into it, especially if they wait much longer and the hype dies down. And they won't release it anytime soon because they don't want a (potentially) superior, high profile version released so soon after the catastrophe they put in theaters.

Yeah, doesnt shock me, but I dont think they will release the Snyder cut if it looks like balls.    

Personally, I think people should just move on.    I dont care what anyone says, its not going to be some dramatic difference in quality that is going to change everyones mind.    I do think it could improve the movie, but again, does it really matter?   That movie-verse is pretty much scrapped anyway.   i know Wonder Woman and Aquaman are still going, but Ben Affleck Batman is done and Henry Cavill is very likely out as Superman.     

They need to stop talking about putting a shiny coat of paint on a crappy movie, and focus on the future of the DC movie-verse.   This lack of focus is why the current DCEU is pretty much a joke.  

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Yeah, doesnt shock me, but I dont think they will release the Snyder cut if it looks like balls.    

Personally, I think people should just move on.    I dont care what anyone says, its not going to be some dramatic difference in quality that is going to change everyones mind.    I do think it could improve the movie, but again, does it really matter?   That movie-verse is pretty much scrapped anyway.   i know Wonder Woman and Aquaman are still going, but Ben Affleck Batman is done and Henry Cavill is very likely out as Superman.     

They need to stop talking about putting a shiny coat of paint on a crappy movie, and focus on the future of the DC movie-verse.   This lack of focus is why the current DCEU is pretty much a joke.  

Most fans just want to see what could have been if the original was let to play out. Hell you never know it could actually be better and maybe just maybe theyll let Snyder finish off his 5 movie arc for Superman. They've already made 3 of the 5.

30 million to finish. Release it on blu ray and 4k only. 30 bucks for the 4k release. Theyll only need to sale 1 million copies for it to start making money. The rest would be profit to eat up any deficit that the remade original release didnt make. It's a win win for both sides. The fans who want to see it and the studio to make more money

2 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Most fans just want to see what could have been if the original was let to play out. Hell you never know it could actually be better and maybe just maybe theyll let Snyder finish off his 5 movie arc for Superman. They've already made 3 of the 5.

30 million to finish. Release it on blu ray and 4k only. 30 bucks for the 4k release. Theyll only need to sale 1 million copies for it to start making money. The rest would be profit to eat up any deficit that the remade original release didnt make. It's a win win for both sides. The fans who want to see it and the studio to make more money

You have to factor in marketing too. which likely adds another 2 mil.  And I'm not sure that many people would buy it.  It left a bad taste in many people's mouths.  Maybe rent, but I already paid for it once...I'm not doing it again.

If they do it, so be it...I just think people should move on.

On 8/20/2019 at 9:02 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Did you see the supposed synopsis for the movie?   I'm still not sure I believe it.  I cant even believe WB would be THAT stupid.

Also, the test screenings got mixed reviews.

Keep in mind: test screening reviewers have an ulterior motive going in. They know if they badmouth the movie, they won't get invited to future screenings, so it's not uncommon for them to give a fake positive review. Dawn of Justice, Justice League and Fant4shyt had "glowing" test screening reactions as well and look how those turned out.

If a movie has "mixed" reviews from test screening audiences, you know the movie is shaping up to be a disaster especially if they hire a second director during reshoots.

• Like 1