DC Movie Universe

devils1854

14 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Trying to save some marketing budget for when it bombs I see.

If that's not a signed and sealed guarantee that the movie's gonna be bad, then I don't know what is. All the production troubles and mixed test screening results point to it being a trainwreck as well.

WB should just stick to solo DC films, they've had a pretty good run with those... so far.

20 hours ago, KManX89 said:

And it gets worse: WB announces the Birds of Prey trailer will be released exclusively in theaters and won't be online.

Wow, I knew WB were run by idiots, but this is a new low even for them. They're really giving a Sony for their money.

Well, here is the teaser...

Dont really get much from it either way, but I can pretty much already tell Im not going to like this take on Black Mask, even if the rumored story isnt true....although this trailer gives me the vibe it could be.

I expect this movie to bomb.      Maybe not an epic bomb, but not enough to justify the movie ever being made.  

Honestly I like that trailer. If you accept that the movie is just going to be bananas and don't take it so seriously, looks like it would be a fun ride. If this didnt come from such established and well liked source material I don't think it gets the ire it has received thus far in the lead up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Honestly I like that trailer. If you accept that the movie is just going to be bananas and don't take it so seriously, looks like it would be a fun ride. If this didnt come from such established and well liked source material I don't think it gets the ire it has received thus far in the lead up

I dont think the trailer is bad...its just kinda meh.  Not much to take away from it.    I'm still not excited for it, but there are other reasons for that.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:01 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, here is the teaser...

Dont really get much from it either way, but I can pretty much already tell Im not going to like this take on Black Mask, even if the rumored story isnt true....although this trailer gives me the vibe it could be.

I expect this movie to bomb.      Maybe not an epic bomb, but not enough to justify the movie ever being made.  

I saw it during the previews for It Chapter 2, it looks like dog ish. In a sense, I don't blame WB for wanting to distance themselves from this sure-to-be trainwreck, especially after hearing about the pedophilia storyline they're cutting in post. You heard about this, right? My jaw literally dropped after reading this, this is Uwe Boll level terribad writing right there. HTF did this even make it past the editing room? How did ANYONE at WB think this was a good idea in the first place?

All the more reason to be nervous about this movie.

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

HTF did this even make it past the editing room? How did ANYONE at WB think this was a good idea in the first place?

Im going to have to see it to believe it at this point (either in the film, or someone on the movie actually confirming any of this) because of how wild it is.

Not saying its impossible, but it just seems like such an easy pile on.

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I saw it during the previews for It Chapter 2, it looks like dog ish. In a sense, I don't blame WB for wanting to distance themselves from this sure-to-be trainwreck, especially after hearing about the pedophilia storyline they're cutting in post. You heard about this, right? My jaw literally dropped after reading this, this is Uwe Boll level terribad writing right there. HTF did this even make it past the editing room? How did ANYONE at WB think this was a good idea in the first place?

All the more reason to be nervous about this movie.

34 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The same execs that hired a pedophile to direct Suicide Squad 2?  Shocker. 

It's the internet, don't believe everything you read. 

5 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

It's the internet, don't believe everything you read. 

Everything else I've heard about the movie is already bad enough by itself. The fact that WB won't release the trailer publicly except in theaters should tell you everything you need to know. 

They wouldn't be doing this if the film was any good at all.

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Everything else I've heard about the movie is already bad enough by itself. The fact that WB won't release the trailer publicly except in theaters should tell you everything you need to know. 

They wouldn't be doing this if the film was any good at all.

It's because it's a special trailer they attached to IT. They released a teaser online and will likely release a full trailer within the next month, chill.