DC Movie Universe

devils1854

Apparently, JJ Abrams reached a huge deal with Warner Brothers, and will be exclusive to them until 2024, at least. And the word is, he will play Kevin feige type role with DC movies. I personally think Abrams is overrated, but it should certainly help draw fans to the DC Universe.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Apparently, JJ Abrams reached a huge deal with Warner Brothers, and will be exclusive to them until 2024, at least. And the word is, he will play Kevin feige type role with DC movies. I personally think Abrams is overrated, but it should certainly help draw fans to the DC Universe.

If he can get a dc into a somewhat stable studio with structure, and a plan similar to mcu, it will be a huge win.

13 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

No Will Smith or Jared Leto? I haven't seen the first one, so no idea what happens to their characters if they died. 

Its essentially a soft reboot.   

I dont know if they will completely ignore the first one, but I dont think it will necessarily acknowledge it either.   

Jared Leto's Joker should never be used again.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Is there any buzz surrounding the CW's Batwoman series debuting in October?  

Ha...well, go check out the trailers and the like/dislike ratios...and that's even after YouTube removed a bunch of dislikes.

I don't know how the show will be, but considering the trailers and the fact that Ruby Rose can't act, I have no interest in the show. In fact, I've stopped watching all the CW superhero shows. They all suck now.

I might watch Arrow this year to see how it ends, and the crisis on infinite Earths storyline because Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are playing Batman and Joker, Brandon Roth and Tom Welling are playing alternate versions of Superman, but beyond that, I have no interest in these shows anymore.

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 1

Just now, August4th said:

I wish DC would start making a lot of shows with HBO. a TV-MA Batman show or a epic justice league series with a huge budget produced by HBO, who says no to that? if Watchmen is a success, maybe they will start green-lighting more DC stuff for HBO and HBO Max.

I doubt we would ever see a Justice League live action show, but I've been pushing for a Batman show on HBO for years. 10 hour long episodes per season, and they could explore Batman's Rogues gallery the way it deserves. You could do 5 movies, and still barely scratched the surface of Batman, Gotham and the evil that lurks Within.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 8:31 AM, THE DUKE said:

I'll be surprised if the largest words on the movie poster and trailer in this ridiculously long title aren't Harley Quinn.  Something like:

B  I  R  D  S   O  F   P  R  E  Y
and the Emancipation of One
H A R L E Y
   QUINN

I didn't particularly like this post, but I wanted to give you your 1000th like. :D

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ha...well, go check out the trailers and the like/dislike ratios...and that's even after YouTube removed a bunch of dislikes.

I don't know how the show will be, but considering the trailers and the fact that Ruby Rose can't act, I have no interest in the show. In fact, I've stopped watching all the CW superhero shows. They all suck now.

I might watch Arrow this year to see how it ends, and the crisis on infinite Earths storyline because Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are playing Batman and Joker, Brandon Roth and Tom Welling are playing alternate versions of Superman, but beyond that, I have no interest in these shows anymore.

I figured as much.  Never got into any of the CW shows.  Just saw a commercial for it last night.  First time I've ever heard it was a thing.

24 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I figured as much.  Never got into any of the CW shows.  Just saw a commercial for it last night.  First time I've ever heard it was a thing.

All the CW superhero shows have pretty much the same cookie cutter formula.     If you dont like one, chances are, you arent going to like the others.

The writing and direction of the shows have all gotten much worse too IMO.   The focus isnt even on the heroes...its on their personal lives.

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

All the CW superhero shows have pretty much the same cookie cutter formula.     If you dont like one, chances are, you arent going to like the others.

The writing and direction of the shows have all gotten much worse too IMO.   The focus isnt even on the heroes...its on their personal lives.

Let's not forgot the writers personal opinions. 

• Like 1